EVGA teases z87 motherboards

iAsuno

if this has the ability to add a north and south bridge water block i might get this instead of a Asus ROG motherboard for my Haswell build :3

Character artist in the Games industry.

What's the point of this then?http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RXYOKY

Think of Display port as firewire/eSATA/USB3.0 on steroids. While the most common application is throughput of video it has the ability to pass massive amounts of data very quickly. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Think of Display port as firewire/eSATA/USB3.0 on steroids. While the most common application is throughput of video it has the ability to pass massive amounts of data very quickly. 

DisplayPort is for displays only.  Thunderbolt is the interface that combines it with many other things such as FireWire or USB.  It uses the PCI Express protocol so really anything you can find a PCI card for, you can use Thunderbolt for provided someone makes it.  It's basically ePCIe.

Another board with a right angle 24 pin connector! Awesome!

I love the right-angle 24-pin; the beefy heatsinks all linked together with heat pipes; and the black PCB, PCIe slots, and DIMM slots, but it looks like a pretty standard audio solution compared to the high-end on-board audio we've been seeing included on Z87 offerings from other manufacturers plus I think this is an eATX board. I'm just not into the whole eATX thing.

Right angle 24 pin power + pretty sharp look! Now if EVGA made an m-atx version of this...

Sick right angle 24 pin looks awesome!

right angle USB3, right angle fan connectors, right angle 24 pin even, right angle everything :). I like the shroud on the connectors, a good balance between clean looks and thermal performance, and that matte PCB (similar to MPower), which should be used on every black board in existence :). Only thing I don't like is the shape of the heatsinks, the colour scheme has really grown old and it's lacking any sort of improved onboard sound system (which doesn't really matter if you have a decent sound card).

They have had right angle 24 pin on a few of there boards for a while now :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

They have had right angle 24 pin on a few of there boards for a while now :D

Well, I'll be damned.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

DisplayPort is for displays only.  Thunderbolt is the interface that combines it with many other things such as FireWire or USB.  It uses the PCI Express protocol so really anything you can find a PCI card for, you can use Thunderbolt for provided someone makes it.  It's basically ePCIe.

Thankyou Glenwing ... i thought i was on the right track.. now i just need to find a firewire to thunderbolt adapter and ill be set!

Right?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I can see an on-board speeker. sweet no need to have that crap plugged into the mobo anymore.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.