Windows 9 Leak: Metro Apps Windowed Mode and More Start Menu

Dietrichw

I like the new look a lot honestly. Looking forward to it.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Amazing they are gonna resell windows 8.1 for 100$ with just a start menu feature,and i tought DLC in games is bullshit.They are going to fix a mistake and ask us 100$+ for it phew...

WHERE ARE THE ACTUAL NEW FEATURES ?!!?!?

2f7.png

Amazing they are gonna resell windows 8.1 for 100$ with just a start menu feature,and i tought DLC in games is bullshit.They are going to fix a mistake and ask us 100$+ for it phew...

WHERE ARE THE ACTUAL NEW FEATURES ?!!?!?

2f7.png

Windows 7 was just fixed Vista. So it isn't unprecedented. Cool racket MS has isn't it?

Windows 3.1 should also be called "modern" now, since it had full screen apps. Also gigantic blocks that take up more real estate on a desktop = modern. Whatever though. As long as all that crap can be unpinned, the charms menu dies in a fire, then people will be happy.

If it less customizable than freakin Win 8 with "Start is back", which people can make third party, then MS can fix it with 9.1, or claim they are, and then not, kind of like how they said start bar was back in 8.1.

Funny thing? MS made a ton of money making a bad OS. 

1) They got money from the OEM from all in ones, laptops for 8.

2) They then sold people Win 7 at the same price as 8, which people gladly paid. Win 7 has a shorter support (2020) then 8 will, so more money in the future.

3) They withhold all new features from 7 (already were with DirectX 11.2/11.2), and can sell people 9.

One person. 3 OS's in a short time. Good job on fleecing PC users MS. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

seriously why not make a proper desktop copy without this metro fuss!

metro ui is reserved only to tablets... gosh!

seriously MS ._.

You know what? After watching Barnacules video about getting laid off from microsoft after 15 years of hard work, I will not be buying windows 9.

I'll stick with w7 for now, and focus heavily on Linux in my upcoming tech classes.

I'm not going to support a company that lays off 18000 people (in a completely random way it seems) just because they've been stupid and shot their profit margin in the foot, so they decide, well lets just fire a bunch of people, and keep doing the same stupid shit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

$100 upgrade for start menu. Cool!

It's free if you get just get classicshell, startisback, or start8.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I like the Metro UI, however, I don't care for any of this "news". I want to see performance improvments. Boot times, higher benchmark scores, lower resource usage, etc.

Windows 8 brought under the hood performance improvements and Windows 8.1 brought resource dependency reductions. So all Microsoft really needs to do is polish the OS to make a great one.

Windows 8.1 + Classic Start Menu (w/ Live Tiles) = Profit

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  Is it really that hard to understand, MS?

Microsoft is really hellbent on jamming Metro into our mouths......

With windows 8 they should have just allowed a switching between metro and this start menu in the options, there would be almost no complaints then

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

these are older builds and versions, the point of this was showing stuff that wasn't shown in those

these are older builds and versions, the point of this was showing stuff that wasn't shown in those

It shows the start menu and metro apps being in windowed.

Looks fine to me.

I was actually beginning to warm up to the first Metro UI in W8. I'm not trying to be insulting to people who disagree, but I think it's time to move on to new things and stop being so stubborn.

I think users should stand up angst software that suck and not just deal with it. Use linux or mac. Or keep using and buying windows 7 but when you buy 8 you are telling them that people want touch and giant buttons

I dislike the fact that they try to make us use metro and put it in front of our faces no matter what. While I am glad the old start menu is coming back kinda I do not like how on the same menu there is nasty metro icons staring at me eating my soul. 

It still looks as flat as paper. I don't like the colourful design of it. The UI should be plain and simple if people want it to look super colourful leave that to their own wallpapers or themes. Also the themes need to be easier to install rather than having to rummage through folders and installing different things to get the theme you wanted it should be as easy as installing a theme through the store or a programs section. Like what Linux has but even easier than that.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard