Consoles Remain King?!

Jerakl

People say consoles are better for split screen, but when playing split screen, the game lags so much. I was playing Black ops zombies on split screen the other day, and at some points it gets almost unplayable. With a PC, you could hook it up to a TV, plug in two controllers and you'd have nowhere near as much lag.

Well it isn't that consoles are better at split screen, it is just that they get that feature more often than PC games do. Nowadays they are basically the same hardware, so there is no reason there can't be more splitscreen/local co-op/single machine multiplayer titles on PC.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

That really pisses me off when people write shit like that, it shows 1. they don't know a single thing about the card other than the bullshit spouted at press release and the $3000 price tag, and 2. they probably play on console.

I bet if they said, "graphics card prices can vary from $150 (750ti) to (realistically) $1600 (295 x2) with AN option potentially reaching $3000", it would be a lot more appealing

One of the problems with many consolers is that they're largely misinformed by articles such as this, and undoubtedly, they already have a firm mindset about console being better and cheaper than pc, and articles like this simply serve to reinforce their mindset.

Your PC may be more expensive but our consoles have next-gen graphics! Only top end PCs can handle this! *epicly gestures to 792p Watchdogs*

/s

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

>Compared to other games.

Also, being a good port is more than being optimized.

What other games? Dude you lost all credibility on this forum. When people with hexas can't even run Watch Dog's at a static 60, people with OC I7's can't run at a static 60 and you call a crappy looking game pre mods a "phenomenal" port you may as well just quit while you are ahead.

Not everyone has OC hexas and I7's. This game looks so average, it should have run on a I7-920 perfectly from 2008 and that is STILL a more powerful CPU then is what is in these next gen consoles.

Add to that R9 290's drop to 30 FPS driving in Watch Dogs. It is possibly the worst optimized game ever from a cpu and a gpu standpoint. Blah blah 3bg VRAM, when 4 GB VRAM runs the game like crap and Nvidia's on an Nvidia title don't run it all that great as far as driving either. In before you talk about the shared memory pool on the console when it has a whopping 4.5 GB of ram it can even use between sys ram and vram that isn't locked to the OS, like 2 of the 8 cores on that pitiful mobile CPU. 

Then you claim have never gamed on the PC before? Most PC games have been dual core optimized and I have had Intel's which are much faster at single core. I have seen problems RARELY and they have usually involved games that are not on consoles and RTS or MASSIVE multiplayer that is impossible on "next gen" consoles. The only mmo on next gen is Final Fantasy and the framerate is dog #%$^ compared to a PC. Funny that a JRPG MMO can be better optimized than Watch Dogs.

There is ZERO excuse for this bad a port when the next gen consoles are x86 based and the consoles have freakin GCN AMD cards in them, and magically the game runs like @$^@ on desktop GPU's that are the exact architecture. You have to TRY to make a port this bad, and seeing Ubisoft disabled E3 effects they very well might have. Dark Souls 2 was the second PC port EVER from a Japanese company and ran silky smooth..

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/707-Watch-Dogs-PC-Discussion

There is the PC watch Dogs forum. First post on it atm is someone with SLI GTX 780's and a I7 Haswell at 4.6ghz who still can't run the game well. Guess what? He has a lot of company. Phenomenal port my ass.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Because I want a high end ROG board. Why?

Iy58SMk.gif

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

A good gaming pc cost $1000 a good console cost around $500. Both play games. To the average person as long as it turns on and they can play a game it doesn't matter. Take off your PC master race hats and try to understand this. I have games on MANY consoles and I can honestly say that they are a fun and inexpensive way to play games with friends.To some this is all that matters. They aren't enthusiasts. They don't want to mod and tweak. They just want something that works and works well at a relatively low cost. 

The consoles DON'T work well and at their launch prices you can build a PC that kicks the fuck out of them. With PC you get all the gaming features AND a good computer, which is almost a necessity for everyday life in most places. The only good things about consoles are their Exclusive Games; The Last of Us, Ryse, Beyond Two Souls, Killzone. Yeah the "Master Race" thing should be dropped, but PC is a superior platform in every way.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

When I make those arguments I'm not targeting people who have no tehnical ability, but the people who claim consoles are the best in terms of value for money and so on. Which they're clearly not. Your whole rant is just bringing up insults at people who make certain arguments, and then failing to refute those arguments. Try again.

Consoles aren't that great considering a lot of their games cant manage 1080P 60FPS.

I already see a few problem with such a statement.

First, the consoles are actually good for the value in given scenarios, which I have already explained. Saying that the consoles are NEVER a good value is equally idiotic as those anti-PC arguments that those forum-creeping twats are making.

Your second point could not make any less sense. Please clarify. I have made my arguments very clear, and I did not actually insult anybody. There is a difference between being upfront and being insulting.

Finally, 1080P60 may be the minimum tech standard, but it is certainly not the minimum playable. Are you telling me that I will not have any fun at all, if I played AoE3 at 480P30? This is another shallow statement that does not actually mean anything.

-snip-

With an attitude like that, you really should not speak about other people's credibility.

And, also, you missed his point by a mile.

What many people are forgetting is that is is not a problem specific to Watch_Dogs. Lately all of the PC ports that we have been getting are a complete and absolute mess. COD:Ghosts, running with 2003 textures and limited to console "settings". Battlefield 4 is crashing left right and center. Assassin's Creed VI is bottlenecked by the shoddy DRM service, uPlay.

He is correct, a good port is more that just being optimized for the PC platform.

Name me ONE port that is well-optimized AND worth a damn AND released after 2012. Not as easy as you think. And FYI Dark Souls 2 has It's own set of silly problems at launch, so it does not count.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

PC is a superior platform in every way.

I couldn't agree more. :)

Iy58SMk.gif

???

???

Give me actual reasons.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

What other games? Dude you lost all credibility on this forum. When people with hexas can't even run Watch Dog's at a static 60, people with OC I7's can't run at a static 60 and you call a crappy looking game pre mods a "phenomenal" port you may as well just quit while you are ahead.

Not everyone has OC hexas and I7's. This game looks so average, it should have run on a I7-920 perfectly from 2008 and that is STILL a more powerful CPU then is what is in these next gen consoles.

Add to that R9 290's drop to 30 FPS driving in Watch Dogs. It is possibly the worst optimized game ever from a cpu and a gpu standpoint. Blah blah 3bg VRAM, when 4 GB VRAM runs the game like crap and Nvidia's on an Nvidia title don't run it all that great as far as driving either. In before you talk about the shared memory pool on the console when it has a whopping 4.5 GB of ram it can even use between sys ram and vram that isn't locked to the OS, like 2 of the 8 cores on that pitiful mobile CPU. 

Then you claim have never gamed on the PC before? Most PC games have been dual core optimized and I have had Intel's which are much faster at single core. I have seen problems RARELY and they have usually involved games that are not on consoles and RTS or MASSIVE multiplayer that is impossible on "next gen" consoles. The only mmo on next gen is Final Fantasy and the framerate is dog #%$^ compared to a PC. Funny that a JRPG MMO can be better optimized than Watch Dogs.

There is ZERO excuse for this bad a port when the next gen consoles are x86 based and the consoles have freakin GCN AMD cards in them, and magically the game runs like @$^@ on desktop GPU's that are the exact architecture. You have to TRY to make a port this bad, and seeing Ubisoft disabled E3 effects they very well might have. Dark Souls 2 was the second PC port EVER from a Japanese company and ran silky smooth..

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/707-Watch-Dogs-PC-Discussion

There is the PC watch Dogs forum. First post on it atm is someone with SLI GTX 780's and a I7 Haswell at 4.6ghz who still can't run the game well. Guess what? He has a lot of company. Phenomenal port my ass.

Let's talk about what a port is. It's a game that's taken from the console version, and customized to make a PC version. Let's look at the console version. It runs like crap. Sure it's fun to say 'next gen' consoles or call them potatoes, but objectively, the PS4 at least, is about as powerful as where most people are sitting. It's roughly a 7850. That game runs either better than or equal to a PS4 on a 7850. It's like 1080p 25 average on high. It picks up way higher on medium. It actually is, a good pc port.

The problem is that people think a good port needs to be well optimized. A good port only needs to run as well per spec as a console does, and Watchdogs does. I think the real issue with Watchdogs is that the devs just didn't have time to finish it. Yes they got more time, but obviously that was just a way to make it presentable, and they weren't about to get more time since everybody knows gamers and publishers get super pissy about delays, even when they claim they don't care as long as it's good.

>Most PC games have been dual core optimized and I have had Intel's which are much faster at single core

Most games weren't made with 8 cores in mind from the get go. Games now on will be.

You want me to name drop actually bad ports?

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2(to a point), The Amazing Spiderman 2, Dead Space, GTA IV, hundreds of old games from the 2000-2009 era like the simpsons or the shrek games.

These are games that ran great on the consoles, and ran like shit on a PC, and that's  what makes them bad ports.

Give me actual reasons.

1. I like ROG boards

2. Broadwell support

3. cheaper than the formula

Its a video game holy shit who gives a crap.

lol it is kind of funny how upset people get over some fake games that serve no purpose in the real world. 

1. I like ROG boards

2. Broadwell support

3. cheaper than the formula

I can't, I can't

Q3VssHZ.jpg

Those are all bad reasons, you're wasting money.

I can't, I can't

Q3VssHZ.jpg

Those are all bad reasons, you're wasting money.

I am not going to outline my reasons. Now quit bugging me.

"A single GPU costs $3000"

Thats the freaking Titan!!!!!! *Slap* *Slap* *Slap*

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

NOT JUST ANY TITAN!

and its not even a gaming card lol xD

NOT JUST ANY TITAN!

TITAN Z 

TITAN Z 

l4d-boss-art-tank.jpg

In my opinion, consoles are big sellers because they just work, unlike PCs where they have issues with graphics drivers, games being unoptimized  etc. 

Oh, and also being able to just plug and play. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I'm pretty sure my amd 900e from 2009 and my 6870 from 2010 could play games at better settings than the xbone. I could play d3 with Max gfx at 1080p. I only upgraded because sc2 eats cpus. An xbone or ps4 would melt of it tried to play sc2.

If I still had it around I would try some games like assassin's Creed and see if it could compete with a console. It probably could.

Either way that's not the point. Consoles that try to act like pcs are hilariously outmatched. I marveled at my buddy playing halo and other console games because the jaggies didn't bother him. To me, spoiled by pc gaming, it looked like ffvii.

Double either way, it's not a competition. The American mindset of one of them has to be the best is ridiculous. Consoles and pcs can coexist. If you like consoles, play on consoles, if you like pc, play on pc, if you like Nintendo, play on Nintendo. Play on all of them. We're all gamers. But for God's sake, don't gamble all your money away on mobile games.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers