Consoles Remain King?!

Jerakl

Oh joy an idiot. :)

Allow me to spell it out for you:

1. A good pc that will last for 2-3 year playing modern games wil cost around $1000 NEW.

2. Yes a $500 pc will beat a $500 console TODAY. Call me in 8 years and lets see how it compares the the XB1 then. You forget that PC games are far less optimized for their hardware than a console that has been in the market for a few years. Just look at Halo 4 on the 360.

3. Ummmm im talking about real consoles. Don't get me wrong I love the Wii U but it doesn't really compare the the things I'm talking about.

4. Thats your choice.

To conclude you missed the point of my post. People who play on console exclusively  aren't going to care and certainly aren't going to build a pc.

Cool story, when this website showed that basically a GTX 460 can surpass the Xbox One and a 480 can surpass the PS4, even on a horribly optimized game like Watch Dogs. That was a middle end very affordable GPU in 2010. They were 100 bucks on Black Friday in 2011. I remember linking deals to the MSI Frozr models to people on the SWTOR forums. 

8 years? AMD has said  this generation will be short. MS has already put out a hiring add for new hardware. This console generation will be lucky to last 5.

You want a GTX 460 to last 8 more years? Good luck with that. The Xbox One can't even play Diablo 3 at 1080p....

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Thanks. Have never laughed so hard. I suggest tweeting this to Linus and Slick.

confirmed: deathjester has never played PC games.

Watchdogs wasn't optimized for the #nextgen consoles either. And it was a phenomenal port compared to some other games, have you never played games?

Yeah  don't think you understand. These consoles are new and the developers don't have experience with the new hardware. They need time to squeeze all the power they can from the hardware. Which they REALLY need to do considering the piss poor hardware in the consoles.

Cool story, when this website showed that basically a GTX 460 can surpass the Xbox One and a 480 can surpass the PS4, even on a horribly optimized game like Watch Dogs. That was a middle end very affordable GPU in 2010. They were 100 bucks on Black Friday in 2011. I remember linking deals to the MSI Frozr models to people on the SWTOR forums. 

8 years? AMD has said  this generation will be short. MS has already put out a hiring add for new hardware. This console generation will be lucky to last 5.

You want a GTX 460 to last 8 more years? Good luck with that. The Xbox One can't even play Diablo 3 at 1080p....

Ok you missed my point entirely. I'm not saying the consoles are better i'm saying that they are good at what they do. 

confirmed: deathjester has never played PC games.

Confirmed you called Watch Dogs a phenomenal port. Who do you think you are kidding here?

Yeah  don't think you understand. These consoles are new and the developers don't have experience with the new hardware. They need time to squeeze all the power they can from the hardware. Which they REALLY need to do considering the piss poor hardware in the consoles.

They don't have experience with X86 CPU's and AMD 7000 series SEMI-custom and NOT custom GPU's? Any more myths you want to sell here? The beta of Destiny on Xbox One isn't even at 1080p...

In fact Bungie has backtracked and said they are "aiming for 1080p on all platforms".  Hell they might get 1080p but they might not  even be able to manage FXAA that is on the PS4.  Last gen was Power PC architecture. Again you people want to compare apples to oranges. MS has said ports will be damn near native when DirectX 12 comes between PC/Xbox One. The only advantage consoles had is a low level API which PC's are getting.

That helps CPU. If you are on like an I5 k? You don't even need a low level API for these games. Computer exclusives that are much more advanced will benefit. 

There is no miracle cure coming to consoles. They are BAD PC's. They already have the only cure you can give them. A low level API. BTW if you are going to call people an "idiot"? Have some clue what you are talking about technically. Correcting you is like talking to a little kid at Toys R' Us whose mom just bought him a console. This is a tech forum. When you don't know what you are talking about? You are going to get exposed, and you shouldn't be calling people idiots. Remember that for the future. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Next gen are pc's just bad ones. So you can be a x86 PC and be a console but a PC can't be a console? The entire article is fanboy idiocy with numbers he doesn't understand. I have seen better fanboy rants on IGN....

Btw the only console I have ever bout is a N64 and i'm currently building this. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r6Fyt6

Btw the only console I have ever bout is a N64 and i'm currently building this. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r6Fyt6

N64 was a good console. I had one. It also wasn't a x86 PC that played PC games badly. :)

Things have changed. Also have fun building the PC. 

Confirmed you called Watch Dogs a phenomenal port. Who do you think you are kidding here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b43ZlqPvBDs

They don't have experience with X86 CPU's and AMD 7000 series SEMI-custom and NOT custom GPU's? Any more myths you want to sell here? The beta of Destiny on Xbox One isn't even at 1080p...

In fact Bungie has backtracked and said they are "aiming for 1080p on all platforms".  Hell they might get 1080p but they might not  even be able to manage FXAA that is on the PS4.  Last gen was Power PC architecture. Again you people want to compare apples to oranges. MS has said ports will be damn near native when DirectX 12 comes between PC/Xbox One. The only advantage consoles had is a low level API which PC's are getting.

That helps CPU. If you are on like an I5 k? You don't even need a low level API for these games. Computer exclusives that are much more advanced will benefit. 

There is no miracle cure coming to consoles. They are BAD PC's. They already have the only cure you can give them. A low level API. BTW if you are going to call people an "idiot"? Have some clue what you are talking about technically. Correcting you is like talking to a little kid at Toys R' Us whose mom just bought him a console. This is a tech forum. When you don't know what you are talking about? You are going to get exposed, and you shouldn't be calling people idiots. Remember that for the future. 

First off Watch Dogs was a phenomenal port with and only with the mod which I believe is no longer supported with the new update. I could be wrong so don't hold me to this. So we agree on this at lwast. :)

Let me clarify what i'm say for I don't think I was very clear in my last few posts. PC is far and above superior to consoles in almost every way but consoles do have there benifites (in saying this i'm not refering ONLY to the "next gen"). Consoles have their benefits though. Just watch this:

N64 was a good console. I had one. It also wasn't a x86 PC that played PC games badly. :)

Things have changed. Also have fun building the PC. 

Oh believe me I will. :)

I don't like the XB1 because it isn't truly next gen. But the last gen console performed well right up until their deaths. :)

First off Watch Dogs was a phenomenal port with and only with the mod which I believe is no longer supported with the new update. I could be wrong so don't hold me to this. So we agree on this at lwast. :)

Let me clarify what i'm say for I don't think I was very clear in my last few posts. PC is far and above superior to consoles in almost every way but consoles do have there benifites (in saying this i'm not refering ONLY to the "next gen"). Consoles have their benefits though. Just watch this:

Phenomenal ports do not run mediocre on a Intel hexa 6 core 12 thread chip, when they run stable on a 6 core (SDK locks 2 cores to the OS on a next gen console) AMD mobile chip at 1.6-1.7 ghz and that speed is slower than a AMD desktop CPU clock for clock.

Low level API's help. They don't help THAT much or anywhere even close to that. The port was simply horrible. 

Take the 6 cores on a hexa vs the 6 cores on that AMD console chip and the difference is laughable. They get blown away clock for clock and are running at 1/3rd the speed on OC Hexa's. You have to be on drugs or selling something to call the port phenomenal like Ras did. It may be the most ridiculous statement ever uttered on this forum. 

Phenomenal ports do not run mediocre on a Intel hexa 6 core 12 thread chip, when they run stable on a 6 core (SDK locks 2 cores to the OS on a next gen console) AMD mobile chip at 1.6-1.7 ghz and that speed is slower than a AMD desktop CPU clock for clock.

Low level API's help. They don't help THAT much or anywhere even close to that. The port was simply horrible. 

Take the 6 cores on a hexa vs the 6 cores on that AMD console chip and the difference is laughable. They get blown away clock for clock and are running at 1/3rd the speed on OC Hexa's. You have to be on drugs or selling something to call the port phenomenal like Ras did. It may be the most ridiculous statement ever uttered on this forum. 

Are you attacking me for saying it was a bad port or am I missing something?

Are you attacking me for saying it was a bad port or am I missing something?

No I am laughing at Ras. 

Anyways have fun on the new computer. :)

Hopefully Ubisoft learned their lesson and Farcry isn't doing god knows what as far as CPU utilization. I think they had to TRY to get cpu utilization that bad. 

No I am laughing at Ras. 

Anyways have fun on the new computer. :)

Hopefully Ubisoft learned their lesson and Farcry isn't doing god knows what as far as CPU utilization. I think they had to TRY to get cpu utilization that bad. 

Thanks and I never thought I would hate a Ubi as much as I hate EA.

Well of course some execs will argue this, it's the first point on the list:

LocnessDesignsdotcom.jpg

hor hor hor hor  :D

Indoctrination Theory should be between Bargaining and depression.  ;)

Why that board?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Why that board?

Because I want a high end ROG board. Why?

much stupid 

so elitism

very fanboy

wow!

On a serious note, the logic that some people use to prove the PC platform will "murder consoles", simply makes me vomit. You CAN build a better spec'ed PC, Einstein! However, most people want a PEACE OF MIND when gaming, and that remains a key thing that the consoles are good at.

Not everybody is like you; there is a difference between us and the "average joe". If you try to teach them about PC gaming, you will blow their minds, but not in a good way. If you try to set up a PC for them, you will get quickly harassed because of petty settings misconfigurations. They will not bother installing updates unless Windows (or god forbid, Linux) tells them to. You lecture them about net safety, they still get their PCs loaded with viruses within 2 weeks. Should I go on?

You can build a better PC under $500? lolwut? Are you actually this shallow-minded? There is A LOT more to computing that raw specification numbers. If it was that simple, then the iMacs would not have sold anything at all, where their specs makes them an absolute rip off, by your logic. Why are those Apple devices lower spec than your baus PC? Because OSX is more resource efficient than Windows, Linux, and even a Hackintosh. And guess what, THE SAME APPLIES TO CONSOLES!! Even a Mac has more overhead to deal with than a PS4, because Orbis is a real-time operating system (FYI its more than a collection of pretty buttons, that is just a GUI), where OSX is not.

And another thing, the X86 platform does NOT make the "Next Gen" ( can we stop calling it that now?) consoles "basically PCs". Again, there is more to the hardware than most people are willing to acknowledge. There is still a crapton of proprietary components and wiring, if you know where to look.

PCs are superior to consoles in overall performance; everybody and their dog knows this already.

But as many people here already said, consoles are very good systems ON THEIR OWN MERITS!

/rant

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Let us not hate on our Console Gaming brothers.

Our kind is a magnanimous one and is not threatened by lesser machines.

There is room on this Earth for all !

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Let us not hate on our Console Gaming brothers.

Our kind is a magnanimous one and is not threatened by lesser machines.

There is room on this Earth for all !

Exclusives need to die in a fire or they will just be emulated. The latter will most likely happen this year.

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/ps4-and-xbox-one-emulators-could-arrive-as-early-as-next-year/

http://slashdot.org/topic/cloud/the-quest-to-build-xbox-one-and-ps4-emulators/

"In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, we’ll soon be getting to a point where the difference between the two won’t really mean anything,"

FAIL w
e are at least 10-20 Years away from this point.
Last time I checked we weren't playing real time CGI games that look like Transformers in 8K with 144Fps...
The difference between CGI and todays games is like the difference between pong and Crysis 3.

RTX2070OC 

>Compared to other games.

Also, being a good port is more than being optimized.

If he had made logical arguments it would have been fine. But all the arguments he made smell of someone trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes. Especially the part about the cost of graphics cards. 

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

"A single graphics card can cost up to 3000$"

That really pisses me off when people write shit like that, it shows 1. they don't know a single thing about the card other than the bullshit spouted at press release and the $3000 price tag, and 2. they probably play on console.

I bet if they said, "graphics card prices can vary from $150 (750ti) to (realistically) $1600 (295 x2) with AN option potentially reaching $3000", it would be a lot more appealing

One of the problems with many consolers is that they're largely misinformed by articles such as this, and undoubtedly, they already have a firm mindset about console being better and cheaper than pc, and articles like this simply serve to reinforce their mindset.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

much stupid 

so elitism

very fanboy

wow!

On a serious note, the logic that some people use to prove the PC platform will "murder consoles", simply makes me vomit. You CAN build a better spec'ed PC, Einstein! However, most people want a PEACE OF MIND when gaming, and that remains a key thing that the consoles are good at.

Not everybody is like you; there is a difference between us and the "average joe". If you try to teach them about PC gaming, you will blow their minds, but not in a good way. If you try to set up a PC for them, you will get quickly harassed because of petty settings misconfigurations. They will not bother installing updates unless Windows (or god forbid, Linux) tells them to. You lecture them about net safety, they still get their PCs loaded with viruses within 2 weeks. Should I go on?

You can build a better PC under $500? lolwut? Are you actually this shallow-minded? There is A LOT more to computing that raw specification numbers. If it was that simple, then the iMacs would not have sold anything at all, where their specs makes them an absolute rip off, by your logic. Why are those Apple devices lower spec than your baus PC? Because OSX is more resource efficient than Windows, Linux, and even a Hackintosh. And guess what, THE SAME APPLIES TO CONSOLES!! Even a Mac has more overhead to deal with than a PS4, because Orbis is a real-time operating system (FYI its more than a collection of pretty buttons, that is just a GUI), where OSX is not.

And another thing, the X86 platform does NOT make the "Next Gen" ( can we stop calling it that now?) consoles "basically PCs". Again, there is more to the hardware than most people are willing to acknowledge. There is still a crapton of proprietary components and wiring, if you know where to look.

PCs are superior to consoles in overall performance; everybody and their dog knows this already.

Buy as many people here already said, consoles are very good systems ON THEIR OWN MERITS!

/rant

When I make those arguments I'm not targeting people who have no tehnical ability, but the people who claim consoles are the best in terms of value for money and so on. Which they're clearly not. Your whole rant is just bringing up insults at people who make certain arguments, and then failing to refute those arguments. Try again.

Consoles aren't that great considering a lot of their games cant manage 1080P 60FPS.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.