Depression

TeKNiQue

What to do when your psychiatrist has given you the maximum dose of two medicines, against depression and compulsion, that you have used for well over 10 weeks, but still haven't had a profound effect?

You see, my depression almost vanished completely once I got medicine, but now it's back again. It's not as bad as it used to be, but still, I cried myself to sleep for 30 minutes yesterday. What the hell is there to solve this problem? Or am I going to be forced to live like this for the rest of my life? Stuff that could make me momentarily happy: Getting my new guitar in a week, mines been broken for a while. Playing some new games that I haven't played yet, that's it. I don't know.

I just don't know.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Have you tried therapy? It has helped me. Also. Excersise. It really helps

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Have you tried therapy? It has helped me. Also. Excersise. It really helps

Yes I have tried therapy for about a year. I'm way to lazy to ever exercise. But I guess I could try.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

It doesn't necessarily go away, but it can be controlled or even used to your advantage.

Exercise is a great way to focus. Or Having something you are passionate about to focus on and channel is great to have - if you're getting a new guitar, try putting effort into songwriting or composing.

Having someone to just hide in bed with is great too - or even someone you can always talk too/at, even if they don't understand. If that options not available, therapy is a good way to go.

What to do when your psychiatrist has given you the maximum dose of two medicines, against depression and compulsion, that you have used for well over 10 weeks, but still haven't had a profound effect?

You see, my depression almost vanished completely once I got medicine, but now it's back again. It's not as bad as it used to be, but still, I cried myself to sleep for 30 minutes yesterday. What the hell is there to solve this problem? Or am I going to be forced to live like this for the rest of my life? Stuff that could make me momentarily happy: Getting my new guitar in a week, mines been broken for a while. Playing some new games that I haven't played yet, that's it. I don't know.

I just don't know.

Well

What gets you down? I always feel these things should be addressed head on, and you have to admit them to yourself or you will not get over them

Is there anything specific that gets you depressed? Looks, weight, lack of friends, parents, relationships, hobbies, school, work, money

If you are honest to yourself, and admit what your problem is, then you can go forward working out how to change it. You can do anything you want with your life

I had been depsressed for a while about my weight, now I cycle 6-8 miles every night after work and I am slowly working my way forwards. I feel better, I am much happier. I also hated my job, so I quite and got a new career, so much less stress and I earn more money

Thins CAN be changed. how old are you OP

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I just don't know.

Terrible to hear. I have a close friend with a similar condition. Music helps some people a lot. Also exercise... Talk about it if that helps (of course if it doesn't then don't). What is the nature of your compulsions (of course only if you're willing to talk about it)?

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Smoking some dope might help, i tried it before and it made me happy.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Gym, Gym, Gym, Gym, Gym, Gym, Gym, Gym

have u tried different meds? There are like a million different onse and people change over time so a med that worked 6 months ago might not work now.

my ex struggled hence how i know this but her being a girl she didnt go to the gym lol but u are a guy i think so Gym!!!

I wouldn't ask strangers on a tech forum for advice. 

I just don't know.

What you are feeling is very normal. I have been on anti depressant(VERY small dose now. Almost nothing) in 8-9 years. It gives you are higher baseline so to speak. You won't get as down as before but also not as "high" as before. You might feel a lot of nothing. But medication won't solve you depression in a million years. You have to work on the depression part. Medication only gives you the time and ability to do that.

Yes I have tried therapy for about a year. I'm way to lazy to ever exercise. But I guess I could try.

Well, tough shit. Only way to get better is sunlight(LOTS OF IT), exercise and therapy.

have u tried different meds? There are like a million different onse and people change over time so a med that worked 6 months ago might not work now.

my ex struggled hence how i know this but her being a girl she didnt go to the gym lol but u are a guy i think so Gym!!!

NO! never, ever change meds without a doctor. And when you do change, you have to do it insanely slowly. What you are suggesting will lead to a huge risk of suicide.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I just don't know.

Look deep inside and be honest with yourself and you will know the problems that are making you depressed.  As for finding answers to your mental health issues I wish you luck. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I am also suffering from depression but it is way more severe than your.

See my full post : http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/i-am-completely-f888ed-1106338/#post1074011066

I am there with you in regards to social anxiety issues.  Teasing/bullying is what made me who I am.  It formed a very fearful, overly anxious adult in certain situations and I am suffering still to this day at the age of 41.  I wish you luck with the issues you are having.

There is an off topic area for a reason.

Off Topic is not an excuse to post anything and everything that isn't tech related.

Being busy helps me, if I have a bunch of responsibilities I don't have time to be depressed.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

NO! never, ever change meds without a doctor. And when you do change, you have to do it insanely slowly. What you are suggesting will lead to a huge risk of suicide.

No shit i was saying ask his doctor and no it does not it takes like 2 weeks to ease them off i with someone for a long time that actually has this i would go to the doctors with her....

Yes I should go to the gym. I've tried three different meds that my doctor game me. One for anxiety, one for depession and one for compulsion

I wouldn't ask strangers on a tech forum for advice. 

Tbh this is the best online community I know and I think that many members feel this way too. We don't really have problems like trolls and insensitive idiots around here. If he feels comfortable here, then I don't see a problem...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Yes I should go to the gym. I've tried three different meds that my doctor game me. One for anxiety, one for depession and one for compulsion

In regards to the recommendation of going to the gym eventually that gets old.  Exercise is good for you but it is not a cure for mental illness or anything.  Heck I can walk miles and miles at a very fast pace and still go home and not sleep at all properly because of depression, anxiety or whatever.  I am not saying don't go to the gym as yes it is good for you in some ways but ..

Yea u live in sweden do u know how lucky you are the girls are soo hot and sound so cute when they speak english u should hit the gym get looking good and get a nice girl i would kill to have a gf from sweden :)

I am also suffering from depression but it is way more severe than your.

See my full post : http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/i-am-completely-f888ed-1106338/#post1074011066

well sorry to hear, I'm glad my depression isn't as bad as yours. 

It has been worse though a few months ago, I felt suicidal a lot of the time and didn't care about ANYTHING.

Yea u live in sweden do u know how lucky you are the girls are soo hot and sound so cute when they speak english u should hit the gym get looking good and get a nice girl i would kill to have a gf from sweden :)

Yeaaaahh that's cool man I should do that !!! Sweden girls ftw!!  :D

Sun + Excercise - > you get both at once anyway

Diet - > omega 3 and b12 . If you eat meat, you get enough b12. for omega, get flax seeds or even better - capsulated omega 3 made from fish

what pills you get, flouride ones? :P pills are not cure. 

also, maybe this will help you, it helps me relax :) ASMR binaural

Ride a horse<3

In all seriousness if you want to talk more privately you can always pm me

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015