Depression

TeKNiQue

You might need to mention this to your doctor or perhaps even get a second opinion if that's possible. And I honestly do not believe just therapy would work, it doesn't sounds like you're just having a rough patch because of a major event which leads me to believe that it's just unfortunate brain chemistry wreaking havoc in you.

Other than that there's honestly no easy answers here, a change of scenery or a new circle of friends or new interest might help but you might not be motivated enough to do that just yet, it sucks I've been there constantly and it's even worst than there's just no good advice that we can give you but I hope venting out here at least helped a bit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yea u live in sweden do u know how lucky you are the girls are soo hot and sound so cute when they speak english u should hit the gym get looking good and get a nice girl i would kill to have a gf from sweden :)

so true.

welcome-to-sweden-meme.jpgnot to mention swede living standard is above average, or maybe even top in europe. people are moving there. its mostly secular country, very civilized not much crime wages are good goverment cares for ppl and economy.

You might need to mention this to your doctor or perhaps even get a second opinion if that's possible. And I honestly do not believe just therapy would work, it doesn't sounds like you're just having a rough patch because of a major event which leads me to believe that it's just unfortunate brain chemistry wreaking havoc in you.

Other than that there's honestly no easy answers here, a change of scenery or a new circle of friends or new interest might help but you might not be motivated enough to do that just yet, it sucks I've been there constantly and it's even worst than there's just no good advice that we can give you but I hope venting out here at least helped a bit.

Yeah last time I talked to my doctor, I told her that I was feeling good, because I was at that time. 

A new circle of friends would be amazing. I only have two friends, one that I'n not even sure about what's going on. I would love to have more friends, but I can't really get any. I'm starting "Gymnasiet" (10th grade, high school (?)) after the summer so I MIGHT get friends there. Because of my aspergers, it's really hard for me to gain new friends.

Still, even if I got more friends, my problem that is the root of my depression would still be there, so I guess this is just a method of improving life to hide and suppress my problems.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

so true.

welcome-to-sweden-meme.jpgnot to mention swede living standard is above average, or maybe even top in europe. people are moving there. its mostly secular country, very civilized not much crime wages are good goverment cares for ppl and economy.

Oh am I glad to be a Swede, so proud of it, Sweden truly is one of the best countries in the world in my opinion.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Yeah last time I talked to my doctor, I told her that I was feeling good, because I was at that time. 

A new circle of friends would be amazing. I only have two friends, one that I'n not even sure about what's going on. I would love to have more friends, but I can't really get any. I'm starting "Gymnasiet" (10th grade, high school (?)) after the summer so I MIGHT get friends there. Because of my aspergers, it's really hard for me to gain new friends.

Still, even if I got more friends, my problem that is the root of my depression would still be there, so I guess this is just a method of improving life to hide and suppress my problems.

That is true I used to be very socially active to try to keep depression at bay but I ended up meeting far too many people wanting to just take advantage of me asking me for money and stuff as well as being quite self destructive drinking for hours, missing work cause of it, etc. So yeah I had a lot of "friends" and people that liked how I was such a good time party guy but I felt just as bad.

In any case, you should call your doctor, make and appointment and mention all this: they are prepared to deal with built up tolerance to drugs and other side effects but you have to tell them and visit while you're not feeling ok not just going when you're scheduled for your next appointment.

-------

Current Rig

-------

As a fellow scandinavian, I would again like to point out that sunlight is very important.

We live in utter darkness for most of the time and ou really have to make an effort to get out when the sun is out.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

As a fellow scandinavian, I would again like to point out that sunlight is very important.

We live in utter darkness for most of the time and ou really have to make an effort to get out when the sun is out.

I know, it's just that I really don't know what to do outside. It's also way too hot outside :unsure:

I know, it's just that I really don't know what to do outside. It's also way too hot outside :unsure:

Awwww come on man, thats just a weak excuse. You will be getting your guitar back, go outside, sit in a park and play. Take a walk. I like to put on a great audio book and walk for 2-3 hours. 

too hot outside = Girls in short shorts = DEPRESSION GONE!

Get on that horse and get some fast food.

hckgHBK1C.jpg

UqpDzns84.jpg

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Awwww come on man, thats just a weak excuse. You will be getting your guitar back, go outside, sit in a park and play. Take a walk. I like to put on a great audio book and walk for 2-3 hours. 

too hot outside = Girls in short shorts = DEPRESSION GONE!

Get on that horse and get some fast food.

hckgHBK1C.jpg

UqpDzns84.jpg

hehe, you cheered me up, thanks man. You're right, I can play guitar outside ;)

hehe, you cheered me up, thanks man. You're right, I can play guitar outside ;)

No Problem man;-) Sometimes it only takes a smile to make shit just a tiny bit better

well, you are only one who listened to me. I don't get much attention on that site ;/

I don't want to be rude because I have lived with a mental illness for most of my life and my family has been hit pretty hard by mental illnesses but I just despise attitudes like that. Attention won't solve your problem man. It really won't. It feels nice to have people feel bad for you that that isn't going to solve your problem. You need to fight like you never fought before. Its a constant struggle but depression is not permanent and it is not without a cure. But you have to realize who holds the power.

I wouldn't ask strangers on a tech forum for advice. 

Never, EVER, tell someone they are wrong for reaching out or asking for help. Mental illness is extremely difficult to live with, and it's the pigheaded attitudes of people like yourself that keep people from asking for the help they need.

OP, I've suffered from a long list of different mental illnesses almost my entire life. It took over 30 years before even my own family was able to acknowledge and recognize that I was not in control. I personally have never found a combination of medication that has ever really helped me. To highlight that fact, I included a picture of the small pharmacy of medications that my psychiatrist currently has me taking. Yes, every single one of those pill bottles contains various medication to treat my different mental illnesses.

But I put up with it because I never want to have to suffer through being stuck in the mental hospital again. 3 times in my life I've been locked up, and it causes more harm than good for me. I know how much it sucks, but stick with it, because the alternative is much, much worse. Feel free to PM me if you want to have a more private discussion.

MJLMOod.jpg

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Never, EVER, tell someone they are wrong for reaching out or asking for help. Mental illness is extremely difficult to live with, and it's the pigheaded attitudes of people like yourself that keep people from asking for the help they need.

OP, I've suffered from a long list of different mental illnesses almost my entire life. It took over 30 years before even my own family was able to acknowledge and recognize that I was not in control. I personally have never found a combination of medication that has ever really helped me. To highlight that fact, I included a picture of the small pharmacy of medications that my psychiatrist currently has me taking. Yes, every single one of those pill bottles contains various medication to treat my different mental illnesses.

But I put up with it because I never want to have to suffer through being stuck in the mental hospital again. 3 times in my life I've been locked up, and it causes more harm than good for me. I know how much it sucks, but stick with it, because the alternative is much, much worse. Feel free to PM me if you want to have a more private discussion.

Completely agree. We have a huge problem with people taking mental illness seriously....also because it can be so difficult to treat.

Do you have a good doctor? doesn't sound like it with all those different medications.......Especially considering that some people just have awful reactions to certain drugs. I take a small dose of something called Seroquel and when my grandmother was prescribed it, she went batshit crazy for 3 months......

Have you changed doctors alot? I had a similar problem where they changed the doctors at the mental health place I was going and they ended up giving a ton of different diagnosis.

Medication is always just a stability tool to function and to help you make therapy work.

You last words ring very, very true. Being held in a mental hospital is beyond awful. :-(

I think its great that we are able to talk about it here.

Completely agree. We have a huge problem with people taking mental illness seriously....also because it can be so difficult to treat.

Do you have a good doctor? doesn't sound like it with all those different medications.......Especially considering that some people just have awful reactions to certain drugs. I take a small dose of something called Seroquel and when my grandmother was prescribed it, she went batshit crazy for 3 months......

Have you changed doctors alot? I had a similar problem where they changed the doctors at the mental health place I was going and they ended up giving a ton of different diagnosis.

Medication is always just a stability tool to function and to help you make therapy work.

You last words ring very, very true. Being held in a mental hospital is beyond awful. :-(

I think its great that we are able to talk about it here.

No, I don't have a good doctor, but I've only been with her since April, so I don't really want to give up and switch just yet. One of the many things I suffer from is bi-polar, which means I alternate between manic happy phases and low depression phases. I haven't been good about sticking with my treatment over the years. I'll go through a depression phase, and either seek help or hurt myself and be forced to get help. But I eventually swing back to a manic happy phase and stop taking my medication and stop going through counseling.

I crashed through a low phase about a year ago, and was stuck with shitty state run care until a few months ago. My coverage now is through a state run insurance program, so it's not much better. I don't respond well to medications in general and for some of them I am metabolizing the dosage so fast that it's not building up in my system like it's supposed to. So my doctor is trying to find a combination that works.

The reason why I'm on so medications at once is because when she switches from one medication to another, she can't just tell me to stop taking the old one. I have to be slowly weaned off the dosage so I don't have a snap reaction to stopping the medication all at once.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I wouldn't ask strangers on a tech forum for advice. 

Haha everyones already ripping on you for saying that. To be honest thought there have been numerous times we've gotten splendid advice given on topics such as this one. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

No, I don't have a good doctor, but I've only been with her since April, so I don't really want to give up and switch just yet. One of the many things I suffer from is bi-polar, which means I alternate between manic happy phases and low depression phases. I haven't been good about sticking with my treatment over the years. I'll go through a depression phase, and either seek help or hurt myself and be forced to get help. But I eventually swing back to a manic happy phase and stop taking my medication and stop going through counseling.

I crashed through a low phase about a year ago, and was stuck with shitty state run care until a few months ago. My coverage now is through a state run insurance program, so it's not much better. I don't respond well to medications in general and for some of them I am metabolizing the dosage so fast that it's not building up in my system like it's supposed to. So my doctor is trying to find a combination that works.

The reason why I'm on so medications at once is because when she switches from one medication to another, she can't just tell me to stop taking the old one. I have to be slowly weaned off the dosage so I don't have a snap reaction to stopping the medication all at once.

Im quite familiar with bipolar. My grandmother has been suffering for 40+ years now. Absolutely terrible disease that has taken a big toll on the family. Hers a quite weird. you can literally set the clock to her disease even though the doctors don't understand it. She is depressed(REALLY REALLY depressed...never seen anything like it) to 6-7 weeksn and then she is manic for 6-7 weeks.

I would imagine that this is far easier to manage than normal bipolar where you never really know where you are.

"But I eventually swing back to a manic happy phase and stop taking my medication and stop going through counseling." That is the classic with people like us.

Well, it sounds like your doc is trying her best. it is really difficult to know exactly what to do as a doc since its really trial and error. We don't really know why some medications have so different values.

I really feel for you man. Very tough disease but I think its great that you have the awareness that you simply need to put up with all the fucked up things of being in treatment because the alternative is just not acceptable.

MJLMOod.jpg

All the respect to you man