Drive or Fly

WinNut

I like to fly, I don't like to sit still for more than 4-5 hrs in a car, and gas is ridiculous priced in denmark.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Flying is so much better. Can't wait to get my PPL.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I would drive, but when I get my license, I don't know how far I would be allowed to drive. Probably not a good idea to drive cross country when you're 16.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Assuming we can solve the inherit dangers of flying, particularly landings and take off on some cities (My city is pretty shitty and outdated, most of it it's still has all the cabling on poles around the street and only extremely new (read: extremely far away from downtown) neighborhoods are starting to run underground cabling.) Even for short distances the fact that you can well, fly in a straight line without most obstacles would make most commutes trivial.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Assuming we can solve the inherit dangers of flying, particularly landings and take off on some cities (My city is pretty shitty and outdated, most of it it's still has all the cabling on poles around the street and only extremely new (read: extremely far away from downtown) neighborhoods are starting to run underground cabling.) Even for short distances the fact that you can well, fly in a straight line without most obstacles would make most commutes trivial.

Then don't fly.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Drive. I'm in control. I can go at whatever pace I want, take any route I want, eat what I want, listen to music as loudly as I want and stop whenever I feel like it. Also I'm not good with people in cramped places. So it's a no brainer really.

Then don't fly.

Perhaps I should have explained this: I was talking about a hypothetical flying car.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Drive. I'm in control. I can go at whatever pace I want, take any route I want, eat what I want, listen to music as loudly as I want and stop whenever I feel like it. Also I'm not good with people in cramped places. So it's a no brainer really.

Claustrophobia? Yeah, I get you.

Perhaps I should have explained this: I was talking about a hypothetical flying car.

OK then....

As a person that only has been as a passenger in a car (or bus alternatively) and only flown in a 2 seated small plane (obviously as a passenger, otherwise I'd be dead), I'd say driving. There's just so much more to see. Too bad gas prices are insane, same goes for buying even 15 years old cars. One more year until I can legally get a driver's licence, but I most likely won't get one until I'm 20.

How is it like to fly in a commercial airliner or riding a train? Never gotten a change for either because I'm just too damn poor.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

As a person that only has been as a passenger in a car (or bus alternatively) and only flown in a 2 seated small plane (obviously as a passenger, otherwise I'd be dead), I'd say driving. There's just so much more to see. Too bad gas prices are insane, same goes for even 15 years old cars. One more year until I can legally get a driver's licence, but I most likely won't get one until I'm 20.

How is it like to fly in a commercial airliner or riding a train? Never gotten a change for either because I'm just too damn poor.

Good luck trying to survive a commercial airliner. After what's heard in the news about MH17, there's no chance of survival in a plane crash. Plus, economy class is cramped, bad food, and uncomfortable.

Good luck trying to survive a commercial airliner. After what's heard in the news about MH17, there's no chance of survival in a plane crash. Plus, economy class is cramped, bad food, and uncomfortable.

Can you bring your own food? Say for example emergency food rations?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Can you bring your own food? Say for example emergency food rations?

Nope. But I try to hide it.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't try to ship a computer cross the world via freight airline without major packing . I sent one over to Japan, totally destroyed when it got there.

Claustrophobia? Yeah, I get you.

It's more of a general aversion to people. But that too.

Nope. But I try to hide it.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't try to ship a computer cross the world via freight airline without major packing . I sent one over to Japan, totally destroyed when it got there.

Well... I guess I'll be travelling by bus (which is expensive too: to the municipality I go to High school in, it costs 9,40€ to go there with an express bus, 6,10€ with a standard bus. Note that the distance is only 21 kilometers) or on-foot with a backpack full of food and water, and maybe carry a sleeping bag.

I do enjoy driving, but boy it gets tedious. Even driving from Slovenia to Dortmund was tedious, and it was just over 1000 km...

I would much rather fly, TYVM. Not to mention I love flying and aircraft in general. 

Check out this beauty: Airbus A330 neo

hmxvxemuw85azpdrqnsu.jpg

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I hate flying because of the other passengers aboard, there's always that woman talking really loudly, that guy next to you who's snoring really loud and drooling, and the crying baby.

I never stay in a car more than 2.5 hours, in America every interstate has a rest stop where you can get out, walk the dog, use the restroom, buy some drinks, and get tourist information. And it's all perfectly safe.

I would drive to South America from NY but by the time I get past Mexico I'd probably be mugged, shot, or murdered.

I get bored in my car... The biggest trip I've made by car was 6 hours, and I didn't see much. Portugal's highways are boring, you either see crop-fields, forest or random houses. Flying to the same location would have taken less than an hour so... Flying.

+1 Portugal Highways Sucks...

+1 Portugal Highways Sucks...

Only way to survive a trip from the North to Algarve is to sleep, period. Unless you're travelling with friends, then it's fun.

i'm a potato

Plus, economy class is cramped, bad food, and uncomfortable.

It's not that bad... until you fly business class....

Once you go business you'd rather save your pennys one more year to go in business rather than economy

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Only way to survive a trip from the North to Algarve is to sleep, period. Unless you're travelling with friends, then it's fun.

Hell , Never been to Algarve LOL but then i go to Lisbon to Porto i would prefer getting killed over then driving 3 hours into trees

Driving is awesome. You can see lots of awesome things especially when you're driving thru different countries.

The only thing that always pisses me off as a german is when there's a permanent speed limit on a highway.

Yeah, but probably less restrictive than the US. Here in California, the speed limit is 55 on the freeway, but people are going like 80 or even 90 MPH.

Hell , Never been to Algarve LOL but then i go to Lisbon to Porto i would prefer getting killed over then driving 3 hours into trees

LOL! Yes!

i'm a potato

If it was frequent I'd probably fly... for a once off I'd drive.

Any excuse for a good road trip.