Drive or Fly

WinNut

Would you rather drive a car to a destination (such as NYC -> Miami) or would you rather fly?

I would personally drive, did it 3 times from NY to Florida and about 10 times from NYC to Toronto, 1 time to Quebec City, Montreal, and back, and the one time we didn't drive to Florida we drove to D.C. and took a flight. I personally hate planes, sitting there doing nothing and being served food that tastes bland, plus there is nothing to see but clouds out the window. Driving is fun, you see the weirdest things plus the fun of counting down the miles.

Vote above!

NOTE: Driving applies to drivable places only, not like driving from New York to Korea. This poll only pertains to places accessible by cars.

Depends if other people are traveling with me. Roadtrips >

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

i like to drive to places, me my dad and rest of family drove through Saudi arabia and jordan + syria till we made it to egypt

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

I am currently on my way driving from Orlando FL to Near Hartford CT, the trip is around 16 hrs and 40 mins, =and i am about to ariive in 17 hours total. I love driving

Drive. Hands down.

I absolutely despise flying. (Unless i am the one holding the controls)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I am currently on my way driving from Orlando FL to Near Hartford CT, the trip is around 16 hrs and 40 mins, =and i am about to ariive in 17 hours total. I love driving

Did you enjoy the Fort McHenry tunnel and the Deleware Memorial Bridge? IMO the Northeast Corridor on I-95 is the worst, once you get into VA the road is nice.

I get bored in my car... The biggest trip I've made by car was 6 hours, and I didn't see much. Portugal's highways are boring, you either see crop-fields, forest or random houses. Flying to the same location would have taken less than an hour so... Flying.

i'm a potato

I would rather drive

Reasons:

1. Terrible lines at the airport

2. TSA, who inconvenience you for the lulz and steal your stuff

3. Cramped loud planes

4. Laughable cleanliness on aircraft

5. People

6. Awful food

7. Baggage handlers who give zero fucks about your stuff

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Driving. I'm scared of flying. Ever since 9/11, I have a feeling it's gonna get bombed. And look at Thursday's attack on MH17 in Ukraine. That sends chills up my spine.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I get bored in my car... The biggest trip I've made by car was 6 hours, and I didn't see much. Portugal's highways are boring, you either see crop-fields, forest or random houses. Flying to the same location would have taken less than an hour so... Flying.

America's roads are the best, you see all sorts of things. Plus I love cars and my dad's ML500 is awesome.

America's roads are the best, you see all sorts of things. Plus I love cars and my dad's ML500 is awesome.

Lucky. My dad's 2010 Corolla was totally cramped, even though it's bigger than my dad's 2002 Mazda Protege, which is super roomy.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Lucky. My dad's 2010 Corolla was totally cramped, even though it's bigger than my dad's 2002 Mazda Protege, which is super roomy.

Driving our 2009 Acura TSX would be highly unpleasant, it was so uncomfortable driving from NY to Philly, the front seat is fine but the back is cramped as hell. Imagine driving that for 2 days.

Our 04 ML500 is good except for the fact that very rarely the A/C won't start and it will blow hot air unless you shut off the HVAC system and turn it back on.

So much fun too, I stuck my head out the window and screamed at a trucker that his key was still in his door...so much wind at 75MPH. I saved his day, he would have lost the keys.

I enjoy driving now that I have my license, however here in Australia there are plenty of good reasons to fly. In the summer it's stinking hot so when you cram 5 people into a car it's not too pleasant. Also, once you've done some drives once, e.g. from Adelaide on the south coast to Alice Springs in the centre, it can be a bit boring to do again - most of the drive is through desert with not a lot to see. Did it once, it was an experience, but there'd need to be a big reason to prevent me from flying instead.

Some drives are quite enjoyable though, for example to our snowfields in Victoria - that drive goes through some pretty landscapes (and a lot more towns where you can stop, get something decent to eat or drink etc).

Driving our 2009 Acura TSX would be highly unpleasant, it was so uncomfortable driving from NY to Philly, the front seat is fine but the back is cramped as hell. Imagine driving that for 2 days.

Our 04 ML500 is good except for the fact that very rarely the A/C won't start and it will blow hot air unless you shut off the HVAC system and turn it back on.

The AC is usually a lot like that in most cars. But at least you have an Acura. My cars don't even have any luxuries, especially my minivan (no rear A/C, leather, cruise control, or even POWER WINDOWS).

The AC is usually a lot like that in most cars. But at least you have an Acura. My cars don't even have any luxuries, especially my minivan (no rear A/C, leather, cruise control, or even POWER WINDOWS).

There's a screen on the dashboard in the middle of the speedometer. The Acura doesn't have rear HVAC tho.

There's a screen on the dashboard in the middle of the speedometer. The Acura doesn't have rear HVAC tho.

What screen? I just try to redirect the HVAC vents to the back. The ones in the middle. Usually it's only my legs getting the cooling though.

I go through to Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide several times a year. I've done it so many times it just gets really old. There's nothing more to see really, so I would rather fly.

It takes 12 hours to go from my house to Adelaide, so I would much rather fly and do it in 4 hours including dealing with airports.

Drive, because I can smoke, I can listen to music, I can not listen to screaming children, not have my ears pop, be seated comfortably, have air conditioning etc....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Drive, because I can smoke, I can listen to music, I can not listen to screaming children, not have my ears pop, be seated comfortably, have air conditioning etc....

What if you climb mountains while driving?

ok if it was like the future and we had like...ya know flying cars that could do mmmm 200 mph so something and low flying over all of the trees and what not, totes would fly but it's not the future so murrr drive, sadly

What screen? I just try to redirect the HVAC vents to the back. The ones in the middle. Usually it's only my legs getting the cooling though.

A digital screen, it show the amount of miles on it and you can choose what else to show, it does alert you if a door is opened or if the car is due for an oil change.

Are mechanical gas pedals better than electronic ones? Our ML500 has a mechanical gas pedal, my dad likes pushing on the thing under the hood and the engine will rev up.