GTX 880 and 870 to release in November 2014

will it have ARM built-in for even better frame pacing or was it all just a rumor?

will it have dx12 compatibility  and HDMI 2.0?

will it have ARM built-in for even better frame pacing or was it all just a rumor?

will it have dx12 compatibility  and HDMI 2.0?

all GCN from AMD and 780+ cards from NV will get the DX12 update yes.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Everything... Everything happens during November... Everything supersedes my birthday...

you want a big hug buddy? maybe an icecream?

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

i'll probarly skip the 800 series to, my 680's are still doing a descend job

Some people are still rolling with 400 series GPUs. I think i might skip 800 as well.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Some people are still rolling with 400 series GPUs. I think i might skip 800 as well.

I'm attempting to roll with a 460v2 and well I can't wait to get back to using something 600 series or newer. I'll be replacing my 670 FTW sli with likely 880 sli. Pertaining a single 880 beats what I currently have.

Dude I totally agree. There isn't on single slot 750 or 750 to, WTF.

That's what supposed to happen every generation. The prices are basically set in stone and you get a better card for the same money.

YASSS im not the only one

Still haven't found one for sale, and why the hell can MSI and ASUS make those itx gpu's and not make a SINGLE SLOT. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY SINGLE SLOT GTX 760'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Project Restomod (In progress)

YASSS im not the only one

Still haven't found one for sale, and why the hell can MSI and ASUS make those itx gpu's and not make a SINGLE SLOT. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY SINGLE SLOT GTX 760'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thats a 750 Ti. There has been nothing on a single slot 760 but way back when 600 series was shown off there was a single slot 670 that was shown off but it was never produced.

Am I the only one just hoping they do some LED's like on the 780s, but on the lower end boards??

Lol it seems to be just me.

Edit: I have a gtx 660 so just about anything will be a performance boost lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wonderful.  Just in time for my Step-Up eligibility to expire...

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

will it have dx12 compatibility and HDMI 2.0?

all GCN from AMD and 780+ cards from NV will get the DX12 update yes.

Every single gpu from the 400 and later will have dx12 compatibility

28nm and not 20nm? Why even.... I don't even... should fucks even be given? meh, it's new stuff anyways, guess it warrants some form of "yay!".

Still hoping to see some 20nm 800-series, but I guess 28nm will just have to do for now.. but what happened to the previous announcement of "880 will be released 2015Q1"? Suddenly it's "nerfed version released 2014Q4".

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. Guess it'll all come down to performance in the end.

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

28nm and not 20nm? Why even.... I don't even... should fucks even be given? meh, it's new stuff anyways, guess it warrants some form of "yay!".

Still hoping to see some 20nm 800-series, but I guess 28nm will just have to do for now.. but what happened to the previous announcement of "880 will be released 2015Q1"? Suddenly it's "nerfed version released 2014Q4".

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. Guess it'll all come down to performance in the end.

Silent revision.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Let's hope we get huge performance boosts with this....-sigh-

Unfortunately I strongly doubt it :( they're already hitting absurd power consumptions with kepler 28nm, I don't think maxwell can be much better if they keep the same transistor size. It will probably be a rebrand from the 860 down, the 870 and 880 will probably come in in sobstitution of the 780 and 780ti as with the current pricing they are not very competitive compared to their amd rivals, hopefully bringing lower power consumption or slightly better performance.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Could be totally something else. Like a Shield tablet or whatever... 

Or possibly a gtx 790 :D with dual 780tis in it! You know, because the 295x2 has no competition at the moment...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Or possibly a gtx 790 :D with dual 780tis in it! You know, because the 295x2 has no competition at the moment...

That's the Titan-Z. They would completely cannibalize the market for their 3000$ card, which doesn't make any sense. I just really hope that the whole Titan line dies over the next 2 generations......

That's the Titan-Z. They would completely cannibalize the market for their 3000$ card, which doesn't make any sense. I just really hope that the whole Titan line dies over the next 2 generations......

not really, the titan z is not a gaming card but rather a computing card. Nobody in their right mind would buy a titan z over a 295x2 for gaming only. a 790 would not have the same computing capabilities, but it would have the same gaming power. If the price of it was competitive with the 295x2, they'd have a market and wouldn't influence titan z sales because they target different kinds of users.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Guys please... Not everyone has the latest and greatest, I'm using a shit laptop now and planning to buy a PC for Christmas and to be honest I want to buy something new not 18 months old hardware like the GTX770, you can show me price/performance numbers, FPS figures left and right I just don't really care about that stuff. Holiday season is a big deal everywhere so this is an obvious way of doing things from nVidia. 

not really, the titan z is not a gaming card but rather a computing card. Nobody in their right mind would buy a titan z over a 295x2 for gaming only. a 790 would not have the same computing capabilities, but it would have the same gaming power. If the price of it was competitive with the 295x2, they'd have a market and wouldn't influence titan z sales because they target different kinds of users.

They market it as "the ultimate gaming GPU" and the performance of a 790 with 2 fully unlocked GK110 GPUs would be the exact same for gaming. Yes, the titan-z has double precision enabled, but most cuda developers use quadro cards because of the support you get and the extremely high binning. Fact is there are people who seriously buy titan cards for gaming, which is stupid because that prevents us from getting stuff like a 6GB 780ti or a 790. People will pay a huge premium for the titan cards and just use them for gaming, and as long as they do that we'll be held back with certain vram and dual GPU configurations.

Guys please... Not everyone has the latest and greatest, I'm using a shit laptop now and planning to buy a PC for Christmas and to be honest I want to buy something new not 18 months old hardware like the GTX770, you can show me price/performance numbers, FPS figures left and right I just don't really care about that stuff. Holiday season is a big deal everywhere so this is an obvious way of doing things from nVidia. 

I absolutely don't see your point. Many people are not happy about being stuck with 28nm again, for a good reason. Refresh generations are always unpleasant. As for just buying a "new" card and ignoring performance: WTF? Also, GPUs are not really affected by the whole holiday season thing. Most people buy a new GPU or CPU or PSU or whatever because they need it or because they want to upgrade, the fact that it comes out before christmas makes basically no difference.

Should arrive in time for an upgrade. Yay. 

It'll definitely be better than the 560Ti I'm using now.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

What about 860? That's the only one I care about

They market it as "the ultimate gaming GPU" and the performance of a 790 with 2 fully unlocked GK110 GPUs would be the exact same for gaming. Yes, the titan-z has double precision enabled, but most cuda developers use quadro cards because of the support you get and the extremely high binning. Fact is there are people who seriously buy titan cards for gaming, which is stupid because that prevents us from getting stuff like a 6GB 780ti or a 790. People will pay a huge premium for the titan cards and just use them for gaming, and as long as they do that we'll be held back with certain vram and dual GPU configurations.

hm, maybe, I still think a 790 at half the price would still have a wider market than the titan z, but maybe the titan z is selling well enough that they don't need to make one.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This is Nvidia we are talking about... not a chance in hell.

they said this...will report l8r with a link

too lazy to find it

errr whut

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

If this is true, and they are cheaper and more powerful than the 700 series is. Oh my god.

I still think we will see same price, and about the same performance increase as usual.

0 improvements,same 28nm, i dont care...

Where do you get 0 improvements from?

And what about Cuda cores? None SAYS anything about CUda cores? Where is Cuda cores?

Cmon Nvidia! CUDA CORES!

Anyways When will the GTX 880 ti be released?

Probably 5-7 months after.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I still think we will see same price, and about the same performance increase as usual.

Where do you get 0 improvements from?

Probably 5-7 months after.

If ever... usually they dont launch high end Ti models. The 780 Ti was the first because they had to.