Cooler Master Glacer 240L -- Worth it?

Hey guys, this is my first post on here. I'm looking at building my first desktop, and I've been researching extensively to find the best equipment possible for my budget (~$1600). I want to overclock the cpu I'll be getting (i7-4790k), so I was looking into a really good water cooler to better dissipate the heat load when I came across the Cooler Master Glacer 240L review from Linus Tech Tips.

The reviews I have found from professional review sites such as this lovely community have all been glowing for this water cooler, but if you look on Newegg or other sites where you actually purchase this cooler, there are many complaints about failed rads, leaking, and several mentions of fires(!) that make me a bit hesitant in finalizing my decision.

Now, I always take Newegg (et al.) reviews with a massive grain of salt, because the people most likely to give awful reviews are really pissed off at the time they are writing them, but given that several individuals complained of the same issues (including fires), I'm a little concerned.

A secondary issue is that this product is not easy to find on Cooler Master's website -- it's only accessible on us.coolermaster.com -- on coolermaster.com, it is replaced by the Eisberg, which is just kind of weird.

The features of this cooling unit, such as the copper rad and the expandability make it highly appealing, but I'm a little concerned about these issues. Please let me know what you guys think of this cooler and the issues brought forth by many people.

*snip*

If you're getting a cooler master AIO, get the Nepton 280L. For 1 $1600 build the Noctua U14S or 212 EVO for cheaper is right up your alley.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.