Unpopular Opinions thread

felixthemaster1

Wait, sersiouly? Watch_Dogs isn't fun? AYFKM

Not when the entire time all I can hear is Ubi exec's laughing alongside console exec's

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yes

Thank you :) someone who agrees with me!

Hate dumb people.

You should be forced to do a psychological test to be allowed to have a child.

Minors should be prosecuted the same as adults.

Death sentence should be legal everywhere. (if you are a threat to other people you do not deserve to be among them or to be fed by them) 

Love broccoli.

Hate America. (not the people in general, just the country and it's politics)

Hate excuses. (be responsible and admit your mistakes for once)

Hate church as an institution. (not religion)

Hate false racism. (calling someone black is not racist but treating them differently because of it is)

Many more but I think it's best to stop here.  :D

Not when the entire time all I can hear is Ubi exec's laughing alongside console exec's

Sometimes, you need to just enjoy the game.

Hate dumb people.

Death sentence should be legal everywhere. (if you are a threat to other people you do not deserve to be among them or to be fed by them)

Love broccoli.

Hate false racism. (calling someone black is not racist but treating them differently because of it is)

Many more but I think it's best to stop here. :D

I like lots of these points :D Some I really don't, but hey!

Sometimes, you need to just enjoy the game.

Could you speak louder? they just started laughing again.

I wont play it, I wont buy anything else they make ever again.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I like lots of these points :D Some I really don't, but hey!

At least I didn't get bucket loads of hate for this.  :D

I can understand if you don't agree with the second 2 but why do you not agree with the minors thing? I'm just curious.

Hate generic music that is easily created on a laptop with not musical background. Dubstep, electronic, I am talking to you. 

Well, that's not an unpopular opinion! Every sane person hates that sorta crap! :P

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

Well, that's not an unpopular opinion! Every sane person hates that sorta crap! :P

Hehe, but there aren't many sane people.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'm fine with a membrane keyboard

OSX is a good OS 

I like phones with screens >5 inches

I never use macros/custom key bindings

I wont ever watch Sword Art Online because the plot seems stupid to me

Football (American) is retarded and should be called contact handball

Soccer should be called Football in the US

Sports are overrated

Europe > US in many ways

Nobody needs to own a gun in today's world

At least I didn't get bucket loads of hate for this.  :D

I can understand if you don't agree with the second 2 but why do you not agree with the minors thing? I'm just curious.

As a younger kid, I did a lot of stupid things I regret. You live, you learn. If you're a teen, you've learnt how to behave properly and know what's right from wrong. If you're 8 or so, I agree with juvenile punishment and a criminal record, but not a lifetime imprisonment. The early stages of life are the most important. Jesus Christ this took long to type

i liked GTA IV, and i didnt think the port was that bad

and i dont see the hype about mechanical keyboards, i tried one, didnt prefer it at all

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Hehe, but there aren't many sane people.

-snip-

All right, those are some interesting and very good points. I wont lie and just cast them aside as they have at least opened it up. I like the argument that it requires a different kind of talent. And to that I fully concaved, and put aside all the other arguments I had, which he did blow out the water. I can relate that argument to so many other things in life. Like sports and, yes, video games. 

Though, I think it is just my bias, to why I initially thought that way. I really cant stand synthetic, and near perfect music. I like to hear some errors and the human input, like fingers scraping down the strings of the guitar. I do see why people like it and I should really turn to the reason of, it just doesn't appeal to me. 

So off topic, no fits, please!

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Hate dumb people.

Love broccoli.

Many more but I think it's best to stop here.  :D

Agree with everything except what is bolded. Not much a fan of broccoli and the majority of corrupt leaders are imports, typically of European decent and not of native American. So, it'd be more accurate to diss the countries the people came from and not the entire country their ancestors migrated to. Outside of the stupid government and idiotic media, a fair amount of Americans are alright.  :P

Outside of the stupid government and idiotic media

I think that's exactly what he hates. 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I dislike:

People who play the race card

People who live in America and think the world revolves around their Facebook page. We could be in WW3 and they wouldn't know.

Liberals

Rice rockets

Red and black-themed ROG builds

Green means go. Nvidia should GO away.

Joking, I love both companies. But, I love AMD a little more for the 290.

I love you!

Hate generic music that is easily created on a laptop with not musical background. Dubstep, electronic, I am talking to you. 

Just to address this, a lot of the top EDM artists in the world (Or at least the ones I listen to) actually play their songs on instruments (there are a lot that don't I won't allow myself to be disingenuous) before making the electronic version just an FY.I they are producers and many of the popular artists actually know music rather well.. Don't just blindly hate things I really don't like people who have this opinion because many of them don't have the slightest clue. I'm not trying to offend you just have to put that out there.

EDIT: I am not a fan of Dubstep though I'm not going to lie, also quite a few of them have gone to school to study music, but on the flipside many of them haven't finished. I myself can DJ, but I for one cannot produce anything on the same level as many of those producers, but I know music well enough to design a set of decent transitions and matched beats by ear etc. There's a lot more to it than most people think.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

As a younger kid, I did a lot of stupid things I regret. You live, you learn. If you're a teen, you've learnt how to behave properly and know what's right from wrong. If you're 8 or so, I agree with juvenile punishment and a criminal record, but not a lifetime imprisonment. The early stages of life are the most important. Jesus Christ this took long to type

Yes, you are completely right but there is a problem of increased teens between 13 and 18 years old that are going around and playing some game of gangs, carrying knives and stabbing people just because they think that they are untouchable and cool because of it. Now, you need to have a different treatment for them than for some kid who stole a beer from a local shop without anyone noticing. It would be good to send them to mines where they can be productive for the society without being a part of it, until they mentally grow up. Thing that would be most fair is life for life but that is taking it too far for most people although the most effective way to learn is to feel it come back at you. Sorry if I offended anyone but that is my opinion.

Agree with everything except what is bolded. Not much a fan of broccoli and the majority of corrupt leaders are imports, typically of European decent and not of native American. So, it'd be more accurate to diss the countries the people came from and not the entire country their ancestors migrated to. Outside of the stupid government and idiotic media, a fair amount of Americans are alright.  :P

Oh, of course. I didn't mean native Americans were like that, just that it's government is a pack of lying wolfs that only aim to gain money and power and have different standards for them and the rest of the world, no consistency at all. They are acting like a spoiled kid who wants it all and if it can't have it no one can so better destroy it. Again, I'm not talking about American citizens here who are having less and less rights, freedom and privacy every year. Yes, today's America is a descendant of Europe if we look at the history but unlike Europe, America is still young and has that initial surge of power. They need to learn subtlety and to not go around and piss off every country they touch.

Oh man, this was quite a rant, not what I was planing but it got out of hand. :/

All right, those are some interesting and very good points. I wont lie and just cast them aside as they have at least opened it up. I like the argument that it requires a different kind of talent. And to that I fully concaved, and put aside all the other arguments I had, which he did blow out the water. I can relate that argument to so many other things in life. Like sports and, yes, video games. 

Though, I think it is just my bias, to why I initially thought that way. I really cant stand synthetic, and near perfect music. I like to hear some errors and the human input, like fingers scraping down the strings of the guitar. I do see why people like it and I should really turn to the reason of, it just doesn't appeal to me. 

So off topic, no fits, please!

I can accept that :)

I started this thread to grow a tech related opinions flower but i guess it grew into a wild flower, a beautiful wild flower. Thanks for all your posts, it was an interesting read.

Speaking of non related unpopular opinions, I think people who mess up "your" and "you're" ; "they're", "their" and "there" should be put on an island with no communication with the outside world. I don't understand how people with English as their first language can make such mistakes, it pisses me off to no end.

Also I think America is too abnoxious shouting "freedom" everywhere when they aren't even in the top 5 free countries. Also, so many stupid people there, I don't understand why such a "free", strong country has such a bad education system. I don't get why they spend unthinkable amounts on the military and not useful things like free healthcare, etc.

I expect a ton of hate for this.

I have many that on large subjects that go against popular opinion. I'm sure some of you have seen them. ;)

I started this thread to grow a tech related opinions flower but i guess it grew into a wild flower, a beautiful wild flower. Thanks for all your posts, it was an interesting read.

Speaking of non related unpopular opinions, I think people who mess up "your" and "you're" ; "they're", "their" and "there" should be put on an island with no communication with the outside world. I don't understand how people with English as their first language can make such mistakes, it pisses me off to no end.

Also I think America is too abnoxious shouting "freedom" everywhere when they aren't even in the top 5 free countries. Also, so many stupid people there, I don't understand why such a "free", strong country has such a bad education system. I don't get why they spend unthinkable amounts on the military and not useful things like free healthcare, etc.

I expect a ton of hate for this.

People who misuse they're, their, your and you're also irk me to no end, especially if they are older than 18.

The whole "freedom" thing is also worn thin. When you check lists on the progress of other nations, the US is nowhere near the top #1 spot in matters that count. I'm just glad "freedom fries" were a short lived post 9/11 fad, because that was one of the most idiotic things the nation has ever done for the sake of muh freedums.

As for "free" healthcare, don't be surprised if someone assumes you are underaged since you have no age listed. To put things into perspective, the whole population of Canada is smaller than the population of California. Now consider California is one state of fifty. It doesn't take a math genius to figure the rest out. Couple that with the worst presidents in recent memory, Obama and George W. Bush, when it comes to adding an unholy amount of national debt to the country and you can see the real problem. Idiots in charge that devalue the currency + massive unpayable debt + massive landmass and population = money doesn't grow on trees. Your "free" healthcare is funded by taxes, nothing is free. England is really tiny compared to the US. In fact, all of the UK from top to bottom is roughly around the same size as Florida.(as for the military thing, yeah I don't get it either. We technically have no money because of failed leadership getting us into nonreversible debt. Super Man should have stayed a comic book character instead of manifesting itself into the country personification. I believe it's time for the US to focus on its population first and stop being the world police.)

Microsoft is a horrible company.

There are so much better alternatives to Windows, the windows kernal is just a shit ton of shit sorounded by shit. OS X is based on Unix, so it's somewhat similar to Linux. Hate all you wan't on Apple but at least OS X performs well and is way more stable. Xbox is shit, everyone here agrees. Windows phone... Well you know. And did they even sell a single Zune? Who the fuck uses Zune?

Also Hitler was right

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)