Which software do you use to listen to music?

Tech_Dreamer

i was wondering what mediaplayer software you guys use to listen to music, any suggestions and recommendations are welcome, i usually use default MPC+added codecs, hate itunes gui , can you guys reccomend any good ones, preferably the onces you use or something that has more functionality than just play/pause.

i will select a best answer after i try all of your suggestions..thanks for popping in & taking your time to read this through.. :)

Details separate people.

Spotify.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I use SoundCloud

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

foobar2000 because i like it and i dont even mess around with skins n such.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

A mix between Spotify and Soundcloud depending on what I want to listen to

Life.exe is missing

Zune software

Yes I'm serious, try it.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Spotify. Premium is pricey but it is worth it mostly. (Wish it was like $8 instead of $10 but that's okay).

bAZTtLv.png

Someone else on the forum used it and since I cancelled google all access I'm back to VLC because I'm too lazy to find something else.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

MusicBee is my player of choice, highly recommend.

you sir ,you just made me switch over to musicbee 

THANK YOU.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Foobar2k. With lots of addons and custom theme.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I jump around between my collection on my iphone/itunes, and streaming on spotify & soundcloud... generally the latter two to discover new stuff.

Winamp used to be my favourite, but it never quite evolved into something truly great in an era of portable devices & network streaming.

XBMC with webradio plugin http://xbmc.org/

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

iTunes and Spotify...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Spotify: Music for everyone... except Canadians.

It is coming soon.... but that's more a service.

I use VLC right now for FLAC, but would like to setup all my audio in XBMC, I like the remote app for phones and tablets.

I still use iTunes for MP3, only because I have iOS devices. I used to really like winamp, but when I stopped using windows, napster was still #1 and the fastest way to get MP3s was to rip CDs. So... I didn't have hundreds of gigs back then.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.