Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 one fan acting weird

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC 3GB Card in my rig

Today I noticed that one of the fan wasn't spinning.

I took the card out, cleaned it and re inserted it and still no use.

Then I checked MSI AB and increased the fan speed to 70% and the second fan started spinning. I then noticed whenever the setting was above 65% its starts spinning

I tried resetting the drive to its defaults and still no luck.

I would appreciate if someone help me figure out what's the problem as this wasn't the case about 3 months ago

UPDATE: Also the fan spins for 2 seconds when the system starts up
I just found out it's not windows because I booted into hackintosh and it's the same

My rig:

Intel Core i7 3770K 4.1 Ghz
Asus P8-Z77 V PRO
Corsair Force GS SSD
2 HDDs
Corsair HX850 PSU
Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC 3GB
Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM

I would assume that as you increase fan speed it increases the voltage applied to the fan

Perhaps below a certain voltage the fan will not spin, is there a way to up the voltage?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Did you rotate the fan manually when you had the video card out of the system, just to make sure nothing is restricting it.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Did you rotate the fan manually when you had the video card out of the system, just to make sure nothing is restricting it.

Yes I tried that

Yes I tried that

Ahh OK, worth a try.

How do I do it?

If the fan spins fine manually then lubrication or lack there of is not the problem.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Ahh OK, worth a try.

If the fan spins fine manually then lubrication or lack there of is not the problem.

Well if it spins up when a lot of voltage is applied, that would indicate to me that it is a bit dry and won't spin with lower voltage.

Well if it spins up when a lot of voltage is applied, that would indicate to me that it is a bit dry and won't spin with lower voltage.

If that is the case then something must be causing a higher resistance because if you can move the fan perfectly fine with NO resistance then lubrication is not the problem.

If the fan was slightly harder to turn compared to the other fan then fair enough but since it doesn't and in my opinion lubrication is not the problem since it CAN spin with no resistance.

If that is the case then something must be causing a higher resistance because if you can move the fan perfectly fine with NO resistance then lubrication is not the problem.

If the fan was slightly harder to turn compared to the other fan then fair enough but since it doesn't and in my opinion lubrication is not the problem since it CAN spin with no resistance.

Ok, you're the boss...

Ok, you're the boss...

I didn't mean to sound like a prick but if the fan spins perfectly fine I really don't see how lubricating will solve the problem.

Any chance that you could take pictures which may help us see if anything is a miss?

Try resetting the bios and see.

I just tried it and no luck....

Do they spin at equal RPM when you set it to 70%?

I had a Sapphire 7870 Dual-X with this issue and it'd reach 85c+ and get to 100% fan speed so I just contacted Amazon support who were like "yea, ok here's a refund have a nice day" :P

I'd try RMA it as I think taking apart sapphire cards does void warranty (sticker on screws)