Go Pro Hero3+ Black Edition - should we review it?

LinusTech

You, as a content creator could give a different perspective on the video quality of the gopro, perhaps a side by side comparison between the gopro and some of the cameras you guys have on hand. This is something I would be interested to see, in terms of color accuracy, sharpness etc.

I got one to make my Zboard review. Do you guys care to see us give a rundown on it or has this product basically been done to death?

True, multiple reviews. This true for most product/service reviews. I don't care whose review is 1st.

What attracts me to certain reviews is their style, perspective, how informative they are, do I respect/trust the reviewer, and most importantly would this review tell me (without purchasing the item myself) would I be happy with this product? I, probably like most of your viewers, am particularly picky, tech oriented, and not the "average" consumer. Having reviews from a similar orientation is refreshing.

Your team hits all the marks I look for.

I've often consider the GoPro cameras but always find reasons to avoid pulling the trigger. They don't seem to have a comparable competitor. What has turned me off is the $cost$ of entry, they engineer their product to require you having to mostly purchase from their Universe (See also Apple Universe), and it seems like it is deceptively simple product (this will require more time & $ than is advertised). I have paused to purchase: my worry = after use you realize need for better sound, better camera mounting, better video editing, better lighting, .... Crap = I've opened another life force suck = limited time vs time consuming hobby.

Even if your review confirms my fears, your review would be welcomed and highly valuable.

Do a review where you attach it to different things for a few days, such as your cats one day, you another day, Luke another, and maybe go and do something different at the same time, so that it gets a full stress test on different conditions.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I got one to make my Zboard review. Do you guys care to see us give a rundown on it or has this product basically been done to death?

yes i might get the low level one as i can put it on my helmet it would be perfect so yes please linus!

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

its a generic camera with a large viewing angle, whats there to review?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

okay Linus here is my opinion as i own one! if you can get your hands on one for free/ borrow then sure, by all means reveiw it. but dont go out to buy it with the intention of just a reveiw. i use mine for karting but even still that is its only use! don't waste your money Linus, buy something  the audience wants to see reveiwed

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Do it! and get some AC for your employees while you're at it!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If you do a review I think you should do it in a unique style that does not follow normal camera reviews. e.i list of specs then show for pictures and make a conclusion. 

If you were to do a review of it you need to make it unique.

-DarkPhantom

Do a review where you attach it to different things for a few days, such as your cats one day, you another day, Luke another, and maybe go and do something different at the same time, so that it gets a full stress test on different conditions.

I love this idea of doing an ultimate stress test of sorts on the gopro.

-DarkPhantom

that'd be a cool review to see but maybe compare it to another camera that advertises the sameish features so theres some sort of a reference

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

24 hour live stream with the gopro strapped to your head?

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Yes then send it to me so I can do a video on my motorbike :3

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii