find my ipod on ipod touch

Dylan lol

hey i have an ipod touch 4th generation, and under settings - icloud - find my ipod, i have it set to on so i can see it on a map, but i can switch find my ipod to off with no password or anything. so i am wondering how can i set a password or any security to "find my ipod" so someone cant just switch it off if it gets stolen? thanks

hey i have an ipod touch 4th generation, and under settings - icloud - find my ipod, i have it set to on so i can see it on a map, but i can switch find my ipod to off with no password or anything. so i am wondering how can i set a password or any security to "find my ipod" so someone cant just switch it off if it gets stolen? thanks

You can't. Just giving you the straight answer.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

You can't. Just giving you the straight answer.

dang i read you can have a password for iphone, is that true? what about the ipod touch 5th gen?

dang i read you can have a password for iphone, is that true? what about the ipod touch 5th gen?

You can have a password as in lock screen yes, but you can just turn it off from the lock screen without having to put a passcode...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

You can have a password as in lock screen yes, but you can just turn it off from the lock screen without having to put a passcode...

im talking about the "find my ipod" setting, so if someone steals it they cant just turn it off

im talking about the "find my ipod" setting, so if someone steals it they cant just turn it off

Oh... I'll check with my iPhone gimme a sec.

@Dylan lol You have to input your iCloud password to disable it.

Anyone with an ipod touch 4th or 5th gen that can make it so "find my ipod" asks for a passcode or icloud password to turn "find my ipod" off? would appreciate info.

Anyone with an ipod touch 4th or 5th gen that can make it so "find my ipod" asks for a passcode or icloud password to turn "find my ipod" off? would appreciate info.

I have one, I believe it is default, no?  However you won't be able to track it if it doesn't have wifi...

I have one, I believe it is default, no?  However you won't be able to track it if it doesn't have wifi...

go to where i said on ur ipod.. try to turn icloud off and see if it asks u for a password or something. and is it 4th or 5th gen

go to where i said on ur ipod.. try to turn icloud off and see if it asks u for a password or something. and is it 4th or 5th gen

A few things...

1. It is 5th gen

2.  It asks me for a password by default.

3.  You won't be able to find your iPod/wipe/lock it if it doesn't have wifi, so it is pretty useless.  Also if someone just restored it to default by plugging it in to iTunes it would be gone anyway...

it does...

If he have iCloud activated, nope. They can't wipe his idevice.

I'm sure there is a work around...

What iOS is it running? Because ios7 requires a password to turn find my iPod on and off.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I'm sure there is a work around...

There isn't a workaround, not a simple one atleast. Apple isn't THAT stupid, and I heard they will release something which allows you to see the place the ipod/iphone has been tracked last, even if the device is turned off

If it doesn't fall into the wrong hands, but just some idiot that barely knows anything about tech steals it, you'll very likely find it back