MacBook Pro buy now or wait?

DJ H2 Mk2
Go to solution Solved by Victorious Secret,

I would've suggested getting the last 17" MBP they made. 

Why? Cause this thing is still a verifiable tank. I upgraded to 16GB of RAM a while back, more recently I threw in two SSDs (not in RAID, not that needed in a laptop. One OS, one for Bootcamp/crap storage). The Quad Core in this still flies for most tasks and the 6770m hasn't really made me cry too much when I have to edit on the go. 

For gaming? Macs are NOT the best value. But for you? since you have a very specific need. I know many a DJ who ended up having Macs whether due to existing ease of use or the software, so its a pretty valid reason to use one. I think if you don't need the latest and greatest however, a current Retinabook would be just fine, even the non-Retina 15" on refurb is still a good purchase. 

You might as well wait till September/October since the entire line is due for a refresh, then make your decision from there. 

And to people who feel a perverse need to turn every thread into "I'll give you 10 reasons why that Mac is overpriced and 10 laptops from other OEMs that are better". Just don't. Goons like you are why threads go downhill and lose relevance. Keep that shit to off topic or on threads that actually discuss it. OP clearly wants a Mac, leave him be. There is no need to crap on the thread with holier than thou asshattery on why a Mac is pointless. We got that the first couple hundred threads that were made about it.

Do we really need to derail any and every thread? The horse isn't even dead. It already got burned up and was used to make glue, you're still standing the same spot where it died beating a pile of dirt and horseshit thinking you're being clever. 

I need to buy a MacBook Pro in September (Yes it has to be running OSX) with 8 gb of ram and 256 gb of storage. Would it be worth waiting for the new broad well models or just buy one now? I need this to last ~5 years

Wait.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

May I ask why you need OS X?

For djing and iphone development

It's not necessary but I would prefer it

For the "pcmasterrace" guys don't worry I've got a dual booting desktop I built

Because he wants it. May I ask why you care?

I was asking because I can recommend many better alternatives to the mac pro which would run windows. May I ask why you are so sassy to me?

-snip-

No it's fine it was just a curious question

Thx though

For djing and iphone development

It's not necessary but I would prefer it

For the "pcmasterrace" guys don't worry I've got a dual booting desktop I built

Well if you are open to windows I can recommend you some pretty powerful laptops for the same price as a macbook pro.

Well if you are open to windows I can recommend you some pretty powerful laptops for the same price as a macbook pro.

I'm aware although for my uses OSX is a much better option

Thank you though

I was asking because I can recommend many better alternatives to the mac pro which would run windows. May I ask why you are so sassy to me?

MacBOOK Pro.

And you can't build a better alternative to the Mac Pro. Please don't try, I've already had this argument several times today.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It is better to buy Apple computers as close to launch as possible because they don't get price reductions like windows machines do

I have no idea if by september you can expect a new release but if it is not urgent to buy now I would wait

MacBOOK Pro.

And you can't build a better alternative to the Mac Pro. Please don't try, I've already had this argument several times today.

Guys I appreciate the help but could we please keep the arguing to a minimum thanks

MacBOOK Pro.

I meant macbook pro. Any high end sager notebook would completely destroy a macbook pro. Even the razer blade is a much better alternative to the macbook pro.

It depends your use for the mac pro. It is perfectly tuned for professional work, but for gaming the argument is invalid.

It is better to buy Apple computers as close to launch as possible because they don't get price reductions like windows machines do

I have no idea if by september you can expect a new release but if it is not urgent to buy now I would wait

Noted

I think that's what I will do but I want to keep the thread going and look for other ideas

Thank you

You shouldn't miss out on much. The Broadwell Macbooks won't happen until early 2015,(Source). Apple will probably release a "late 2014" model, but unless they come up with a major improvement (can't imagine one) it won't be much different from the "late 2013" model they sell right now (Maybe Haswell refresh and a slightly higher battery life). This is assuming that you were talking about the retina macbooks. The old non-retina MBs are probably EOL.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

I meant macbook pro. Any high end sager notebook would completely destroy a macbook pro. Even the razer blade is a much better alternative to the macbook pro.

It depends your use for the mac pro. It is perfectly tuned for professional work, but for gaming the argument is invalid.

I won't be gaming I will be djing professionally using mac only software

I won't be gaming I will be djing professionally using mac only software

I was talking about the mac pro desktop for that. You could save a lot of money if it is just needed for djing,

I was talking about the mac pro desktop for that. You could save a lot of money if it is just needed for djing,

I will be djing out and about for school dances stuff like that and I need a laptop for that use as I can't really haul a monitor with me to gigs with all my gear

But he isn't gaming...and the Razer Blade not only costs more, it has worse battery, is louder, and has a worse screen.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Wait a second, it's his money, his choice. Are you some sort of a Microsoft salesmen who is trying to glue windows on him? 

nevermind

OT: Honestly it wouldn't matter that much, i mean what else is there to improve on it. But as always with PC hardware the longer you wait the faster/better it's gonna get.

Interested in Business and Technology

Thanks for all the help guys I'll wait for the broadwell cpu models

Guys I'm kind of new to the forum how do I close a thread when it's over with?

Unfortunatly you can't do that. You can mark the best anwser as ''Anwsered'' and that's all.

Interested in Business and Technology