MacBook Pro buy now or wait?

DJ H2 Mk2
Go to solution Solved by Victorious Secret,

I would've suggested getting the last 17" MBP they made. 

Why? Cause this thing is still a verifiable tank. I upgraded to 16GB of RAM a while back, more recently I threw in two SSDs (not in RAID, not that needed in a laptop. One OS, one for Bootcamp/crap storage). The Quad Core in this still flies for most tasks and the 6770m hasn't really made me cry too much when I have to edit on the go. 

For gaming? Macs are NOT the best value. But for you? since you have a very specific need. I know many a DJ who ended up having Macs whether due to existing ease of use or the software, so its a pretty valid reason to use one. I think if you don't need the latest and greatest however, a current Retinabook would be just fine, even the non-Retina 15" on refurb is still a good purchase. 

You might as well wait till September/October since the entire line is due for a refresh, then make your decision from there. 

And to people who feel a perverse need to turn every thread into "I'll give you 10 reasons why that Mac is overpriced and 10 laptops from other OEMs that are better". Just don't. Goons like you are why threads go downhill and lose relevance. Keep that shit to off topic or on threads that actually discuss it. OP clearly wants a Mac, leave him be. There is no need to crap on the thread with holier than thou asshattery on why a Mac is pointless. We got that the first couple hundred threads that were made about it.

Do we really need to derail any and every thread? The horse isn't even dead. It already got burned up and was used to make glue, you're still standing the same spot where it died beating a pile of dirt and horseshit thinking you're being clever. 

I meant macbook pro. Any high end sager notebook would completely destroy a macbook pro. Even the razer blade is a much better alternative to the macbook pro.

It depends your use for the mac pro. It is perfectly tuned for professional work, but for gaming the argument is invalid.

i agree there are plenty of better notebooks out there

I really like the 15" Macbook Pro's with a Anti-Glare screens. They are the best @DJ H2 Mk2

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

And to people who feel a perverse need to turn every thread into "I'll give you 10 reasons why that Mac is overpriced and 10 laptops from other OEMs that are better". Just don't. Goons like you are why threads go downhill and lose relevance. Keep that shit to off topic or on threads that actually discuss it. OP clearly wants a Mac, leave him be. There is no need to crap on the thread with holier than thou asshattery on why a Mac is pointless. We got that the first couple hundred threads that were made about it.

Do we really need to derail any and every thread? The horse isn't even dead. It already got burned up and was used to make glue, you're still standing the same spot where it died beating a pile of dirt and horseshit thinking you're being clever. 

That's exactly why I now say if you want Mac advice, this is not the forum for you. Too much bias.

I meant macbook pro. Any high end sager notebook would completely destroy a macbook pro. Even the razer blade is a much better alternative to the macbook pro.

It depends your use for the mac pro. It is perfectly tuned for professional work, but for gaming the argument is invalid.

Including you, I cannot believe how biased people are to recommend anything but mac. If he especially asks for a mac, why would you tell him to get another laptop with windows just because it has *slightly* better specs?