Ascent - The Space Game

Trik'Stari

So, my guildmaster recently discovered and suggested to me this pre alpha space game. The dev is supposedly 1 guy. Its a year old I think, and I honestly think its awesome.

THERES NO PVP YET! YAAAAAAAY YOU CAN ACTUALLY NOT GET KILLED EVERY 5 MINUTES LIKE EVE! HUZZAH! The dev plays every day, (or so I've been told) and has said that he wants pvp, but wants it avoid the problems of constant ganking and what not. But there are npc's to fight, planets to skim gas off of, contracts to fulfill, ships to buy, settlements to build! and it all doesn't take 80 billion years to do!

Lol. I think its amazing good fun, theres mining, mission, supposedly 40 billion randomly generated star systems, it's browser based, and ITS FREE TO PLAY.

Oh and theres settlements to build as well, and you can buy deeds to planets. The controls do take some getting used to because it's more realistic than eve, there is an excellent autopilot that warps you instantly lol.

www.thespacegame.com

I've been playing for about 3 days (not that much either, like 2 or 3 hours a day max, which isn't much for someone who's unemployed) and I have 801,000 credits. and that's after I wasted some buying something I couldn't use.

Please keep in mind it's an alpha. Im loving it though, satisfying my fix whilst awaiting star citizen. The user base has been extremely friendly and helpful!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Thanks for sharing.  That looks interesting.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The ships dont look all that great, but the space itself is beautiful, I'm jammin out to some dubstep and having a blast, first person is fun in free roam space.

That's cool but why is it in the Star Citizen section?

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

Yall can move it if you want. I put it under star citizen for those looking for their fix of first person space free roam-iness

Yeah the ships don't look that great, but I wouldn't expect that much more from a game developed by 2 people (according to it's "about us" section).

I highly recommend this if you want to roam around space, building settlements, without fear of being ganked by other players (at least at this point in time). There is npc combat, but I have yet to partake. Right now I'm just mining like crazy and getting bigger and bigger ships.

I'm amazed at how much there is to do when this game is still technically "pre alpha".