Anyone ever get a store to price match Microcenters pick up only?

minimalist

Just curious since I moved away from where there was one and I really want a 4790k for 279.99

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Just curious since I moved away from where there was one and I really want a 4790k for 279.99

Unfortunately I think you will have trouble getting them to match Microcenter pricing if there isn't one around. I have never tried it but I am willing to speculate. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

In Aus. I have had both the good guys and Big W price match the smaller much cheaper parts stores. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Unfortunately I think you will have trouble getting them to match Microcenter pricing if there isn't one around. I have never tried it but I am willing to speculate.

I'm going to try today. I just wanted to see if anyone had any luck. I'll report back if it works

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I'm going to try today. I just wanted to see if anyone had any luck. I'll report back if it works

The worst thing that can happen is they say no. And even then you are right where you are now. Nothing to lose for trying. Good luck!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Before you do, if there is more then one store that carries them in your area, do a quick research to see if they offer price matching. I know home depot does price matching and 10% off, I wish every store did that!

Best Buy will price match Microcenter as long as you bring in proof, like an ad, or just pull up the price on your smartphone while checkout and tell them to price match.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

The worst thing that can happen is they say no. And even then you are right where you are now. Nothing to lose for trying. Good luck!

I went to a Fry's and they wouldn't. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pissed.

Best Buy will price match Microcenter as long as you bring in proof, like an ad, or just pull up the price on your smartphone while checkout and tell them to price match.

If only best buy carried 4790k's