Msi eco boards: Saving the world, one chip at a time

brownninja97

Eco friendly and natural selection, match made in heaven. Heres your song

IMGP2882_678x452.JPG

Well then there are three boards to be mentioned today, an H97 eco, B85 eco and a H81 eco boards.

MSI_ECO_Series_boards.jpg

The three boards are basically the same visually apart from the h81 board being forced to only two dimm slots for ram and the H81 has only 3 sata 6gb slots. Other then that they are similar but have their chipset benefits.

Lets get this straight, they arent for gamers, they are for HTPCS, they work at 60% power compared to normal boards so thats fairy dust, your brain can muster up the 30watts to power this board no problem(yes your brain can generate that many watts). 

Msi also say that it works at 100% performance. BULLSHIT, if that was true then the higher end boards would be doing that, anyways with the reducing in power everything should still work fine.

Note to anyone with a msi board which is Z87 or Z97(g41 pc mate or above) now can get a bios update which allows a improved eco mode for up to 29% power reduction depending on the board.

IMGP2878_575px.JPG

These boards are still strong however, they still uphold the military class standards but the pcbs are green. 

As for the prices they arent known just yet but the prices will be coming at some point in the future.

http://www.techpowerup.com/202835/msi-unveils-new-eco-series-motherboards.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8134/computex-2014-msis-new-eco-motherboard-range

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I don't think mobos consume that much power (thus no real need for reduction), real "eco" stuff will come with Maxwell GPUs.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

they still uphold the military class standards

I have to ask, what exactly is that? It's always seemed like marketing drivel to me...

I have to ask, what exactly is that? It's always seemed like marketing drivel to me...

Endurance tests, they send in too much energy, then too little, blast it with sand, hot air and cold air. From what I understand MSI and gigabyte put their boards in the harshest environments. Asus dont talk much about what happens behind the scenes and that could be a problem as asus have the highest amount of failures 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Cool, my motherboard has a power saving feature too. I never touched it. It just decreases performance for no reason. If I wanted to consume less power I'd buy a low power cpu with integrated graphics, not a freaking i7 and an r9 290.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Endurance tests, they send in too much energy, then too little, blast it with sand, hot air and cold air. From what I understand MSI and gigabyte put their boards in the harshest environments. Asus dont talk much about what happens behind the scenes and that could be a problem as asus have the highest amount of failures 

Interesting, I have also noticed that it is MSI and Gigabyte who always make a point about these 'standards' I just never thought they meant anything.

I'm sure ASUS must perform quality tests, and I have seen JJ mention a few times about the quality of their capacitors/power designs on boards and chips, I think he just sees it that ASUS feel less need to emphasise those things.

I'd like to know for sure whether ASUS do the same as MSI/GB and just feel that they don't need to market that was as much, or whether there is in fact a difference there.

Interesting, I have also noticed that it is MSI and Gigabyte who always make a point about these 'standards' I just never thought they meant anything.

I'm sure ASUS must perform quality tests, and I have seen JJ mention a few times about the quality of their capacitors/power designs on boards and chips, I think he just sees it that ASUS feel less need to emphasise those things.

I'd like to know for sure whether ASUS do the same as MSI/GB and just feel that they don't need to market that was as much, or whether there is in fact a difference there.

They should sort it out fast as gigabyte is catching them out fast,in 2012 asus sold like 5 million more then gigabyte in motherboard, in 2013, they sold 100,000 more. Gigabyte is closing the gap very fast

Listen if you care.

No ITX? No deal.

Its pretty silly that they ignored itx, would have been perfect

Listen if you care.

They should start making eco boards for AM3+, so we can put our FX 9590 in there! It'd be like double bacon cheeseburger with a diet cola.

They should start making eco boards for AM3+, so we can put our FX 9590 in there! It'd be like double bacon cheeseburger with a diet cola.

yeah a 9590 would need at least 10 power phases, these boards have like four

Listen if you care.

They should sort it out fast as gigabyte is catching them out fast,in 2012 asus sold like 5 million more then gigabyte in motherboard, in 2013, they sold 100,000 more. Gigabyte is closing the gap very fast

I still think that when working properly ASUS boards are the best, just my opinion.

I still think that when working properly ASUS boards are the best, just my opinion.

yeah but after the four horror stories of asus customer service due to broken products ive given up on asus, id rather have a product which is slightly worse but has a higher chance of survival or has decent customer service.

Listen if you care.

I'm getting ready to purchase some things for a HTPC/media server, anybody know the price for these?

Also, amazing white PCB;

IMGP2876_575px.JPG

I'm getting ready to purchase some things for a HTPC/media server, anybody know the price for these?

Also, amazing white PCB;

Yeah thats not a thing anymore, well there is no information on it at all, i looked at many different places but didnt find anything

Listen if you care.

If they manage to release an ITX H97 board with with M.2 support I will literally throw bills at them.

Yeah thats not a thing anymore, well there is no information on it at all, i looked at many different places but didnt find anything

Damn, even though I don't like the green on white, seeing a white PCB is exciting in this day and age.

Oh well!