What Would You Guys Prefer To Purchase?

_ASSASSIN_

So I'm going to be selling my HTC One M7, and I want your feedback as to which version I should make it to sell it.

thank you all for your feedback,

Easily the gplay edition and root it! (if you can enable OTA updates from Google)

Gplay edition with root, no doubt. Especially if someone else was going to root it for me (I hate gambling so much).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Unrooted with sense, if I don't like it, I can always root it myself and install a rom. Not that I have the money or desire to buy a new phone atm but that would be my take.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Gplay edition with root, no doubt. Especially if someone else was going to root it for me (I hate gambling so much).

Between my dad and i we have rooted 6 phones and have never had anything go wrong. It really isn't as heard or as dangerous as most people think. Just watch a youtube video or something. 

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Easily the gplay edition and root it! (if you can enable OTA updates from Google)

yeah, I already know how to do that by just flashing their recovery, not hard.

I used some "1 click root" to root two of my phones.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

Does it matter?

Correct me if I am wrong, but can't you just root it anyway?, and flash any of those roms? regardless of which version you get to start off with?

Sorry, I didn't read the post properly, I thought you were asking which one you should buy. I didn't realise you wanted to sell one.

In that case I would make it a google play edition.

Does it matter?

Correct me if I am wrong but can't you just root it anyway?, and flash any of those roms? regardless of which version you get to start off with?

It adds value to those who aren't willing to do it. That and I have no clue if people here would actually buy a phone running a custom ROM like carbon that doesn't have an proper update system for the HTC One.

Between my dad and i we have rooted 6 phones and have never had anything go wrong. It really isn't as heard or as dangerous as most people think. Just watch a youtube video or something. 

Yeah, it's not the difficulty that scares me, I've done way harder things, but I can't stand the inherent risk of bricking the device. I know the probabilities are low, but it's still a relatively expensive piece of hardware and having to buy a new one would not be fun, so even a 0.0001% risk would scare me off. It's just a trait of my personality, I can't accept risks, even small ones. I always want to have full control on the situation and be 100% sure that if I don't make mistakes nothing can go wrong.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

yeah, I already know how to do that by just flashing their recovery, not hard.

Oh cool, I read that just flashing the gplay ROM isn't enough but never read what else was required to get OTA updates, it's its doable then yeah I'd go for that.

If I was buying an M7 I'd want the Gplay ROM, and if it came rooted that'd be fine or I'd just root it myself.

Perhaps root it and install some nice root apps and advertise their functionality with the phone as a good reason why they should buy a rooted phone, and the added bonus is that the root is risk free for them as you're doing it.

It adds value to those who aren't willing to do it. That and I have no clue if people here would actually buy a phone running a custom ROM like carbon that doesn't have an proper update system for the HTC One.

Eh. Entirely depends on where you plan to market it.

I'd say in a local paper you'll see way, way more interest if you're running Sense and don't mention rooting or anything like that.

You might see it as a value add, however many people will see it as being "tinkered with" and will avoid it. You'll shrink your potential market base by quite a bit.

It's similar to modified cars.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Eh. Entirely depends on where you plan to market it.

I'd say in a local paper you'll see way, way more interest if you're running Sense and don't mention rooting or anything like that.

You might see it as a value add, however many people will see it as being "tinkered with" and will avoid it. You'll shrink your potential market base by quite a bit.

It's similar to modified cars.

I'm selling it on the forums, here.

I think you are right, it does add value. Ignore what I said before, I thought you were asking which one to buy, the title threw me off a little bit.

In that case I think most people will be interested in the google play edition, possibly with root, or I guess you could ask them if they want it rooted or not.

Yeah, it's not the difficulty that scares me, I've done way harder things, but I can't stand the inherent risk of bricking the device. I know the probabilities are low, but it's still a relatively expensive piece of hardware and having to buy a new one would not be fun, so even a 0.0001% risk would scare me off. It's just a trait of my personality, I can't accept risks, even small ones. I always want to have full control on the situation and be 100% sure that if I don't make mistakes nothing can go wrong.

Ya i completely understand i still haven't and don't really want to true oc'ing. Also i wont liquid cool even if it a closed loop just because they scare me. However i think if it is something you wont bad enough then try it and hope for the best.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

if it is something you wont bad enough then try it and hope for the best.

Definitely, it's just that rooting wouldn't exactly be a life changer for me so I just avoid to do it ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*