[Star Citizen] New ship to be released tomorrow + goodies!

Wauthar

I managed to catch a part of the "after party" stream of Around The Verse today, and they have announced that a new ship and some other products will be available in the Pledge store tomorrow!

The ship to be released is the Gladius, which was part of the $42M stretch goal. The official description is: "The Aegis Gladius is the UEE’s reigning light short-range patrol fighter. A single-seat ship with no room for expansion, the Gladius is fast, maneuverable and capable of punching far above its weight. The main advantage to the design is simplicity: cheap to produce, easy to repair and outfit and quick to train new pilots on. The Gladius is an aging design nearing the end of its life-cycle, although iterative updates have kept it the most nimble fighter in the active fleet."

It will cost $80, which seems odd to me, because it sounds like an entry-fighter ship.

In other news, also available tomorrow: personalized, physical dog tags! You can put your own personalized name upto 16 characters on the first line, second line will be a "limited edition" 1st fleet rank and the third line will be your citizen number. It will cost $15 (included int. shipping) and there will be 3000 available!

More things were announced for next week, but I can't really remember them anymore  :unsure:

Exciting times are ahead! 

EDIT: The products for next week were the Star Citizen towel and the Arena Commander t-shirt!

EDIT 2: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/157748/confirmed-gladius-will-be-for-sale-this-weekend-poll/p1 Some art of the Gladius.

EDIT 3: The sale is now live and the spec for the Gladius are known!

e879c132df.jpg

Edited by Wauthar

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

MUST HAVE DOG TAG!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Fuck I wanted a Gladius..

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Fuck I wanted a Gladius..

Wanted? The sale hasn't even started yet, or do you have no money? ;)

I feel like the Gladius should cost like 50 bucks. It will be a better dogfighter than the under $150 (from the concept) but it just feels to lackluster to me. It even seems like it won't be all that rare come PU time. Military surplus should cause this to be a cheap and abundant replacement for a dogfighting focused aurora cpt.

Wanted? The sale hasn't even started yet, or do you have no money? ;)

No money

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

yeah, money is a bit short. I need to stop buying car parts.

yeah, money is a bit short. I need to stop buying car parts.

Exactly. Start getting spaceship parts. They are much more important :P

Ooh, I really want one of those dogtags, I'm just not 100% sure what name I want to print on it. I'm very tempted to submit "Jonathan Joestar", but there's a part of me that thinks that's a bit too ridiculous. Hmmm... decisions.

are any of these available yet?

Edit : nm it is

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Yes! The dog tags are available!

Now, I can't decide what I want on it. I was thinking [OULTT] Wauthar. Anyone else getting these?

EDIT: Welp, I can't use the [ ] signs, so Wauthar it is!

Edited by Wauthar

Should I smelt 300i and then add few bucks for Gladius? Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm...  That is possible to add additional money for ship that is more expensive than one smelting? 

Not all those who wander are lost.

Should I smelt 300i and then add few bucks for Gladius? Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm...  That is possible to add additional money for ship that is more expensive than one smelting? 

By smelting, you get in store credits. These credits can contribute to buying new ships. If the new ship is worth more than the credits you own, you can chip in with real money.

So, yes. :)

got my tags, with rucdoc on. now for bed. only an hour late for the third day running, it's a hat trick of lateness

By smelting, you get in store credits. These credits can contribute to buying new ships. If the new ship is worth more than the credits you own, you can chip in with real money.

So, yes. :)

yea I presumed as much only thing that bugged me was that on checkout page, credit & coupon said 5$ max applicable.

but thanks for reply! :)

Not all those who wander are lost.

i dunno these ships are getting expensive.  For 20$ more you can get a cutlass which is a multi crew ship with more upgrade ability.  I have a feeling this ship will be relatively cheap in game.  It is cool and i do want it but its not worth 80 bucks.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Picked up two tags because i was unsure what name to put on it :P

Still unsure about the ship.

Yeah, I am not sure either about the ship. I already have a 325a, but a pure dogfighter would be cool.

What do you have on your tags? Special characters aren't allowed, sadly. :(

EDIT: What I do find strange, is that the Gladius is 20 meters long and has no cargo space. Basically it is a cockpit with engines and guns attached to it, but why the length? The area between the cockpit and the engines is just wasted space IMO.

Edited by Wauthar

Yeah, I am not sure either about the ship. I already have a 325a, but a pure dogfighter would be cool.

What do you have on your tags? Special characters aren't allowed, sadly. :(

EDIT: What I do find strange, is that the Gladius is 20 meters long and has no cargo space. Basically it is a cockpit with engines and guns attached to it, but why the length? The area between the cockpit and the engines is just wasted space IMO.

Yes also this if it had the ability to at least attach a small store all like the aurora it might be worth it.  But this is a ship to earn in game not for purchase.  They market it as a dedicated dog fighter but dont even release it into the DF moudule.... MISTAKE.

Hmm I'm not sure if i wan't my real name or Caito on the dogtags. Decisions... love them.

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H