Got a job now I'm saving for my car :)

dev893

So I got a job working at Mcdonalds (I know it sucks but it's a job) and I know the car I'm saving up for. Unique and doesn't have a big following it's a 1981 E21 BMW 320i it's a rear wheel drive car powered by a 1.8l 4cyl motor rated at only 101hp 100tq which isn't a lot by todays standards but you gotta realize the car only weighs 2400lbs so it has a lot of get up and go :) I should own it with in the next month or so hopefully the owner is gonna hold it for me

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

Well then @dev893 good luck saving up for a car.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Cool, a friend of mine has an E21, it's a 320i 6 cylinder in a cream kinda colour.

I'm a fan of classic BMWs but the oldest I've owned was E30 lol

Well congrats on the job and good luck!

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Congratz on finding a job mate~!

Hopefully everything goes well for ya! We people joke about the burger flipping job all the time but in reality its good experience and teaches you how to deal with people. 

Your occupation and income is but just one page in the book of your identification~

OetF5JY.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

If i were you I'd try to get my hands on a straight 6 cyl. BMW. Legendary engines i can say....

Edit: which is not to say that the E21 is not a good car. It is. I would be proud to have one but studying isn't really lucrative. :P

who cares...

The E21s are lovely. I've always been a fan of the 70/80s BMWs.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Well I'm saving up for this...

mm_gal_item_c2_5.img_resize.img_stage._0

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So I got a job working at Mcdonalds (I know it sucks but it's a job) and I know the car I'm saving up for. Unique and doesn't have a big following it's a 1981 E21 BMW 320i it's a rear wheel drive car powered by a 1.8l 4cyl motor rated at only 101hp 100tq which isn't a lot by todays standards but you gotta realize the car only weighs 2400lbs so it has a lot of get up and go :) I should own it with in the next month or so hopefully the owner is gonna hold it for me

exact same situation, but i still need my drivers license, so I'm going to save up as much as i can until I get my license. only worked 3 days so far!

I would never buy a car made before 2001-ish. I like my airbags and stars. Way too many people die just because they drive some old crap.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Fancy sir. I personally want the new hell cat challenger :P

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I would never buy a car made before 2001-ish. I like my airbags and stars. Way too many people die just because they drive some old crap.

I dont think you really need airbags and ABS and all that shit if you know how to drive. BTW if you know how to brake non-abs cars brake better

If I was to save for a car it'd be the Tesla Model S :P

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I dont think you really need airbags and ABS and all that shit if you know how to drive. BTW if you know how to brake non-abs cars brake better

Just because you know how to drive(know how to drive safely) there are still unavoidable and unpredictable accidents. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

About the same price :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

then please tell that to the insurance companies for me, as I can't afford to drive a car that contains airbags, as the insurance on them for new drivers is impossible to afford unless you have oil magnate parents.

And they wonder why there are so many fatal crashes with newly passed drivers  :angry: 

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Thats where you and I differ lol Air bags= more weight plus I love working on computers but if it's in a car I don't want anything to do with it lol. being an 81' the ECU in it is very simple and just controls the fuel system where as new cars it controls everything lol

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

If I was to save for a car it'd be the Tesla Model S :P

While they're nice to drive [my uncle has one] they really only do 500km on one charge if you drive correctly. Quite useless for longer trips or the US =P Say I want to go to Leipzig which is 700km, do I book a hotel or have a 4h break to charge the car? ^^

@dev893

And Volvo ftw :D They last for ever, my last one died shy of 400'000km. [While my grand cherokee died after 250'000km].

Recently got a C30 2011, 227HP 5 cylinder :D Not very expensive, and in the US they're quite cheap :D Get a 2011 or later R-Design :D

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Its not a matter of knowing how to drive or not. It is that everyone else on the road is a freaking idiot that doesn't know how to drive themselves. When you get into an accident it will be someone else's fault, not yours, and you will probably die without ABS and airbags.

Spoiler

While they're nice to drive [my uncle has one] they really only do 500km on one charge if you drive correctly. Quite useless for longer trips or the US =P Say I want to go to Leipzig which is 700km, do I book a hotel or have a 4h break to charge the car? ^^

700km is kind of along drive...just take a plane.

Spoiler

Cool, a friend of mine has an E21, it's a 320i 6 cylinder in a cream kinda colour.

I'm a fan of classic BMWs but the oldest I've owned was E30 lol

Got a 454 in my truck, going to be painting it orange soon.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Depends on what variant of the car you get. I rarely travel out of state anyway, and charging doesn't take all that long. :P

I can sneak up on people in a Tesla heheheh

Get a chevy big block they sound like pure sex

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

mm_gal_item_c2_5.img_resize.img_stage._0

Nice, make sure to get it in red, by far the best color IMO

Interested in Business and Technology

this is crazy

how much can i sell kindey for, legally? How about both and my liver also?

Dead buy this car. Still worth it.

I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Dead people dont have emotions, so they cant be sorry.

JK, I agree.