hard drive mysteriously fills up by itself, then goes back to normal

badogski29

As the title says, this is a freshly installed system. Installed all the chipset drivers. Im using the chipset drives from the acer website. The amd sata controller driver currently installed is version 1.2.1.296. 

Download spacesniffer.

Open up and do a quick scan, you'll see whats causing it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

ok ill try that, but this is a freshly installed windows? There is nothing installed yet aside from drivers.

Example, the drive right now is sitting with 1.3tb of free space. All of sudden it goes full then goes back to 1.3tb. When the drive is full, system becomes slow and unresponsive. Also the drive is a wd green if that helps.

Example, the drive right now is sitting with 1.3tb of free space. All of sudden it goes full then goes back to 1.3tb. When the drive is full, system becomes slow and unresponsive. Also the drive is a wd green if that helps.

Where did you get your windows files? If you got them from a untrusted place then it could be an edited version of windows causing that.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

No, i downloaded it directly from ms servers. And I've been using the same iso for a long time. 

Where did you get your windows files? If you got them from a untrusted place then it could be an edited version of windows causing that.

Yeah, that doesn't sound normal. It's sounds like some kind of malware doing that. I would find a trusted place to download a Windows ISO disc image and then reinstall Windows. As an old saying goes, it's better to be safe than sorry ;). Good luck! :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

not a malware boys, this is an iso from MS. Also i've experienced this bug before, solved it by installing chipset drivers (which i already did.) Would love to have more inputs to this.

Find out what driver you really need/use (for what chipset). Try to find them on AMD website as well, this will almost alway be a newer version, which might solve your problem. If that doesn't work: look at the acer website for a older driver than you've got installed.

Currently working on a Watercooled Corsair Obsidian 350D (clicky)

Intel i5 4670k, ASUS GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo, 16GB RAM, 3 TB Seagate HDD

I tried amd's driver, same issue. I will try an older driver thank you.

Do you have iTunes installed?

Temporarily disable Windows Indexing and see what effect that has.

Resolution is not just a number, it's two.

Did you have the bug on the same drive or a different drive? What I mean is, was it a WD green drive or something else?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Its a green drive and guys i think i have solved it by using windows 8 drivers. Thanks everyone