HTC One M8 or S5

X1XNobleX1X

Hello forums, 

I'm going to purchase a new phone in the coming week.

I'm leaning towards the HTC One M8, but what do you guys think?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

M8 if you do not want other suggestions,(even though I am a S5 kind of guy) Or the G3!

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

iPhone 5s

I'd recommend waiting for iPhone 6 before making a purchase.

If you're in a hurry I'd recommend M8 because of the assured updates, better UI (Sense) and design (If you like it, personally not a huge fan)

This is coming from a happy M7 user and an unhappy S4 user (because touchwiz is so buggy)

G3 too is a great option, but I'm personally not a fan of LG's UI

Every phone suggested here is better than the S5. However if you like the design of the S5 and can get the Google Play edition, you can go with that.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

HTC ONE M8

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

Personally I look at the whole phone..

What are you using it for?

Media? THe HTC One wins hands down... those forward facing speakers are freaking amazing.

Camera? Look for a pocket camera... they are just better in every way.

Screen? The HTC has a better screen in my eyes. Personally I like an  IPS display better than the AMOLED. They are more natural looking.

Construction? The HTC is aluminum and is better... period. I know that the construction of the S5 is improved - but it still isnt on the same level as the HTC devices.

I bought the HTC One because it fits what I am looking for better.

Finally I would say go to the store and try them both out... check out the look and feel and then chose the one that is best for you.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

m8 or nexus 5

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Look, with the nexus 5 around, I see no reason to spend more. But, if you really want to, go for the htc m8, it's better both hardwarewise and softwarewise. I generally like samsung products but I really hate their phones, they're following apple's trail too closely for my taste.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

HTC One. Samsung is cheap plastic. The HTC One is solid. Both phones are comparable every other way. 

HTC One. Samsung is cheap plastic. The HTC One is solid. Both phones are comparable every other way. 

Build quality does matter... but those forward facing speakers. They really do matter.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

M8

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Build quality does matter... but those forward facing speakers. They really do matter.

I don't know why this isn't more of a thing. 

I will hurt you if you buy an S5.

M8 better overal in features (except for camera, they f-cked up that point)

S5 is a slab of specs which has more numbers  and marketing BS.

But a nexus 5 is also a nice phone but no SD card slot.