sli water cooling leaking. help please.

Go to solution Solved by DEAMONFROST,

Thanks everyone for all the help i will see if this holds up and i will order a ek fc bridge in the meanwhile  and sadly the company i bought this from don´t sell those so i may have to pay for it myself but whatever when you have spent this amount of monet 15 dollars is not that much as an added cost and they are not leaking yet.

Hi i bought this sli watercooling bridge for my two 780 graphics cards: http://www.coolerkit.se/shop/variable-sli-cf-3484p.html

It says it has a tolerance of 18,9mm to 32,6mm between the waterblocks and mine are 26mm away from each other but it still leaks.

I have tried moving the tube up and down but when i move it up it leaks from the bottom and when i move it down it leaks from the top and if i have it in the middel it leaks from both sides.

I have another one of them and it does not leak however i put it and the spacing between the blocks are the same for that one.

Is there a known way of fixing this?

Is it the bridge that's leaking or the fittings? Because the fittings might be causing the leaking.

it might be a bad O-ring. You should make sure that there is O-rings in there keeping the connection water tight.

Is it the bridge that's leaking or the fittings? Because the fittings might be causing the leaking.

It comes from the bridge right where the metal tube meets the fittings.

it might be a bad O-ring. You should make sure that there is O-rings in there keeping the connection water tight.

This ^

It comes from the bridge right where the metal tube meets the fittings.

Can you post a picture of where it's coming from?

This ^

how do i upload a image to this forum?

how do i upload a image to this forum?

Bottom right Conor where it says more options

This ^

This ^

post-6077-0-85860700-1404804799_thumb.jp

And from which part is it leaking?

If you look closely you can see a small drop forming top left of the left one.

If you look closely you can see a small drop forming top left of the left one.

I'm blind and can't tell :(

I'm blind and can't tell :(

If it's that thing at the top left, it's the bridge that's leaking so you might be able to get a return for it where you got it from. Or you can grab some super glue and cover it up. :)

Have you tried doing the fittings by chance? Maybe tighten them up a little bit.

If it's that thing at the top left, it's the bridge that's leaking so you might be able to get a return for it where you got it from. Or you can grab some super glue and cover it up. :)

Have you tried doing the fittings by chance? Maybe tighten them up a little bit.

Well the fittings are tight I am thinking of trying to replace the o rings but i dont know if that will work because i don´t know if i have the correct once to replace em with.

Might just glue em but then they will be difficult to remove later on is there perhaps some lubricant or something that i can smear on there that will keep it from leaking because it is just leaking so slowly, the drop i showed on the picture took about 5 minutes for it to produce.

Well the fittings are tight I am thinking of trying to replace the o rings but i dont know if that will work because i don´t know if i have the correct once to replace em with.

Might just glue em but then they will be difficult to remove later on is there perhaps some lubricant or something that i can smear on there that will keep it from leaking because it is just leaking so slowly, the drop i showed on the picture took about 5 minutes for it to produce.

Lubricant won't seal it. If it's metal super glue will stick but should come off pretty easily. You can compare the O-rings and see if they're replaceable with each other.

Looks like a leaking O'ring to me, is there much resistance in the bridge when you slide it up and down or does it move fairly freely?

There is enough resistance to make me feel like holding the graphics cards with my other hand so they don´t get damaged by the force i have to aply to move the tube.

Lubricant won't seal it. If it's metal super glue will stick but should come off pretty easily. You can compare the O-rings and see if they're replaceable with each other.

Ok if you say so then i might just use glue because it took me about 3 hours to fit it all in there the first time and gluing it should not take that long but if it is leaking will the glue harden?

There is enough resistance to make me feel like holding the graphics cards with my other hand so they don´t get damaged by the force i have to aply to move the tube.

Well if it was me, I'd be taking it out and having a close look at the o'ring and tube, there's really no quick fix for this and it's not worth risking.

^I agree its not worth a slow leak that could possibly kill your rig in time. Depending on whether you can easily get a replacement I would be doing that or swapping to say say a bitspower crystal link set with matching rigid tubing fittings, I use those to link my 2 780's and it looks good and no leaks. 

I took it apart and pulled out the o ring then i looked at it for a while played around with it and could not for the life of me figure out why it did not work because it looks like it sealed it perfectly.

So then i put everything back together and i have had it on now for 10 minutes and it has not leaked yet but i am constantly looking at it in fear every 30th second

Thanks everyone for all the help i will see if this holds up and i will order a ek fc bridge in the meanwhile  and sadly the company i bought this from don´t sell those so i may have to pay for it myself but whatever when you have spent this amount of monet 15 dollars is not that much as an added cost and they are not leaking yet.