So i have been looking at both the corsair hydro h55 quiet edition and the cooler master hyper 212 evo. But i am a bit worried about going with a closed loop cooler even though i know they are supposed to be very safe, however i have heard of people who have had issues with theirs and even had some kill their gpu and other components on theirs pcs. So how dangerous is it and how much better is liquid cooling over air, keep in mind i have an fx 6300 and will only be oc to 4ghz without changing the voltages, using the asus turbo key. Thanks everyone for all of the help.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Low end air coolers> Low end water coolers.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Agree. Listen to this guy.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

So i have been looking at both the corsair hydro h55 quiet edition and the cooler master hyper 212 evo. But i am a bit worried about going with a closed loop cooler even though i know they are supposed to be very safe, however i have heard of people who have had issues with theirs and even had some kill their gpu and other components on theirs pcs. So how dangerous is it and how much better is liquid cooling over air, keep in mind i have an fx 6300 and will only be oc to 4ghz without changing the voltages, using the asus turbo key. Thanks everyone for all of the help.

go with the evo

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

My brother has a 6300 at 4.4 ghz on a asus m5a78l-M mobo. on a hyper 212 it only gets up to 55*C i believe. to only 4 ghz? you could probably even do that on the stock cooler. on the hyper 212, the fan doesnt even crank up at all under load. you will be fine with the evo.

This. And many high end air coolers are about as good as many high end 240/280mm water coolers, while often being cheaper and more reliable.

My brother has a 6300 at 4.4 ghz on a asus m5a78l-M mobo. on a hyper 212 it only gets up to 55*C i believe. to only 4 ghz? you could probably even do that on the stock cooler. on the hyper 212, the fan doesnt even crank up at all under load. you will be fine with the evo.

that's actually the same mobo that i just got. Also it will be my first time oc and i only wanted to go up to 4ghz because i thought the asus turbo key only let you go to 4ghz. Also how the mobo? I haven't gotten to use it because i am still waiting for my 350d to arrive. 

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

If you were ever going to go to the high-end water-coolers, the noctua high-end air coolers would sacrifice like 3 degrees but come with much more silence and be a tad bit more safe.

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

that's actually the same mobo that i just got. Also it will be my first time oc and i only wanted to go up to 4ghz because i thought the asus turbo key only let you go to 4ghz. Also how the mobo? I haven't gotten to use it because i am still waiting for my 350d to arrive. 

eh, people online said it was terrible for overclocking, but like i said, it worked fine up to 4.4 ghz.

its annoying because his computer is getting clsoe to my I5 3570K performance

eh, people online said it was terrible for overclocking, but like i said, it worked fine up to 4.4 ghz.

its annoying because his computer is getting clsoe to my I5 3570K performance

haha well that's good news for me i guess.