The TSA won't let you board some flights unless your devices turn on

Dietrichw

You do know that less than 1% of flights have air marshalls right?

That's something they can change very easily :P

You just have had a stand-off. The terrorist at gun point and the Marshall who can kill one at time or risk the plane being blown up because they said they had a "bomb". Which they didn't have but how would a Marshall have known whether it was true or not?  

Depends, do all of them have bombs. How many are there, is it a dead man switch. Police in America are trained to handle these situations and if they aren't trained well enough make it so. I know that special forces soldiers can take down 3 enemies within a few seconds. The shock of the bullet noise would give a slight delay to a second assailants ability to push the button. There wouldn't be much of a problem if they were trained properly.

We New Zealanders aren't worried about terrorists on our flights. Flying is so convenient and easy. You would probably describe it as pre-911 but less stressful. Maybe you American's could try not being dicks to the rest of the world, and then maybe people wouldn't try to blow you up.

Too little too late I suppose.

lol what in the hell, I've never met a New Zealander with anti-American reasoning like that. First for everything I guess.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

That's something they can change very easily :P

Hiring and training thousands of new employees isn't easy, especially when they will be carrying guns. And it certainly wouldn't be cheap, where would they pull all that money from?

TSA is a joke.

Take our liberty for a little security.

How f'ing retarded.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Hiring and training thousands of new employees isn't easy, especially when they will be carrying guns. And it certainly wouldn't be cheap, where would they pull all that money from?

Police can be repurposed. There a lot of police officers and you could start a program to have them start their transition. Money? Really? The Police in America burn away tons of money all the time. I'm sure they could easily get enough. Go around giving out a lot of tickets and bam funding acquired.

Plus the police in America are already poorly trained to begin with, it's like starting from scratch anyways.

- Guy stands up "I have a Bomb"

- Air Marshall shoots him.

- Flight explodes

Fixed*

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police can be repurposed. There a lot of police officers and you could start a program to have them start their transition. Money? Really? The Police in America burn away tons of money all the time. I'm sure they could easily get enough. Go around giving out a lot of tickets and bam funding acquired.

Plus the police in America are already poorly trained to begin with, it's like starting from scratch anyways.

I agreed law enforcement here is a joke. It makes me super angry.

a bunch of fat fucking pieces of shit who do nothing but cause traffic and more issues then we're expected to praise them because they 'put their life on the line for our country' the majority of people who do it are dumb fucks who can't get another job. same with fucking half the kids who enlist at 18.

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that what they sign up to do isn't a good thing and we need it. but fucking do it right .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed*

Depends on the situation, does he have a dead man switch, can the air marshall actually hit his target and shoot the head rather than the chest where a bomb would obviously be located. All important questions that have to be answered.

Depends on the situation, does he have a dead man switch, can the air marshall actually hit his target and shoot the head rather than the chest where a bomb would obviously be located. All important questions that have to be answered.

I agree re purposing shit fag cops who sit around all day doing nothing to being air marshals would be a good idea. same salary, just free trips.

I agreed law enforcement here is a joke. It makes me super angry.

a bunch of fat fucking pieces of shit who do nothing but cause traffic and more issues then we're expected to praise them because they 'put their life on the line for our country' the majority of people who do it are dumb fucks who can't get another job. same with fucking half the kids who enlist at 18.

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that what they sign up to do isn't a good thing and we need it. but fucking do it right .

They lack the ability to do so with their lackluster training the only respectable law enforcement are those higher up such as detectives and possibly the FBI in some cases. As far as young soldiers, I've heard from military men that training now is a lot easier than it used to be as our more recent enemies aren't considered as high of a threat like they were in the past namely the VietCong and Nazi Germany.

I don't know what the point of all this security is if some kid can sneak on the tarmac and hide in the wheel well.

Or...you know...blow up the TSA checkpoint when they ask the terrorist to turn on their phone? Can't believe nobody has thought of that scenario.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

- Flight continues.

- Guy has hollowed out laptop filled with 3kg of C4

- Guy takes his laptop out of his carry-on

- Guy pushes button

- Laptop explodes

- Not a single survivor

Terrorists aren't idiots.

- Flight continues.

>bullet punctures hole in plane

>rapid decompression

>entire plane-load of people die

>dw he got the terrorist

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think this has more to do with the whole Edward Snowden/NSA thing than anything else. The only reason they would NEED for you to turn a device on is so they can snoop on it. You can xray the device to see it isn't hiding something and they go through bomb sniffers that will alert to even small amounts of particular lotions. My phone is encrypted so all I have to do is turn it off and they will never be able to get in. If they NEED me to turn it on, I will, but I'm not entering the password. If they need to prove that it works they can do that by seeing it won't boot without a password. If they need more than that, they aren't doing it for the reasons they say they are. 

I think this has more to do with the whole Edward Snowden/NSA thing than anything else. The only reason they would NEED for you to turn a device on is so they can snoop on it. You can xray the device to see it isn't hiding something and they go through bomb sniffers that will alert to even small amounts of particular lotions. My phone is encrypted so all I have to do is turn it off and they will never be able to get in. If they NEED me to turn it on, I will, but I'm not entering the password. If they need to prove that it works they can do that by seeing it won't boot without a password. If they need more than that, they aren't doing it for the reasons they say they are. 

Are you really that concerned with the things they'll see you doing on your phone? >.>

What's the worst thing they could see, you sending nudies to your GF?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I feel as though an Air Marshall is the only thing needed to keep flights safe. All of this that they keep doing is overkill and rather pathetic :P

Say they do get past screening with a small, cell phone sized charge. Terrorist has a window seat, planned in advance. Boom.

There's little an air marshal can do.

It might take something a little bigger, but I don't think three layers of Plexiglass would be overly hard to penetrate. They're not overly thick.

So I can't travel with my broken laptop?

And so what if it turns on, can't a laptop be a laptop and a bomb at the same time?

Exactly what I was thinking!

Replace disc drive with hard drive caddy, fill caddy with bomb. | Disassemble laptop battery, replace standard cells with smaller capacity cells, use rest of space for bomb. 

There are so many ways to circumvent this "device functionality check" that it's making my brain hurt. Absolutely ridiculous.

You have just been flagged by the NSA :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Wow! so everyone that is boarding a flight is a possible terrorist? & people are okay getting treated like one?

MURICA!

You are a terrorist until proven otherwise

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

We New Zealanders aren't worried about terrorists on our flights. Flying is so convenient and easy. You would probably describe it as pre-911 but less stressful. Maybe you American's could try not being dicks to the rest of the world, and then maybe people wouldn't try to blow you up.

Too little too late I suppose.

You actually think it's an US only problem ?

Those terrorists hate pretty much everybody and they attack almost every country on this planet including their own countries.

To not have high security on an airport is stupid and ignorant.

Also Air Marshal ?

That makes no sense what so ever you should eliminate the threat before it's on the plane not after.

That's like saying "let's all live in bunkers instead of setting up a missile defence system".

RTX2070OC 

You are a terrorist until proven otherwise

'Murica land of the free! :P

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Given latest reports you don't even need to have your phone on to have it accessible to the authorities, (read it in reputable newspaper trying to find online copy of the article)

oh it seems it was in wired pritty sure i read it in a newspaper too oh well linky http://www.wired.com/2014/06/nsa-bug-iphone/

I'm not american but I can't say I feel this is horrible. It's a shame to people like me that like to buy broken stuff for parts or repair projects, but the fact that a couple minutes of my time means more safety for me and those in the plane seems like a trade I'm willing to make.

Also it might not be to this degree, but I've never been to a concert or sports event where I don't at least get checked for fire arms.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I feel as though an Air Marshall is the only thing needed to keep flights safe. All of this that they keep doing is overkill and rather pathetic :P

Ah but from the airline's perspective that's one extra empty seat that didn't get filled on each flight. Airlines are already bleeding pretty badly so I'm sure they'd fight tooth and nail even having one less seat available. I do however agree with that though. The continued increase in security has shown little to no success at showing that it has stopped any terrorist attempts.

Hmmm, must want to make it easier to spy on us lol

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Say they do get past screening with a small, cell phone sized charge. Terrorist has a window seat, planned in advance. Boom.

There's little an air marshal can do.

It might take something a little bigger, but I don't think three layers of Plexiglass would be overly hard to penetrate. They're not overly thick.

Exactly what I was thinking!

You have just been flagged by the NSA :P

I'll let you know what happens next time I'm flying anywhere.  ;)