Five Four Club Website Is NOT User Friendly

So, I have been putting off going shopping to get some new clothes for months now and after watching the most recent wan show I decided I would give five four club a shot. During the setup I noticed that they added a 25 dollar surcharge for Canadian users, at this point I am already disliking them. Also I could not browse any of their clothing without registering my billing info. So they are asking me to enter my billing info without being able to view any of the clothes I would potentially be receiving or even the faintest idea of how much clothes are included in the bundle. They claim to give me 120 dollars worth of clothes but without seeing any prices for all I know that is 1 shirt. But despite all this I reluctantly signed up thinking that Linus wouldn't recommend this if he didn't think it was good. Now that I have gritted my teeth through this ridiculous process I have access to browse their clothing right? Wrong most of the clothing sections will not load! At this point I am thinking well this sucks I have no way to see what type of clothes I am getting lets try and cancel my order. So I look to see if there is a way to cancel my order which was my intended plan from the beginning if I didn't like the selection of clothes. It says I don't have anything in my order history, so then I am thinking great they haven't charged me yet maybe I can just remove my billing info. Nope it doesn't let me change the credit card so its also impossible to remove my billing info. I am going to have to call in on Monday to try and get this resolved. They also don't show the FAQ unless you are a registered user who has entered billing info at which point it explains how their return policy works which is also terrible, no returns only size changes. On top of all this the site it filled with bugs!! I am wondering what has everyone else's experience with this service been like?

That sucks! Definitely seems like they have a lot of bugs to work out. I'm not really surprised at the added fee to ship to Canada, but I sort of wonder if you're going to get hit with any duty or brokerage fees when it finally arrives to you if one were to sign up.

Also $120 "worth" of clothing? Clothing has an insane mark up on a lot of stuff. They could be saying their tshirts are worth like $50, when let's face it tshirts shouldn't be worth more than $20.

These value boxes, while interesting concepts, have a ton of loop holes.
It's not something I'd ever consider. I do most of my shopping online anyway, so it's easy for me to place orders. I'd also hate to have the same companies brand on all of my clothing.

I wore a lot of Fox stuff in high school and would constantly get asked if I wore mainly that brand because I was sponsored. Yeah. No thanks.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Also, if you don't want to receive a certain types of item ie: shoes, jackets etc. You have to send them an email with your account specified and ask them to flag your account to not receive those items, what a horrible system.

did you mention that you don't even get to try the clothes on first? look of clothing is 50% fit, 

I agree fit is very important but I don't want to wear camo pattern pants, but that's one of the only two pairs of pants I can see from them online. I think it's reasonable to want to see what selection of clothes they have before buying and to have a way to remove my billing info and cancel my subscription without calling customer support.

I've passed along your feedback. Thanks for posting this. We're always looking for viewer feedback on our sponsors, and I'm sure our sponsors appreciate the guidance on how they can improve.

Linus

Looks like Linus-senpai noticed you :P

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

I've passed along your feedback. Thanks for posting this. We're always looking for viewer feedback on our sponsors, and I'm sure our sponsors appreciate the guidance on how they can improve.

Linus

Thanks for your reply :), I just wanted to mention the 25 dollar charge since the service technically costs 85 dollars in Canada and I hadn't seen that mentioned in any of your videos.

Edited: Too many to's.

Another thing is the sizing issue. They don't give out sizing but their pants are either 32 or 34" inseam depending on waist size. I doubt the waist goes past 40". It's not a scam per se but it's very limited. Shortening jeans are a pain and if you get it done professionally you have to build that cost into the price. It's an interesting idea but as usual it's US centric and makes far more sense below the border.

BTW you would be amazed how much clothes cost. T-shirts are between $2.50 and $9 wholesale. Golf shirts $12 to $20. Triple the price to figure out the retail pricing. That $120.00 isn't looking too great.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Lack of information is what killing it for me. I have no issues with someone throwing together a set of clothes for me and sending it off, but I am very particular about what I wear and don't wear. If they had a list of what not to send I wouldn't mind it so much. Also the $120 dollars worth of clothes is little bit vague. I can take $120 get a crap ton of clothes, or I can blow it on a shirt. Basically what is generally sent in the packages would be nice to know.

Linus

I would also love to use it if we were able to make returns for clothing we don't like. Trunk Club lets u do this, but is much more expensive :(

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Lack of information is what killing it for me. I have no issues with someone throwing together a set of clothes for me and sending it off, but I am very particular about what I wear and don't wear. If they had a list of what not to send I wouldn't mind it so much. Also the $120 dollars worth of clothes is little bit vague. I can take $120 get a crap ton of clothes, or I can blow it on a shirt. Basically what is generally sent in the packages would be nice to know.

And looking at unboxings, definitely not $120 worth. And they use their own branded clothes.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.