EA charging money for a demo

Lord_Kitty

Just when you thought that Ubisoft has taken the crown for the worse gaming company, EA strikes back!

The charges a majority of Xbox One users are discovering with the usually free playable demos for FIFA 14 and EA Sports UFC are the result of an "error in the system," an EA Australia representative told Polygon, and should reset back to free within the next 24 hours.

So, its just temporary, supposedly. I guess that might be the fundamental shift they were talking about

Spotted by NeoGAF user WarpathDC, playable demo content for FIFA 14 on Xbox One was listed as $4.99. EA Sports UFC and FIFA 14 playable demo content was listed on Xbox One as $6.65 for Australian accounts when Polygon checked. EA Australia told Polygon that the error isn't on the PlayStation Network, but if it was, it's been rectified already.

The demo for EA Sports UFC launched for free on June 3 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and pits Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson against each other. The EA Canada-developed title was released June 17 on PS4 and Xbox One. Be sure to check out our review and our report on why Bruce Lee appears in the game.

The FIFA 14 demo was released Sept. 10 ahead of its full launch on Sept. 24 for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, and at launch for new generation consoles. Watch our video review of FIFA 14 and our FIFA 15 preview from E3 2014

IZ9ap6q.jpg

Source: Reddit, and http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/4/5870363/xbox-one-ea-charges-for-fifa-14-ea-sports-ufc-demos-error

Its only on xbox one and EA have said its a mistake and will be corrected sensationalist titles :L

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

It was an error, it happens. Big deal.

Can't pass up an opportunity to flame EA. ;)

You can't spell steal without EA. 'Nuff said.

stEAl

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

You can't spell steal without EA. 'Nuff said.

Nor can you spell great without EA. (joking of course) 

Rig - Processor: Intel core i5 3570k @4.3GHz, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX, GPU: XFX HD 7950 DD, with a Kraken G10 and Kraken X40, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4x4GB, HDD: Seagate 1.5TB, Cooler: Xigmatek Prime SD1484, Case: Phantom 530

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer 24-inch 1920x1080, Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4, Mouse: Logitech G9x, Headphones: Turtle Beach PX21, Mousepad: Steelseries QCK

stEAl

yUQMdGT.png

well it is a mistake... i definitely did not pay for my ufc demo...

CPU: core i7 3930k @4.2ghz- MOBO: ASUS P9X79- GPU: GTX 680 2gb Reference SLI- SIMM: 8gb Kingston hyperX genesis 1600mhz- HDD/SSD: Seagate Baracuda 1.0tb/OCZ agility 3/ Vertex 2- CASE: corsair graphite 600T- COOLER: corsair H100- PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850w- FANS: Noctua NF-F12.

look at the new MGS game...........that was a demo

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

look at the new MGS game...........that was a demo

^ True and that was $30

Wonder how long until this becomes the norm?

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Wonder how long until this becomes the norm?

People have been paying for demos for several years. What do you think pre-order betas essentially are? They sure as heck aren't real beta builds of a game.

What if EA tested it by purposively making a demo cost a bit, and as soon as shitstorm raises from news media / social media / wherever else and then quickly revert it back to being free and saying that they didn't do it?  :ph34r:

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

People have been paying for demos for several years. What do you think pre-order betas essentially are? They sure as heck aren't real beta builds of a game.

Yep, also, early access. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

This is true! 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Ubisoft was getting lonely in that deep hole they dug.  EA decided to join them and keep them company.

People should stop making such a big deal about this, it was a mistake. It was not on the PS version so it obviously was just mess up, and nothing more.  I know everyone seems to be trying to hate EA with all their might but come on this is irrelevant and unfair.

Can't pass up an opportunity to flame EA. ;)

I know that they many times deserve what happens to them but this was not intentional and you should not blame them. We making fun of them when they do not deserve it.

I know that they many times deserve what happens to them but this was not intentional and you should not blame them. We making fun of them when they do not deserve it.

Lol what!? I dont see them feeling bad for screwing us over all the time...

Ubisoft was getting lonely in that deep hole they dug.  EA decided to join them and keep them company.

Actually I think Ubisoft joined Square Enix and EA was feeling left out 

I say that because the game Sleeping Dogs has had Horrible issues with th PC version since release in 2012 and Square Enix has yet to fix it

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

Lol what!? I dont see them feeling bad for screwing us over all the time...

I am not saying anything about the past at all. All I said was about this specific case and I do not regret saying that. Just because someone unintentionally made a mistake we should not rage on them for what they do not deserve. Accidents happen and it was fixed within a day that they were aware of it.

Everyone bashing EA, I think Valve has done much worse by allowing early access. Considering your paying for a very early alpha of a game. Oh yeah, and valve wont refund you if the company goes belly up.