Minecraft Amplified World Type Kills my CPU?

So I opened minecraft and tried the World Type "AMPLIFIED" on the new snapshot 14w27b.

I have settings on fancy with render distance at 16 chunks. Everthing max.

Of course my GPU could handle this, but my (3570K 4.2GHz) ran at 85%. And whenever it hit 100% it would cause the game to freeze until it went back to 85%.

Is the new Amplified world type (In the new snapshot) just so CPU hungry that a 3570K can't handle it? (Anyone with a 6-core try?) Or is the new snapshot super unstable?

If it really is just super CPU hungry, I think this would be a great CPU test.

EDIT: If you wait like 7 mins. and then start rendering more chunks there is much less freezing, but it still happens.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

They are meant to kill your computer...

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

They are meant to kill your computer...

When it was implemented in 1.7.2 I was able to run this no problem though.

Lol a game as a CPU test. 

<p>CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.0 GHz | GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: 500GB | Case: Corsair SPEC-02 Red |PSU: Corsair 750W | OS: Windows 7 64-Bit | Mouse: Corsair M65 (Black) | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (Black w/ Brown Switches)

I blame java being a horrid language.

Maybe it runs on the same principle as minesweeper. if you put it on max settings it tends to light computers on fire.

Have you tried removing java then reinstalling it or even run it in the browser.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Amplified world type is terrible performance wise because minecraft terribly optimized. Don't fret if you see bad performance in it. I have an i7 that handles it really well, but noticeably less fps than regular. For amplified I allocate 8gb of memory to the game and it really helps the CPU usage as well as framerate and stability during worldedit. 

Minecraft should always have 4+ anyway. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

You'd try multi-core fix with optifine, It'd be a HUGE difference.

Optifine + 6 GB of RAM allocated (which I don't thing they'll be used :P) and enabling multi-core chunk loading on a G3220 for example = HUGE PROFIT, It can handle nicely (VSync of course :P) with barely no FPSdrop (at least didn't notice). CPU usage BTW, it stawed at 50-75 % instead of 80-100 %

Sintiacutetulo_zps5081c31c.png

He's right! why did none of us mention that? Besides adding more ram, you could use optifine. For intel CPUs it makes a HUGE difference, and a good fps boost. I'd recommend not turning on multicore chunk loading for amplified worlds though for an i5. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Maybe it runs on the same principle as minesweeper. if you put it on max settings it tends to light computers on fire.

Have you tried removing java then reinstalling it or even run it in the browser.

You have not be able run minecraft from the browser for about 10 months

Amplified world type is terrible performance wise because minecraft terribly optimized. Don't fret if you see bad performance in it. I have an i7 that handles it really well, but noticeably less fps than regular. For amplified I allocate 8gb of memory to the game and it really helps the CPU usage as well as framerate and stability during worldedit. 

Minecraft should always have 4+ anyway. 

I get 60FPS, it's just the freezing that was the issue.

The lagometer spikes whenever the screen freezes, also, to allocate more RAM to minecraft do you start it with a batch file like with minecraft servers?

Well what do you have to say.... you are dealing with minecraft, which doesn't have the world's best optimization. And two it is a snapshot so don't expect everything to run without bugs and glitches.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/