LG G3 vs Samsung S5

So I am going to finally make a choice on a phone, now I want the help of the community to help me list down the Pros and cons of the devices, last time I narrowed down to the S5 from the M8 vs the S5, now that the G3 came out and I had to delay my phone purchase, I am comparing these two, So what are the pros and cons of both the G3 and S5?

Edit: I also especially want to know how the battery life is on both phones, I need a long battery.

Edit #2: I will only buy a phone near end of August.

(Please do NOT recommend other phones, I need a removable back cover.)

Just list the pros and cons like

G3

Pro: Blah blah

Cons: Blah blah

Thanks in advance for your help.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

You can't buy the G3 yet.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

If you want long battery life, why don't you buy a nexus 5?

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

You can't buy the G3 yet.

They already sell it in my country on all carriers :P

Nexus 5 here, costs S$600, they don't sell it on play store, On contract I can buy a G3 for S$498 or S$248 depending on which plan I take.

(Nexus 5 is not available in my carriers)

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Why would you recommend a Nexus 5 if the HTC One has a better battery life. Also its out of the question...he needs a removable back

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Get the G3, the G3 software is better than the Touchwiz crap!  If you get a Samsung you will regret it for the rest of your life!  Touchwiz is the worst and should be burned in a fire never to be seen again, Touchwiz makes the S5 feel as slow as a $50 smartphone because its so heavy and junky.  

Now, that changes if your a hiker or adventurer/frequent traveler.  The S5's heart rate monitor and water resistance makes it a solid option if your on the go and or often use your phone in the shower like some people.  

In short.

LG G3: If you want a sleek device, with lots of functionality and you care about a sleek, beautiful and fast experience on a smart phone the G3 is for you, If you like to show off your device the G3 is for you.

S5:  If you want a device that is going to withstand some abuse the S5 is a solid option, If you dont mind not getting any updates and bearing touchwiz, the s5 once again, is a solid option.  If you want to use your phone in the shower and browse the forum you are able to with the S5.  

LG G3

Pros: Good Camera takes good pictures duh and fast focusing when taking shots

Display is razor sharp and and good looking

LG's software is not overly bearing like the GS5

THOSE BEZELS CHECK THEM OUTZZZZZ

Cons: Even it has thin bezels the phone is still pretty big and awkward 

2560x1440 is more of a spec stunt than anything right now

Contrast is out some bit.

With that QHD display comes tons of processing and that leads to heat issus (which has been sited by many reviewers)

Galaxy S5

Pros: Best AMOLED display in the business

Camera can take amazing pictures

Waterproofzzzzzzzzz

Touchwiz got calmed down.... abit

Cons: Ugly ass design             

Though TouchWiz did get calmed down it's still overbearing and has some useless features and options

Stutters here and there in some apps like the Stock Gallery

Though the Camera takes good pictures, that only equates to daylight. The camera struggles in low light.

No OIS in the camera.

My recommendation I would go with the G3.

$$金Trill金$$

-snip-

Thank you! You did something the rest did not do! :D Also how is the battery life? for the G3, I know the S5 has 8 hours, is the G3 close to that? Thanks, Also most likely will not use 3G/4G alot 

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Get the G3, the G3 software is better than the Touchwiz crap!  If you get a Samsung you will regret it for the rest of your life!  Touchwiz is the worst and should be burned in a fire never to be seen again, Touchwiz makes the S5 feel as slow as a $50 smartphone because its so heavy and junky.  

Now, that changes if your a hiker or adventurer/frequent traveler.  The S5's heart rate monitor and water resistance makes it a solid option if your on the go and or often use your phone in the shower like some people.  

In short.

LG G3: If you want a sleek device, with lots of functionality and you care about a sleek, beautiful and fast experience on a smart phone the G3 is for you, If you like to show off your device the G3 is for you.

S5:  If you want a device that is going to withstand some abuse the S5 is a solid option, If you dont mind not getting any updates and bearing touchwiz, the s5 once again, is a solid option.  If you want to use your phone in the shower and browse the forum you are able to with the S5.  

Thanks for organising the good points too![forgot to use multi-quote] I don't mind touchwiz UI, since I have used in, and actually like touchwiz compared to sense 6[You can call me crazy but thats how I like it] but I love the G3's UI, display, look and button placement, plus the heart rate monitor is useless to me, and I don't hike or do physical activities with my phones, even if they could handle it, I just don't take the risk

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

i have bought only 3 android phones and all of them are galaxy (ace,s2, and i bought yesterday note 3 neo ) so you know what i recommend...:P

if you know how to install a custom firmware you can make this phone way better (i hate touch-wiz too) and i also hate the fact that Samsung puts so much bloatware  

Right now you would ask why i buy them? 
It is simple i like the "recipe" of the samsung the hardware buttons ,the design(i dont like the cover for s5 but you can buy another one on ebay),i like the medium to amazing audio and camera and at the neo i love the s pen 

i hate the nexus for not having an sd slot (trust me that's the only reason i did not buy it....(the neo has the same price with a nexus 5 in my country)) 

i would not go with the lg because of the really hight resolution

i have bought only 3 android phones and all of them are galaxy (ace,s2, and i bought yesterday note 3 neo ) so you know what i recommend... :P

if you know how to install a custom firmware you can make this phone way better (i hate touch-wiz too) and i also hate the fact that Samsung puts so much bloatware  

Right now you would ask why i buy them? 

It is simple i like the "recipe" of the samsung the hardware buttons ,the design(i dont like the cover for s5 but you can buy another one on ebay),i like the medium to amazing audio and camera and at the neo i love the s pen 

i hate the nexus for not having an sd slot (trust me that's the only reason i did not buy it....(the neo has the same price with a nexus 5 in my country)) 

i would not go with the lg because of the really hight resolution

I see your point, the main but I won't install a custom software immediately because it will break the terms of my contract and warranty, but I do know how to do it, since my S2 has it, and it has been causing trouble with charging

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Get the G3. Not only does it look better and have less useless bloatware, Samsung is getting a monopoly of the market and we need to stop them.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Is the battery good though? I mean yes it is all great and all, but will the battery last? I won't bring a back-up battery most of the time(due to forgetfulness) so I want to know will it have similar battery life to a S5

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

In short.

The Heart rate monitor is just a gimmick. It has been tested and basic apps can do the same by using flash + camera. Have a look at it here: 

I see your point, the main but I won't install a custom software immediately because it will break the terms of my contract and warranty, but I do know how to do it, since my S2 has it, and it has been causing trouble with charging

ohhh yes i keep my phones stock for the first month 

The Heart rate monitor is just a gimmick. It has been tested and basic apps can do the same by using flash + camera. Have a look at it here: 

the cam + flash app wastes so much battery but who the hell needs a a heart rate monitor at his/her phone ?

personally i dont see a big improvement from s4 to s5 only a whole lot of gimmicks  

the cam + flash app wastes so much battery but who the hell needs a a heart rate monitor at his/her phone ?

personally i dont see a big improvement from s4 to s5 only a whole lot of gimmicks  

That's my point. I don't think the S5 is really worth the money. It "gives" you a lot of new gimmicks with not really an added value for the general public. I'd give my money to something else. 

ohhh yes i keep my phones stock for the first month 

I keep it for atleast 1 and a half years, if I root it my contract would be gone of I brought to them, they are very strict with rooting and contracts

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Is the battery good though? I mean yes it is all great and all, but will the battery last? I won't bring a back-up battery most of the time(due to forgetfulness) so I want to know will it have similar battery life to a S5

it is probably mostly identical since there is nothing that is using a lot of power most of the time 

$$金Trill金$$

>Long battery life

>Nexus 5

The Nexus 5 only has a 2,300mAh battery, and that's not that large at all. If you want a phone that's powerful and has a long battery life, get the G2/G3, which both have a 3,000mAh battery.

COMIC SANS

>Long battery life

>Nexus 5

The Nexus 5 only has a 2,300mAh battery, and that's not that large at all. If you want a phone that's powerful and has a long battery life, get the G2/G3, which both have a 3,000mAh battery.

Nexus 5 does not have a contract in my country, costs S$600 plus, does not have removable battery or sd card slot So that is out of the question, But I think I will go with the G3

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

The G3 !!!

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Haha, the Nexus 5 does not have a long lasting battery.

LG G3

Pros: Good Camera takes good pictures duh and fast focusing when taking shots

Display is razor sharp and and good looking

LG's software is not overly bearing like the GS5

THOSE BEZELS CHECK THEM OUTZZZZZ

Cons: Even it has thin bezels the phone is still pretty big and awkward 

2560x1440 is more of a spec stunt than anything right now

Contrast is out some bit.

With that QHD display comes tons of processing and that leads to heat issus (which has been sited by many reviewers)

Galaxy S5

Pros: Best AMOLED display in the business

Camera can take amazing pictures

Waterproofzzzzzzzzz

Touchwiz got calmed down.... abit

Cons: Ugly ass design             

Though TouchWiz did get calmed down it's still overbearing and has some useless features and options

Stutters here and there in some apps like the Stock Gallery

Though the Camera takes good pictures, that only equates to daylight. The camera struggles in low light.

No OIS in the camera.

My recommendation I would go with the G3.

Why didn't you mention that the S5 is bulky and awkward? It's the same size as the G3.

The high resolution screen isn't what leads to the heat issues. It's an LG problem. I had the same issue with my Optimus G.

You can install a launcher to get rid of a lot of the TouchWiz garb. It won't affect your warranty or contract, it's simply a launcher.

So...why do you want a removable back if you don't plan on carrying around a replacement battery?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Haha, the Nexus 5 does not have a long lasting battery.

Why didn't you mention that the S5 is bulky and awkward? It's the same size as the G3.

The high resolution screen isn't what leads to the heat issues. It's an LG problem. I had the same issue with my Optimus G.

You can install a launcher to get rid of a lot of the TouchWiz garb. It won't affect your warranty or contract, it's simply a launcher.

So...why do you want a removable back if you don't plan on carrying around a replacement battery?

I replace them yearly, Simple as that. They de-grade fast, plus nexus 5 is S$600plus here so its a big no no

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

I replace them yearly, Simple as that. They de-grade fast, plus nexus 5 is S$600plus here so its a big no no

You must do odd things to your phones if you go through batteries that quickly. I've never had that issue with degradation.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red