Thoughts on GIGABYTE's P35Wv2-CF1

tsaiko

Hey everybody, I've been looking to replace my laptop with something that's got a little more kick (in the gaming department that is), is relatively slim and offers more portability. 

The two main contenders for this role were MSI's GS60 GhostPro and GIGABYTE's P35Wv2-CF1. 

After doing a bit of research, I'm leaning towards GB's laptop.

I was wondering what y'all's opinions are.  :)

PS - Is it worth getting 16GB of RAM? Or is 8GB enough for gaming and just general use? And do SSDs help that much with gaming if at all?

870M is very hot gpu. I would go with MSI's Ghost.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

What's your budget? (In the currency that you use) And while SSDs dont inherently improve gaming performance, if the games are loaded onto the drive it can significantly increase loading times but more importantly if the OS is loaded onto it, the whole system just feels infinitely times more responsive and swift. They're a great addition to any system, especially with the price decreases. 

@ZetZet: Throughout the reviews I've read about MSI, I heard that their laptops tend to be a bit on the hot side. :/

MSI's Ghost comes with an 860M graphics card, right? Does that not get hot either (after let's say 5 hours of gaming)?

@Intervalence: My budget is $2300 USD. At least, that's the price for all the bells and whistles that I would *like* to have when customizing on xoticpc. 

And by bells and whistles, I mean things like "No dead pixel guarantees", highest amount of RAM available (16GB), upgraded SSD size (from default of 128 to 250GB; I'm looking at the Samsung 840 EVO), etc.

@Intervalence: My budget is $2300 USD. At least, that's the price for all the bells and whistles that I would *like* to have when customizing on xoticpc. 

Gotta love them bells and whistles