Need laptop for Sister

Since for the last 5 years my laptops have been bought for me by my work, I really don't have any knowledge of what is currently out there and I don't really have a ton of time for research.

I need to get my sister a laptop pretty soon. What would you recommend? My budget in 600-700 dollars. She wants it to be reasonably thin and light. Power is no issue here. She doesn't do much beyond internet browsing and school work.

Battery life, portability, and build quality/durability are the three main goals here. I would also consider any decent laptop/tablet transformers as long as they don't require a stand of any kind to remain upright.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Er... A Chromebook? They're like $199.99 a pop. This is pretty much the bare minimum and I don't know much about laptops so...

homepage-promo.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Er... A Chromebook? They're like $199.99 a pop. This is pretty much the bare minimum and I don't know much about laptops so...

-snip-

I have the Acer C720 and i love it!

I am a happy wuffy

I have the Acer C720 and i love it!

I love your avatar.

So... Anyone else have suggestions?

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I love your avatar.

So... Anyone else have suggestions?

im going with chromebook too my mum has one its good

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Go for a chromebook!

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

Since for the last 5 years my laptops have been bought for me by my work, I really don't have any knowledge of what is currently out there and I don't really have a ton of time for research.

I need to get my sister a laptop pretty soon. What would you recommend? My budget in 600-700 dollars. She wants it to be reasonably thin and light. Power is no issue here. She doesn't do much beyond internet browsing and school work.

Battery life, portability, and build quality/durability are the three main goals here. I would also consider any decent laptop/tablet transformers as long as they don't require a stand of any kind to remain upright.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

A refurbed Macbook Air is the only logical choice.

The cheap chromebooks are made from plastic.