AMD officially launches A10-7800 Kaveri APU

Dietrichw

Source

f85a3817e489bc5adb5beb9f6615261d.png

In order to put a bit more pressure on Intel's Core i3 Haswell lineup, AMD has now officially introduced the newest A10-7800 FM2+ socket APU which will be based on 28nm Kaveri architecture.

Featuring four Steamroller CPU cores, the A10-7800 does not feature an unlocked CPU base clock multiplier like the A10-7850K APU but does come with a slightly lower 65W TDP. It packs 4MB of L2 cache, works at 3.5GHz base and 3.9GHz TurboCore CPU clocks and features Radeon R7 series GPU with 512 GCN2 cores and 720MHz base clock.

The A10-7800 is a part of the second batch of AMD Kaveri APUs, which also includes the A4-7300 and the A6-7400K, which has recently showed up for pre-order. 

ummm nice I guess, but can't say anything until I've seen the prices.

Good news for poor people.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Its funny people even care about apu's.

To get stronger CPU's its a bit like gpu's basicly throw more transistors and better arhitecture efficiency and voila better cpu each generation.These amd APU's are the same since ever... all they do is tweak stuff around and beef the graphics but in the end its the same crappy old bulldozer 3.0 4 core cpu and R7 gpu, boring id say.

Not bad I might actually go for one of these. Now if AMD could extend the dual graphics crossfire functionality to more cards to squeeze even a little bit more out of a 270 for example, we'd be in business.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Not bad I might actually go for one of these. Now if AMD could extend the dual graphics crossfire functionality to more cards to squeeze even a little bit more out of a 270 for example, we'd be in business.

if you wanted to have that, you would have to have APUs iGPU capabilities similar to those of r9 270

Its funny people even care about apu's.

To get stronger CPU's its a bit like gpu's basicly throw more transistors and better arhitecture efficiency and voila better cpu each generation.These amd APU's are the same since ever... all they do is tweak stuff around and beef the graphics but in the end its the same crappy old bulldozer 3.0 4 core cpu and R7 gpu, boring id say.

in comparison with consoles apus, very booring yes

we will see what future brings. id like 20nm and 20 CGN 2.0 compute units or better

they are limited to graphics cards that use DDR3 memory, with GDDR5 it creates to many timing issues with the difference in memory speed

I want a 290 in an APU, amd pls

and why not a R9 295X2 in an apu ?  :lol:

Whatever happened to the configurable TDP A8 7600?

Good news for poor people.

That's not really fair to say. Not everyone has the need to spend lots of a PC even if they could.

and why not a R9 295X2 in an apu ?  :lol:

We'd need something like PGA6000 (6000 pin socket) for the massive die size and coolers that are NH-D14s with watercooling radiators also connected to the block that doubles as a heatsink :P. After that CPU needs two 8 pin ATX connectors and the two PCIe 8 pins, then the rest of the board is taken up by VRMs :P

We'd need something like PGA6000 (6000 pin socket) for the massive die size and coolers that are NH-D14s with watercooling radiators also connected to the block that doubles as a heatsink :P. After that CPU needs two 8 pin ATX connectors and the two PCIe 8 pins, then the rest of the board is taken up by VRMs :P

Finnally take use of EATX boards and haf stacker! Then if you want to heat house in winter just overclock.

Finnally take use of EATX boards and haf stacker! Then if you want to heat house in winter just overclock.

Well I did an artists rendition (ms paint...):

qDifp2r.jpg

Not bad for a 5 minute job with paint ;)

Well I did an artists rendition (ms paint...):

Not bad for a 5 minute job with paint ;)

Not enough ULTRA DURABLE!!!

The funny part is that 4 socket apu would still be under a top single gpu gaming machine nowdays.

same i want good performance in a compact small machine using an apu

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Not enough ULTRA DURABLE!!!

The funny part is that 4 socket apu would still be under a top single gpu gaming machine nowdays.

I think with 5x the die space AMD could pull off a 6 core + approx 1700 gcn cores with around r9 280 performance, but we'd still have to deal with ddr3 unless they make motherboards with no pcie slots to compensate for space to put 3gb worth of chips :P (which isn't a terrible idea with such a powerful integrated gpu).

But the problem would still be the cooling :P

I think a 240mm rad could run it without OC. Just.

I think with 5x the die space AMD could pull off a 6 core + approx 1700 gcn cores with around r9 280 performance, but we'd still have to deal with ddr3 unless they make motherboards with no pcie slots to compensate for space to put 3gb worth of chips :P (which isn't a terrible idea with such a powerful integrated gpu).

But the problem would still be the cooling :P

I think a 240mm rad could run it without OC. Just.

240 would be perfect for that kind of apu

something like a cube ITX build would be awesome.

If I could dislike your post, I would.

Why lol?

My PC

inb4 1000W TDP using the world's remaining ice caps to cool it

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Just a thought: I know it's virtually impossible that it would ever happen but I'd like to see intel colaborate with Nvidia to change their underpowered APU parts to i5 + tegra k1 or even a maxwell if they release a bigger socket since that would be still hard to cool but a lot more feasible.

Think about it, an i5 and a 750 within a single chip, that would be amazing for small systems, laptops, etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Why lol?

I find what you said offensive

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I find what you said offensive

Because..?

My PC