4790K temps high for idling or not?

Hello Linus comunity.

I am running a 4790k with h100i configured at push pull with 4 sp120 performance edition.

I was getting around 35 degrees at idle with the stock h100i thermal paste and i though that was too high so I used Arctic mx-4 and now I get 36/37C at 4.4ghz.

I dont know whether thats too high or not. also all fans are at 750rpm.On bios and rog front base it says my temperature is 32C but on realtemp and corsair link it says 37. I am so confused right now I dont know which one is correct.

any ideas?

after posting this I checked again and now it jumps up to 40 and 38ish. =S

It really isn't the idle temps that matter, the only temperature that matters is the load temperature

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

It really isn't the idle temps that matter, the only temperature that matters is the load temperature

Any way to check the temps under load? Maybe any gaming or something

Prime95

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

gaming or video editing

Prime95

this too

You haven't checked if your overclock is stable with AIDA or Prime?

prime 95 

You haven't checked if your overclock is stable with AIDA or Prime?

I haven't overclocked my cpu, 4.4ghz is the turbo boost on 4790k

I am getting 64degrees at 1200rpm, is this any good?

I am getting 64degrees at 1200rpm, is this any good?

can you upload a picture of you rig??

Prime95

prime 95 

Did they fix the issue with P95 drawing too much voltage and killing CPU's? 

can you upload a picture of you rig??

What  exactly do you want me to take a pic of?

What  exactly do you want me to take a pic of?

just a side shot with door off to see fans airflow

just a side shot with door off to see fans airflow

Well ive got a 750d with the stock 2 front fans (intake), on the bottom i got the af120 led (intake), at the back af140 (Exhaust) and the h100i push/pull with sp120 as an exhaust. at max fan speeds with p95 im getting no more than 66C as i am typing this.

Also generally you should use aida64 instead of prime95 for stress testing haswell. Both however will draw more voltage if you are using adaptive voltage in your bios. Your temps are a little warm but not that bad. What are your ambient temps? as if it is quite warm then those temps would likely be within the normal range

I haven't overclocked my cpu, 4.4ghz is the turbo boost on 4790k

oh of course still check if it's stable with AIDA and check the max temps during the test run it for around 4 hours if it does not blue screen then your CPU is fine and probably has no heat issues.

Hello Linus comunity.

I am running a 4790k with h100i configured at push pull with 4 sp120 performance edition.

I was getting around 35 degrees at idle with the stock h100i thermal paste and i though that was too high so I used Arctic mx-4 and now I get 36/37C at 4.4ghz.

I dont know whether thats too high or not. also all fans are at 750rpm.On bios and rog front base it says my temperature is 32C but on realtemp and corsair link it says 37. I am so confused right now I dont know which one is correct.

any ideas?

as other people have stated idle temps arent really the issue its the load temps. you need to see the load temps by playing the games or programs that you normally use and also use a synthetic tester like AIDA64 and IntelBurnTest dont use Prime95 as i have heard that it adds extra volts to the haswell chips which adds even more heat to the cpu

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

I've just skimmed the thread so apology in advance if I missed it. What are your ambient room temps? Your idle temps will always be higher than ambient unless you are using refrigeration. So if your in a really hot stuffy room, doesn't matter what cooling you have, your base temps will be high.

I've just skimmed the thread so apology in advance if I missed it. What are your ambient room temps? Your idle temps will always be higher than ambient unless you are using refrigeration. So if your in a really hot stuffy room, doesn't matter what cooling you have, your base temps will be high.

I get around 65 degrees using p95 and fans set on max. Idk the exact ambient temp but I'd say it was warm ish. I get around 40 to 50 degrees gaming on bf4.