Should I wait for Broadwell MacBooks?

So I was planning on saving for a MacBook this Summer-Fall but I don't know if I should get the Haswell MacBook models or the Broadwell models which come out next year.

Even in that case i think i could be getting cheaper prices on the Haswell models.

So the question is: Buy a Macbook now with Haswell, or get a Broadwell MacBook next year?

http://strawpoll.me/2017647

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

Buy it now if it is on sale

hellooooooooo

Unless the Broadwell macbooks feature something groundbreaking or you need the extra performance, buying whatever now is probably better if you'd rather have it in your hands than sit and wait. If you wanna look at it as "getting your money's worth", you can jump at a price drop or sale and it'd be worthwhile to buy one w/Haswell. If neither is important or applicable, there's nothing I can say against just waiting for them to be released.

Dunno if you're replacing a different macbook or what, but that's what I'd be doing if I were you.

I wouldn't buy a macbook, but that's just me I suppose... I say wait and get a haswell model for cheaper.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Unless the Broadwell macbooks feature something groundbreaking or you need the extra performance, buying whatever now is probably better if you'd rather have it in your hands than sit and wait. If you wanna look at it as "getting your money's worth", you can jump at a price drop or sale and it'd be worthwhile to buy one w/Haswell. If neither is important or applicable, there's nothing I can say against just waiting for them to be released.

Dunno if you're replacing a different macbook or what, but that's what I'd be doing if I were you.

I am hoping to replace my desktop PC with that macbook. Going to buy a eGPU enclosure to run with Windows when i am at home or stationary and using Mac OS without the eGPU when i am on the go.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

I wouldn't buy a macbook, but that's just me I suppose... I say wait and get a haswell model for cheaper.

If you don't recommend Macbooks can you please list laptops that are better? I've been looking a while but they're aren't of examples that are really that much cheaper.

If you don't recommend Macbooks can you please list laptops that are better? I've been looking a while but they're aren't of examples that are really that much cheaper.

This is a good one, the only thing that's missing is an ssd, but considering it's so much cheaper than a comparable macbook you can facture in another 150 bucks for a 240gb ssd if you need it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This is a good one, the only thing that's missing is an ssd, but considering it's so much cheaper than a comparable macbook you can facture in another 150 bucks for a 240gb ssd if you need it.

How is this "so much better"? It has a much lower resolution screen and the lack of the SSD. The processor is faster, that's it. The screen is an awful resolution for a 17.3in screen and its twice as heavy as the 13in retina. 

How is this "so much better"? It has a much lower resolution screen and the lack of the SSD. The processor is faster, that's it. The screen is an awful resolution for a 17.3in screen and its twice as heavy as the 13in retina. 

It's much cheaper than a mac with those specs, even if you add the ssd later... if you only care about 1440p on a notebook, then get a mac, I just think you're wasting your money.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's much cheaper than a mac with those specs, even if you add the ssd later... if you only care about 1440p on a notebook, then get a mac, I just think you're wasting your money.

2950 mAh battery on 17-inch and  quad-core CPU. Thats a joke, right?

how about an Aspire S7-392

$$金Trill金$$

how about an Aspire S7-392

Costs about the same and isnt better.

Its $1000. My retina 13in mac was $1100. It might not have as good a processor, but I've used those Asus laptops before. The keyboard and trackpad are nowhere near as good and as I said the screen on the mac is way way better. Plus the mac has an SSD. So I'd say the mac is way better for the money. Especially considering that Asus laptop isn't even that good for one that weighs twice as much.  

Its $1000. My retina 13in mac was $1100. It might not have as good a processor, but I've used those Asus laptops before. The keyboard and trackpad are nowhere near as good and as I said the screen on the mac is way way better. Plus the mac has an SSD. So I'd say the mac is way better for the money. Especially considering that Asus laptop isn't even that good for one that weighs twice as much.  

It weighs more because it has a bigger screen... either way it's your money, in your place I'd go for the asus, but it's your choice.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It weighs more because it has a bigger screen... either way it's your money, in your place I'd go for the asus, but it's your choice.

Just saying. but I would be better off building a rig with that money and with that size...

Since the battery life doesnt get you anywhere.

The only thing better about that laptop is its processor. You said, "Its so much cheaper than the mac". Of course it is. It's not as good. It's build quality is less, its keyboard is not as good, the trackpad on the mac is worlds better, the screen on that laptop is awful. It's 17.3in and has a resolution of just 1600x900. And that laptop doesn't have an SSD. You put an SSD in that laptop and its price is exactly even with the macbook pro retinas. And to top it all off, its twice as heavy because of that large garbage display. 

You can say you would rather choose that laptop over a mac, but that's your opinion. Do not say its much cheaper and much better when it is clearly not. 

The only thing better about that laptop is its processor. You said, "Its so much cheaper than the mac". Of course it is. It's not as good. It's build quality is less, its keyboard is not as good, the trackpad on the mac is worlds better, the screen on that laptop is awful. It's 17.3in and has a resolution of just 1600x900. And that laptop doesn't have an SSD. You put an SSD in that laptop and its price is exactly even with the macbook pro retinas. And to top it all off, its twice as heavy because of that large garbage display. 

You can say you would rather choose that laptop over a mac, but that's your opinion. Do not say its much cheaper and much better when it is clearly not. 

I said "it's your choice". The cpu is better and it IS cheaper. I said I would go for the asus. Nothing wrong on my side. Why do you keep answering? I gave you a suggestion, you didn't like it, fine, buy what you want. Forums are there so people can give opinions to those who ask them. I gave you mine, do what you want with it. Embrace it or ignore it. I don't care.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Also it's not only about the cpu. It's about the balance of the laptop. It may be good in the cpu part but it has so many downsides.

No

I'd wait for broadwell. the current line of macbooks (except the retina MBPs) were outdated when they released a year ago. Even the retina MBPs are a bit dated. fanless macbook airs and much better battery life across the board is expected with the release of broadwell macbooks. I'm waiting on my next macbook purchase for broadwell.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

i think the biggest thing i like about my mac is that the battery life lasts 10+ hrs, where as my windows machine would last maybe  5-6. apples software does alot of cool tricks in the background that truly helps the battery life, I use a windows desktop and a macbook for portability since i know my macbook wont break.

Im actually considering upgrading to a broadwell cpu myself, since there is a chance for them not to have a fan needed for the cpu or if there is one then the noise from it wont be very loud, also not having a fan running will also allow for longer battery life since thats one less moving part in the system. 

Only real benefit for going windows is the extra apps or games you could install, and the touch screen options, which rumors have it that the next upgrade to apple will be the touch screen which i hope holds true.

So yes you could get a pc for cheaper and hopefully it will last for your next upgrade, or buy a mac that is sturdy and has a high re-sell value since they are still a hot product that people know will last.