450d Top Mounted Radiator Clearance

Hey all. I was looking into getting a Corsair Obsidian 450d. It looks real nice and fits perfectly on my desk, however, along with the new case I am also looking into getting a CPU water cooling loop in. I was intiay looking at adding a H60 into the rear exhast, but would it be possible to mount a longer radiator at the top. I have a Asus P8z77-LX2 motherboard which has, higher than the rear I/O heatsinks, which are a pain and have seen them causing issues with fans on rads.

So, my question is; Does anyone know whether I could add a radiator with fans in the top of a 450d without any clearance issues with my mobo?

Many thanks.

I know in linus' review of the case, he claimed an H105 wouldn't fit up top, but that's all I've heard.  You could always just check the measurements yourself.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I know in linus' review of the case, he claimed an H105 wouldn't fit up top, but that's all I've heard. You could always just check the measurements yourself.

I have looked for the measurements but I haven't found any. Ill measure the distance from the stand off screw and the edge of the board and see if there is measurement for the top standoffs and the top of the case.

Thanks for the reply.

No measurements? Not even on Corsair's Website? Weird.

Apparently I have 800 posts now! Cool!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

@going2far

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

you'd have a limited space of roughly 60mm from the top of motherboard to the roof.

so a 35mm radiator (30mm is standard) and a fan set.

so this rules out any push/pull ideas.

http://youtu.be/WLEX-ylG318

see 13:40 for explanation of clearance.

@going2far

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

you'd have a limited space of roughly 60mm from the top of motherboard to the roof.

so a 35mm radiator (30mm is standard) and a fan set.

so this rules out any push/pull ideas.

http://youtu.be/WLEX-ylG318

see 13:40 for explanation of clearance.

Thanks for the reply. Great!