"Japan unveils 'world's first' android newscaster"

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.slashgear.com/japans-new-robot-newscaster-cruises-the-uncanny-valley-25335080/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGaBQZ195tA

O_O

They look so...real, and they sound almost...normal. It's almost a bit scary...but really cool. The only thing throwing them off is the way they're moving (or lack thereof). Still though, it's pretty neat that they've come this far, but there's obviously a bit of fine tuning left to go. Now if we can just combine this with

, well, that would just be awesome.

Either way, lots of progress in the field of robotics, and it just goes to show that we're close to making robots that can talk and act like humans...almost.

japan-androids-600x337.png

COMIC SANS

inb4 rule34 news bots

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

OMGG !!!!!!!! so real 

CPU: AMD 5790t Motherboard: Gigabyte Forumlar XII RAM: Ah Whole set of it GPU: GTX 290x Ti Storage: Ah Ton of HDD PSU: Once it on Display(s): Well I still seeing pixels Cooling: It running COOL BRO Keyboard: *click* *click* Mouse: MORE *click* Sound: OHH DE BASEE

Uncanny valley is strong with this one.

Great. I was about to go to sleep and now I know what I will have nightmares about.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I prefer a simple android with not so noticeable human characteristics, that's creepy.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I thought they were awful, like a half arsed job, asimo FTW.

Remember this is from 5 years ago, I love the way he puts his hands out when something is close.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

well..... i was not expecting this. so much uncanny valley here.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Eliza Cassan anyone?

Yep.

ElizaCassanNewss.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

They are pretty uncanny. Great job on the voices and movements but their eyes still looks dead and their movements are still too stiff.

he even has one of himself, this would scare the shit out of me

In the video, when he is sat next to himself... the android..looks so scary, I kept expecting it to suddenly turn to look at him, and strangle him to death or something

hiroshi_ishiguro_ge_258984c.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't understand the necessity for them to look so "human"... just build an android and don't spend the money on those looks. I prefer the Asimo robot that @mr moose mentioned.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I don't understand the necessity for them to look so "human"... just build an android and don't spend the money on those looks. I prefer the Asimo robot that @mr moose mentioned.

I want ASIMO to read the news he is cute :)

( did I just describe a robot as cute?)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I want ASIMO to read the news he is cute :)

( did I just describe a robot as cute?)

ASIMO has that effect on people,  I think it's because the creators have spent more time giving him human traits rather than trying to make him look human.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

ASIMO has that effect on people,  I think it's because the creators have spent more time giving him human traits rather than trying to make him look human.

Yeah he is human enough without being creepy

for some reason human looking ones look like they are going to kill people and suddenly become like really human

I love ASIMO too...

These new ones look terrible why they try to make them look human with bad rubber and makeup.

I want a Hatsune Miku personal robot servant :wub: . ( HA IVE SAID IT,whatcha gonna do now?)

I thought this was going to be an automated news generator program running on Android OS, this is much more disturbing :(

I was thinking the same thing.

Much disappoint.

Do they have one that looks like Summer Glau?  Cause I want one that looks like Summer Glau.  ;)

I love ASIMO too...

These new ones look terrible why they try to make them look human with bad rubber and makeup.

I want a Hatsune Miku personal robot servant :wub: . ( HA IVE SAID IT,whatcha gonna do now?)

I'd let a Miku android "serve" me, if you know what I mean.

The video link is dead :/ but they look pretty realistic and its sort of scary.

Luckily you can catch some of the video on the latest WAN Show.

COMIC SANS