what way to apply thermal paste on 8350 cpu?

as title says, should i use the rice method, or whatever method for the 8350 cpu?

Diamond 5 in League :)

I'd say a little bit bigger than a grain of rice. I think the rice method is based off of Intel CPU's which are physically smaller. 

pea method = best (how i did it)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

i apply a thin vertical line and it worked best for me

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Doesn't matter as long as there is thermal paste on the cpu, there is no wrong or right way.

I normally put a small ball in the center and put the heatsink directly on top and let that spread it out.  (By the way Good CPU, I have the same and it has never had any issues)

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Dot in the middle about 6mm then apply the cooler straight down.

(By the way Good CPU, I have the same and it has never had any issues)

Have you ever heard of many issues with any CPU? 

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

It doesn't matter too much anyway to be honest, just put enough on there and you'll be fine.

Compatible with Windows 95

5 die dot? or just a thick line through the center or the X cross

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

i apply a thin vertical line and it worked best for me

pea method = best (how i did it)

The pea method is for Intel CPUs which have the cores in the middle. AMD CPUs use the 'X' because their cores are in 4 different spots.

is there such a thing as too much? i did an x.

Diamond 5 in League :)

One litlle dot in the middle.

Make sure it's a dot and not a dot with a small line attached to it.

you should have enough thermal paste for multiple installations, so why not just install it with whatever you think is the right ammount and then unmount it to see how it has spread. Then you can redo it and adjust the ammount accordingly.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

is there such a thing as too much? i did an x.

I would consider using the whole tube too much. If the paste is conductive you can kill the CPU

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb