Do you think the Steam Summer Adventure is rigged/biased?

DIV1D3

So, umm, I just looked at the point scoring and I found that team Blue is at 1M points, and every other team is at 230K or less. I want to know if you guys recon this is complete madness. One of my friends thinks that each team is going to win 2 times each, 10 days, 5 teams. But really every single day there has been a team that has one by either a decent amount or an extraordinary amount (about 400K to 700K excluding day 1 and 2). 

So, what do you guys/gals think about this?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Apparently there's a sizable number of people on Reddit who are in fact trying to rig it so that every team gets a chance to win twice.

Hmmmm, well at least I might have another chance of winning again. I'm on the Purple team btw, joined halfway through day 2 so I didn't get the chance to be chosen for day 1 :'(. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Rigged? Yes.

Unfair? No.

Edited to biased, wasn't great word choice on my behalf. 

Yeah. It helps smaller teams like Blue, who wouldn't normally win thanks to Titans like Purple or the Red-Green-Pink alliance.

Didn't know there was an alliance lol. I don't think Purple is a titan though, has only gathered about 1.8M points whereas Blue has gathered about 2.3M. 

It is rigged so that every team wins twice. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Also I'd like to know what you guys/gals have as your top 3 games in your wishlists. I have CoD: AW, Wolfenstein: The New Order and Dead Rising 3. 

Also I'd like to know what you guys/gals have as your top 3 games in your wishlists. I have CoD: AW, Wolfenstein: The New Order and Dead Rising 3. 

I have COD 4, Dead Rising 3 and Black Ops 2.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

someone tell me what this team thing is please?

Everything is told in the Summer Adventure page.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

It's a gimmick Valve is using to get people more involved with the summer sale by giving away a couple free games to random people on a "team" whether it's rigged or not honestly makes extremely little difference.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

It certainly seems rigged, but that's probably for the best. Otherwise one team would probably end up winning nearly every day.

1. Assetto Corsa

2. GRID Autosport

3. Wolfenstein: The New Order

Steam: SolvingJunk

YouTube: SolvingJunk

Twitter: @SolvingJunk

Yeh as @PassionFruit said you'll find everything on the Steam Store page. If you don;t have Steam installed than here's the link: http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/summer2014faq/

Anyways, it's 11pm here in Aus, so I'm off to bed, hopefully Purple can get another win and give me a chance at dem three games :)

I reckon it is rigged so that every team wins once (these first days), then it actually is a free for all for the last five days.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

Giving away 3 games to a couple of people when their user base is in the millions doesn't mean much to me.

I'm sure the fees for the people trading the stupid cards is more than enough to give out 10x as many games as they are. Probably more.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I think its rigged. Or atleast unfair atm.

I was watching the Scoreboard for 5 minutes now and for some reason the scores go backwards...

▼ Im with Stoopid

I was watching the Scoreboard for 5 minutes now and for some reason the scores go backwards...

That's because you can steal points from other teams. 

Here: http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=summer+consumable

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Giving away 3 games to a couple of people when their user base is in the millions doesn't mean much to me.

I'm sure the fees for the people trading the stupid cards is more than enough to give out 10x as many games as they are. Probably more.

Definitely, the amount of money made from the fees of trading cards would be astronomical. They'd get about 1 cent every card traded, so if there are 5 million people that on average sell/buy quite a few each you'd be rolling in cash. 

I think its rigged. Or atleast unfair atm.

Yeh, as @Vitalius pointed out you can steal points from other teams. You can steal 100, 500 or 1,000 points. You can also buy tokens that give your team points too.

Also they've changed who wins what now, 1st place team has 30 members that get 3 games, 2nd place team has 20 members that win 2 games, and of course 3rd place team has 10 members that win 1 game. My friend must be a psychic because he even said that something like this would happen, lol. 

Funny now that everyone says every team will win 2 times looks like red is going on 3rd and won 2x in a row.

Funny now that everyone says every team will win 2 times looks like red is going on 3rd and won 2x in a row.

Yeah is playing out how I thought it would with it being rigged the first days and now it real. Notice they changed the way prizes work after every team won once.

Once valve changed the rules of the game, the plan pretty much fell apart in the attempt that everyone won twice. I think now its rather impossible for any other team to win since red team is on a winning streak and no doubt there probably have been people that jumped ship to red team once they saw red was winning so by a relatively significant margin. So red combined with more people and no doubt lots of big wallets, i wouldn't be surprised if they win the rest of the game or at least a couple more days.

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

LOL my red team blows, but I can't even win anything cuz I cnanot od points and im level 2.

Potato.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

LOL my red team blows, but I can't even win anything cuz I cnanot od points and im level 2.

Potato.

Just craft a badge. :|

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.