Petitioning Ubisoft about the recent rumor, support is appreciated

I signed and shared it on Twitter.  Ubisoft is garbage.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Don't think this would make a difference. We will notice that they changed once they give us another statement with Far Cry 4 and say that the graphics on the console look just as good as it does on PC on Low/Medium settings. 

You're basing this on a rumour from a small time website and no response from Ubisoft.

And it's just stupid to think that Sony or MS care about the PC version.

You're basing this on a rumour from a small time website and no response from Ubisoft. And it's just stupid to think that Sony or MS care about the PC version.

It might be a rumour, but after the incidents of watch dogs it really isn't that hard to believe. Sony and Microsoft will probably only care about how the PC version compares to their consoles versions, as if the difference is massive the players will obviously want to move to PC.

if you want to make a point that actualy matters then dont buy games on pc or any other platform that they publish. 

It's lazy to think like that, because alongside boycotting them you could be making a public ordeal, don't assume everyone else won't buy the game 

Another good way is just don't buy it, them not rolling around in absurd amounts of money will send a much stronger message than some small insignificant change.org petition which is currently based of nothing but rumours. 

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

It might be a rumour, but after the incidents of watch dogs it really isn't that hard to believe. Sony and Microsoft will probably only care about how the PC version compares to their consoles versions, as if the difference is massive the players will obviously want to move to PC.

Every single friend of mine that plays video games on a console knows that the PC version is prettier. They still play on console because it's not nearly worth the effort to build and play on a PC.

Noone seriously doubts that the PC version is prettier, and sony and Ms know that. Thinking that they do is like thinking that every PC gamer is hard core PC masterrace

Every single friend of mine that plays video games on a console knows that the PC version is prettier. They still play on console because it's not nearly worth the effort to build and play on a PC.

You need more friends.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Noone seriously doubts that the PC version is prettier, and sony and Ms know that. Thinking that they do is like thinking that every PC gamer is hard core PC masterrace

It totally is worth it m8. We have better everything.

It totally is worth it m8. We have better everything.

They're video games. They don't really matter.

You need more friends.

Do you have any console gaming friends?

Do you have any console gaming friends?

I used to, one of them can't get Bungie's dick out of his mouth for long enough to actually buy a gaming PC. I also know the most ultra "dude" gamer ever which leaves and breathes anything CoD (he literally puts down the better part of his paycheck to pay for preorders and special editions) All people on my household game exclusively on consoles. The list goes on and on. 

Life is bigger than gaming.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I think you posted this in the wrong forum, let alone for the wrong reason.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

They're video games. They don't really matter.

Yeah, but for the money, PC offers way better everything.

Yeah, but for the money, PC offers way better everything.

And apparently devs/publishers make more out of pc games too, so one has to wonder what the motivation is for any dev to intentional ignore the wishes of pc enthusiasts.  I reckon it's one of the following:

1. LTT represents the absolute minority of pc gamers

2. There is a whole other side to game development that hardly anyone knows about but everyone thinks they do

3. There is shitloads more money to be made from consoles than pc due to market trends we are not aware of.

or possibly even that:

4. They have discovered putting that extra little bit of effort into the pc port of a game doesn't actually increase the profits so why bother.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I hate to say it, but this is why we have game reviews.

Pre-orders are there to try to get your money before you realize the product you want isnt the product you get.

Caveat emptor

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I have a better idea.

How about you don't buy anything from Ubisoft until they change their attitude.

I have never seen a petition on the internet work for anything. I have seen people not giving money to them anymore making a company change their ways.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

And apparently devs/publishers make more out of pc games too, so one has to wonder what the motivation is for any dev to intentional ignore the wishes of pc enthusiasts.  I reckon it's one of the following:

1. LTT represents the absolute minority of pc gamers

2. There is a whole other side to game development that hardly anyone knows about but everyone thinks they do

3. There is shitloads more money to be made from consoles than pc due to market trends we are not aware of.

or possibly even that:

4. They have discovered putting that extra little bit of effort into the pc port of a game doesn't actually increase the profits so why bother.

Your points 2 and 3 could be true (I can't speak for every person, nor do I know how much money is made off of games).

However, PC's offer more than what consoles do, which is why my point is 100% true. You can get work done (work in this context ranges from school work to actual work) and play games - something you simply can't do both of on consoles. Then there's the peripheral choices (monitors, mice, controllers, etc), configuration/setup choices, game mods/tweaks, arguably a bigger, more mature community (you do have to look for it though). There could be more points I could make, but whatevs.

As for your "dev to intentionally ignore the wishes of PC enthusiasts" comment, I'll put it in a spoiler because it may or may not be what you're talking about.

I would say this, assuming you mean in the context of not bringing certain games to PC or not giving the PC certain graphical features: If a game is revealed (such as Watch Dogs and The Division) that has actual next-gen characteristics (higher-res textures, better lighting, more immersive environments and so on), yet come release day and the PC version maxed out somehow looks like the console version, there's something wrong. A game that's revealed in 2012 that looked like Watch Dogs did doesn't all of a sudden "need to be toned down because it could cause fidelity loss or distract from the game" (paraphrased quote from Ubisoft's Watch Dogs excuse). Someone had to have intentionally turned off and toned down the features and intentionally make the PC version run like pure ass for what it looks like. If the interview with a developer for The Division that says Ubisoft just cannot have such a huge gap of graphical fidelity between consoles and PC, which in turn makes them gimp the PC version, that's not good for the PC customers because we have systems that can run the full game, yet we're not getting it.

If you're more referring to why console exclusives don't come to PC when the PC community has a demand for it, there's contracts between the publishers and the console makers (Microsoft, Sony and possibly Nintendo) to not have certain games on different platform for the sake of boosting console sales in exchange for money (the console makers paying the publishers for the exclusivity), which is again, bad for the market of PC gamers. I haven't been part of the PC community for too long (only a few years) but I'm already tired of the excuses. We have PC's that can run these truly amazing looking games, yet we're going to get gimped versions because publishers and console makers don't want to see the tears of their fangirls.

Your points 2 and 3 could be true (I can't speak for every person, nor do I know how much money is made off of games).

However, PC's offer more than what consoles do, which is why my point is 100% true. You can get work done (work in this context ranges from school work to actual work) and play games - something you simply can't do both of on consoles. Then there's the peripheral choices (monitors, mice, controllers, etc), configuration/setup choices, game mods/tweaks, arguably a bigger, more mature community (you do have to look for it though). There could be more points I could make, but whatevs.

As for your "dev to intentionally ignore the wishes of PC enthusiasts" comment, I'll put it in a spoiler because it may or may not be what you're talking about.

I would say this, assuming you mean in the context of not bringing certain games to PC or not giving the PC certain graphical features: If a game is revealed (such as Watch Dogs and The Division) that has actual next-gen characteristics (higher-res textures, better lighting, more immersive environments and so on), yet come release day and the PC version maxed out somehow looks like the console version, there's something wrong. A game that's revealed in 2012 that looked like Watch Dogs did doesn't all of a sudden "need to be toned down because it could cause fidelity loss or distract from the game" (paraphrased quote from Ubisoft's Watch Dogs excuse). Someone had to have intentionally turned off and toned down the features and intentionally make the PC version run like pure ass for what it looks like. If the interview with a developer for The Division that says Ubisoft just cannot have such a huge gap of graphical fidelity between consoles and PC, which in turn makes them gimp the PC version, that's not good for the PC customers because we have systems that can run the full game, yet we're not getting it.

If you're more referring to why console exclusives don't come to PC when the PC community has a demand for it, there's contracts between the publishers and the console makers (Microsoft, Sony and possibly Nintendo) to not have certain games on different platform for the sake of boosting console sales in exchange for money (the console makers paying the publishers for the exclusivity), which is again, bad for the market of PC gamers. I haven't been part of the PC community for too long (only a few years) but I'm already tired of the excuses. We have PC's that can run these truly amazing looking games, yet we're going to get gimped versions because publishers and console makers don't want to see the tears of their fangirls.

your first paragraph in the spoiler is exactly what I am saying, although I think there are many truths that are just relevant in the second paragraph.

I can't resolve why they would piss of pc gamers to this extent without good financial rewards for doing so.  ergo there must be more to it than what we see on the surface.

your first paragraph in the spoiler is exactly what I am saying, although I think there are many truths that are just relevant in the second paragraph.

I can't resolve why they would piss of pc gamers to this extent without good financial rewards for doing so.  ergo there must be more to it than what we see on the surface.

Probably. I just wish there was some transparency from the developers, but that ain't gonna happen - I think if they were, PC people would be even more pissed.

In my thinking, I would hate Ubisoft less if they just didn't even put those games on PC that they plan on gimping. PC deserves better than intentionally gimped games just because consoles can't run it, lol.

They may be doing it as a cash grab, the console being the focal point of their development and the PC just being extra income with less work having to be done.