So Who Wants to Built A PC Within a Desk?

MarQue98

Alright so some of you probably now l3p d3sk and Red Harbinger. 

those two projects got me inspired to design my own PC-Desk, so that's what i did.

Now i've made one straight desk, and one angled. I personally think the angled one looks a little cooler, but the water is going to have to travel a lot further so i think the straight one is more practical.

Here are the parts I would put in:

Regular Parts:

CPU: Intel Core i 7 4770K (goin' mainstream)

MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula (because she looks a-ma-zing)

RAM:Corsair Dominator 2 x 8GB kit (still mainstream ;) )

PSU: Seasonic X-850, 'cause of the Zero Db Fan feature

GPU: 2 x EVGA GTX 780 (who has a budget these days..)

Cooling:

Fans: 11 x bitfenix Spectre Pro Red Led 120mm

Some bitspower silver fittings

straight tubing for the win

Swiftech MCP655 Pump

3 x Bitspower Water Tank Z 400ml Reservoir

2 x Alphacool NexXxoS 480mm radiators

And now, for the blocks..:

CPU: XSPC RayStorm

GPU'S: XSPC Razor 780 V2

RAM: XSPC Memory Waterblock (dat name though :0)

- put an LED in them and they will shine :D

really if you don't know what those blocks look like, look them up.

now, without any further ado, here are some pictures. 

but first, i want to say please don't  focus too much on the details, i'm not that reat with google sketchup and it's more for the general idea.

now, enjoy..

post-81583-0-99491600-1403499610_thumb.p

post-81583-0-19749700-1403499639_thumb.p

post-81583-0-56230800-1403501052_thumb.p

post-81583-0-35164400-1403501070_thumb.p

post-81583-0-19093800-1403501081_thumb.p

post-81583-0-83549100-1403501096_thumb.p

post-81583-0-82274300-1403501105_thumb.p

post-81583-0-53014800-1403501116_thumb.p

post-81583-0-68281400-1403501126_thumb.p

I would LOVE to build this beast myself, but as a 16 year old, spending 3000 bux on a pc isn't going to happen any time soon, although this is something i definitely will do in my life.

i will include the download link for my sketchup file so you can mess around and maybe change the color of the build, i think green will also look nice. haven't tried that though.

again, if this does get picked up and someone wants to build it, maybe with a sponsor or whatever, go ahead, i'd love to see this system running.

the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz88eqfgxzew8ez/Red%20PC%20Desks.skp  

please tell me what you think, and, if you guys are still around in 10-15 years, i can guarantee you i'll be building it myself.

That's all folks, thank you for your time!

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

those two projects got me inspired to design my own PC-Desk, so that's what i did.

Now i've made one straight desk, and one angled. I personally think the angled one looks a little cooler, but the water is going to have to travel a lot further so i think the straight one is more practical.

Here are the parts I would put in:

Regular Parts:

CPU: Intel Core i 7 4770K (goin' mainstream)

MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula (because she looks a-ma-zing)

RAM:Corsair Dominator 2 x 8GB kit (still mainstream ;) )

PSU: Seasonic X-850, 'cause of the Zero Db Fan feature

GPU: 2 x EVGA GTX 780 (who has a budget these days..)

Cooling:

Fans: 11 x bitfenix Spectre Pro Red Led 120mm

Some bitspower silver fittings

straight tubing for the win

Swiftech MCP655 Pump

3 x Bitspower Water Tank Z 400ml Reservoir

2 x Alphacool NexXxoS 480mm radiators

And now, for the blocks..:

CPU: XSPC RayStorm

GPU'S: XSPC Razor 780 V2

RAM: XSPC Memory Waterblock (dat name though :0)

- put an LED in them and they will shine :D

really if you don't know what those blocks look like, look them up.

now, without any further ado, here are some pictures. 

but first, i want to say please don't  focus too much on the details, i'm not that reat with google sketchup and it's more for the general idea.

now, enjoy..

post-81583-0-99491600-1403499610_thumb.p

post-81583-0-19749700-1403499639_thumb.p

post-81583-0-56230800-1403501052_thumb.p

post-81583-0-35164400-1403501070_thumb.p

post-81583-0-19093800-1403501081_thumb.p

post-81583-0-83549100-1403501096_thumb.p

post-81583-0-82274300-1403501105_thumb.p

post-81583-0-53014800-1403501116_thumb.p

post-81583-0-68281400-1403501126_thumb.p

I would LOVE to build this beast myself, but as a 16 year old, spending 3000 bux on a pc isn't going to happen any time soon, although this is something i definitely will do in my life.

i will include the download link for my sketchup file so you can mess around and maybe change the color of the build, i think green will also look nice. haven't tried that though.

again, if this does get picked up and someone wants to build it, maybe with a sponsor or whatever, go ahead, i'd love to see this system running.

the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz88eqfgxzew8ez/Red%20PC%20Desks.skp  

please tell me what you think, and, if you guys are still around in 10-15 years, i can guarantee you i'll be building it myself.

That's all folks, thank you for your time!

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

looks amazing!

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

Lovely! How will you support the back of the desk? 

My Rig: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Damn! I would love to see this in action!

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

That large, angled piece of glass for the corner desk would probably be really expensive on its own. Anyway, this PC would look amazing if you decide to build it.

What if I tell you that a 16 year old can go get a summer job and easily earn $3000. Like I did ;D Shame I didnt know about this website last year :L 

That look just awesome! BUT I dont really like that empty space on the right side..maybe it will be full of drives? I dont know :P

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

Lovely! How will you support the back of the desk? 

there is a fifth leg in the back corner :)

That look just awesome! BUT I dont really like that empty space on the right side..maybe it will be full of drives? I dont know :P

yeah that kinda bugged me aswell. i thought about putting the psu there but i don't think the cable will be long enough (especially on the angled one) and i don't want to run a ton of extenders :/

so the same problem goes for putting the drives there. i'll think about it, maybe i can come up with something 

What if I tell you that a 16 year old can go get a summer job and easily earn $3000. Like I did ;D Shame I didnt know about this website last year :L 

wow what kind of work did you do. Where i live it's either working in a shop, where you can't work very long per day and can't work everyday, so that doesn't make much money per week, and there is work that you can do for like 8 hours a day 6 days a week but those last just 3 weeks, so that also won't get the job done. haha, get it, job done.. because we're talking about jobs =D         anyways.. 

yeah that kinda bugged me aswell. i thought about putting the psu there but i don't think the cable will be long enough (especially on the angled one) and i don't want to run a ton of extenders :/

so the same problem goes for putting the drives there. i'll think about it, maybe i can come up with something 

You can put something else like another computer or like a console or some old hardware. I think that if you put the main hardware in the center and all the radiators and reservoirs on the sides it will look better and less empty. Just an idea really ;)

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

You can put something else like another computer or like a console or some old hardware. I think that if you put the main hardware in the center and all the radiators and reservoirs on the sides it will look better and less empty. Just an idea really ;)

you mean putting the board "above" the keyboard, where the 3 tubes are running? if so that kinda defeats the purpose for me because i really wanted those 3 tubes running there ;)

But i'll make another sketchup model and see how it looks 

you mean putting the board "above" the keyboard, where the 3 tubes are running? if so that kinda defeats the purpose for me because i really wanted those 3 tubes running there ;)

But i'll make another sketchup model and see how it looks 

Oh ok I didnt know that. maybe you can place the main hardware on one side and the reservoirs on the other? or some reservoirs one one side and some on the other? 

Oh ok I didnt know that. maybe you can place the main hardware on one side and the reservoirs on the other? or some reservoirs one one side and some on the other? 

putting reservoirs on the other side aswell made a light bulb appear above my head :P think that would look really nice, i'll work it out later (tonight?)

but first, homework has to be done.. 

HOW DO YOU MAKE THEM!?? ive tried and i fail all the time

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

HOW DO YOU MAKE THEM!?? ive tried and i fail all the time

you mean how did i make the desks in sketchup? well it helps that you can download most components because other people build- and uploaded those

For the tubing, Follow Me tool is your best friend :)

most important thing is patience, it took me like 3 weeks to complete what you're seeing at the top of this page

3000$ ? For a "summer job" ? as a 16 yo ? :lol:  I couldn't sell a kidney for that much...

Should render the schetup not just take screenshots

i'm not familiar with that so it'll take a while before those are uploaded 

Maybe you could, you know, just for giggles, put the guts of a flatbed scanner there? That'd be pretty sweet.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.