Browns Or Blues

RudigerGatt

Hey guys, i posted before and thinking of getting a Logitech G710, I love it due to the media keys and the looks, it seems like a good investment. One problem though i love the clicky sound of the bluy keys. the ducky seems good although why is it so expensive for such a 'basic' keyboard ( i dont  know much about it so correct me please if im wrong). What do you think guys i dont want to regret it and the blue sounds amazing. are the browns very quiet? what good options are there for blue key switches something nice :)

It's expensive because it's well built. 

More features do not necessarily make for a better product.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

i have reds and i don't regret nog going for blues

The Ducky looks basic but once it's in your hands you'll realize it's anything but.  Also, via the function key you have multimedia controls on the Ducky Shine II.  No macro keys but you can accomplish that with free-ware.  Here is my one Ducky Blue MX right next to my Corsair Red MX.  The Ducky is my favorite for typing and the Corsair is for gaming and typing while I game.

post-17816-0-90365800-1368733056_thumb.j

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

cm storm tk

i5 3470 | MSI B75MA P45 | 8GB Value Ram | Plextor M5S 128GB | Sapphire 7850 | WD Blue 1TB | SF 600W Gold | CM Storm Scout II

where can i buy duckies? i want one with blue switches and white led but tiger imports doesnt have and is that the nicest? ;) 

Here is my one Ducky Blue MX right next to my Corsair Red MX.  The Ducky is my favorite for typing and the Corsair is for gaming and typing while I game.

How do you feel when you switch from the mx blue to the mx red kb? do you actuate the keys accidentally or something like that?

btt

I had an MX blue ducky and it was AMAZING to type on, best keyboard i have ever owned.

But while the click was very helpful for typing, while gaming it annoyed me a LOT. Especially if you are plaing a horror game or anything where you want to get emersed in the game as much as possible, the clicking was very distracting, which is why I sent it back, but I use open headphones so if you use closed ones that is probably not an issue for you.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

If you don't mind both English and Chinese characters then there are some available.  I purposely picked up my Ducky Shine II TK with blue backlight and Brown switches as the Chinese version cause it just looks really nice.  Here are some direct links:

http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=13676

The one I have but mine is blue backlit:  http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=13693

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

Do they ship all over the world?

How do you feel when you switch from the mx blue to the mx red kb? do you actuate the keys accidentally or something like that?

btt

I had an MX blue ducky and it was AMAZING to type on, best keyboard i have ever owned.

But while the click was very helpful for typing, while gaming it annoyed me a LOT. Especially if you are plaing a horror game or anything where you want to get emersed in the game as much as possible, the clicking was very distracting, which is why I sent it back, but I use open headphones so if you use closed ones that is probably not an issue for you.

They are distinctly loud.....which is why you get two keyboards.  One TKL red for gaming & one full blue for writing.  Some go midway and get Browns but I like the Blues too much.  I ordered a Brown TKL for travel myself so really everyone should have at least 3.   ;)

They are distinctly loud.....which is why you get two keyboards.  One TKL red for gaming & one full blue for writing.  Some go midway and get Browns but I like the Blues too much.  I ordered a Brown TKL for travel myself.  You won't regret it  ;)

If you had to pick only one keyboard, would you choose the brown switches? I am a student and don't have enough money to buy 3 mech keayboards XD

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

you'd have to try them all yourself.

I've tried springs, blue, brown, and red.

browns were fine to start with.

bought a blue and hated it.

found a model m at a goodwill and thought it was too stiff.

finally traded a blue board for a red board and love it.

if you can't try any out, i'd probably say browns are a safe bet.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

you'd have to try them all yourself.

I've tried springs, blue, brown, and red.

browns were fine to start with.

bought a blue and hated it.

found a model m at a goodwill and thought it was too stiff.

finally traded a blue board for a red board and love it.

if you can't try any out, i'd probably say browns are a safe bet.

Yes, red or brown but if you're typing a lot and like a slight tactile threshold then II would lean toward Brown.  Some people hate Blues do to the noise but I have yet to encounter anyone fanatically hating Browns or Reds.

Best bet buy Blues as people saying they are very loud and way overdone generic following gives you a warning from Admin ;)

Blue create a sharp clicky sound while the browns create sort of a dull clicky sound. The browns makes noise unless you are very good in typing on mechanical keyboards and touch type and avoid bottoming the keys then they can be pretty quiet.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Should I go for cm storm?

The CM Storm Trigger is a good keyboard but I don't like their software because it is very bulky and in order to use of the the cm keys as a windows key you would need to set it. But overall, this is a pretty nice keyboard with its usb ports and this is pretty solid because it has gone through a durability test :): 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

hey guys im burnt out, tiger imports have ALOT of things out of stuck, the cm storm i dont know, are filco just as good as ducky?

hey guys im burnt out, tiger imports have ALOT of things out of stuck, the cm storm i dont know, are filco just as good as ducky?

Yeah, but (at least here where I live) filcos are a bit more expensive than ducky and the filcos that are availible don't have backlighting, haven't used a Filco.

#KILLEDMYWIFE