What should happen to people who ding up your car in parking lots?

Sammael

For the very young, the big city types, or the beater/first car crowd, this is a non issue.  But for the rest of us, you know what happens.  That nice shiny new car you bought, gets parked in the parking lot.  Some asshole, or some assholes kids open a door wildly and DENT city begins.  No notes are ever given of course to contact their insurance.  They just eff up your property you paid for and no one is the wiser.

It's a fact of life, and until we make dent proof cars, let's just decide what the best way to handle these people is.

I am torn between castration and public flogging. The first is a bit harsh and also permanent, but then have you SEEN some of the dent marks that happened to my car ??!?!?!?!?!?  Screw them.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

That's why you get two cars. One you keep in perfect condition and the other that takes the beating.

Or just let it take the beating and repair the damages a decade down the road.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

This is why I park away from everyone else and just walk a few extra feet, lol.

I do agree that something should be done, somehow to those people. If only I had one of them Watch Dogs phones..

That's why you get two cars. One you keep in perfect condition and the other that takes the beating.

Or just let it take the beating and repair the damages a decade down the road.

looks at location, sees silicon valley, realizes talking to big bank hank

why-dont-poor-people-just-buy-more-money

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

dont park by people

You would think that would be enough.  Take a look at this shot a bmw owner took:

CIMG4822.jpg

Here is his quote from some other forum:

"This past December I was in Charleston, I parked up an extra level on purpose and even hugged a non parking space in an effort to not get door dinged. This asshole parks over the line on top of me."

There is not much we can do, I'm not much into cars, they serve me a function and that's it. But if someone makes a dent on my PC case, I will make sure they get castrated/flogged 

To be honest when I drive my cars all of which are my babies especially my chevelle I park near no one or if I have to park next to someone I take pictures of the back of the car including the license plates. But people who do this and don't leave a note deserve to be sterilized.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I would get out of my car and choke a bitch.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I don't drive so I'll probably never understand how that feels xD

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

dont park by people

This.

People should not be around other people. People are...people.  puke.gif

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why don't you drive?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Ok imagine you spent 20,000 USD on a car in perfect condition brand new off the lot the imagine some ignorant teenager thats not paying attention flings the door into your perfect car. Personally this has happened to me I was driving my moms new Ford Fusion and a kid in the back seat of his moms car throws his door open and dents the back of my moms day old car. My heart sank and I wanted to murder this kid who still didn't seem to care. They paid to get it fixed in the end but people need to get rid of the this I dont care attitude.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

Why don't you drive?

Haha its a long story.... has something to do with messed up credentials and stuff... so as of now I can't drive. Too driving courses in the past and everything too. *shrugs*

Ok imagine you spent 20,000 USD on a car in perfect condition brand new off the lot the imagine some ignorant teenager thats not paying attention flings the door into your perfect car. Personally this has happened to me I was driving my moms new Ford Fusion and a kid in the back seat of his moms car throws his door open and dents the back of my moms day old car. My heart sank and I wanted to murder this kid who still didn't seem to care. They paid to get it fixed in the end but people need to get rid of the this I dont care attitude.

Bummer.... good thing you got it paid for though. I'd imagine most of these guys just drive away and leave you with the problem.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^