"Something new is coming..." AMD VP Global Channel Sales

mymouthandi

Relax guys, it's probably not going to be a new cpu, just a current one with a stock water cooler instead of the standard stock air cooler.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

As i mentioned before, I DIDNT SEE IT AND NEITHER HAS OTHERS聽

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current聽

AMD Athlon X4 760K聽|聽MSI A78M-E45聽|聽Sapphire R7 265聽|聽Cougar Solution聽|聽Cooler Master Hyper T4聽|聽ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB聽|聽Fractal Design 650W

I'm hoping for something awesome, but expecting nothing more than a 9590 with bundled AIO cooler.聽

i almost bet that it is a steamroller/excavator rev. of buldozer arquitecture, by now GOFLO must have perfected the 28nm production metode of kaveri APU, that was very leaky and do not perform at high clock speeds, to a point where it can be introduce to a fx serie product it would be very good to see a fx chip with a 10~15% increse in ipc over the fx-8350 at the same clock speeds and lower tdp.

could this be the last interaction of buldozer arquitecture that amd said to be deliver to am3+ socket?

this would explain some new boards like the asrock fatal1ty 990fx killer, and the new msi 970 mobo

Well... should be "Worlds first聽stock聽8ghz cpu"

You happy now? :P

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

You happy now? :P

haha yesss

Current聽

AMD Athlon X4 760K聽|聽MSI A78M-E45聽|聽Sapphire R7 265聽|聽Cougar Solution聽|聽Cooler Master Hyper T4聽|聽ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB聽|聽Fractal Design 650W

i almost bet that it is a steamroller/excavator rev. of buldozer arquitecture, by now GOFLO must have perfected the 28nm production metode of kaveri APU, that was very leaky and do not perform at high clock speeds, to a point where it can be introduce to a fx serie product it would be very good to see a fx chip with a 10~15% increse in ipc over the fx-8350 at the same clock speeds and lower tdp.

could this be the last interaction of buldozer arquitecture that amd said to be deliver to am3+ socket?

this would explain some new boards like the asrock fatal1ty 990fx killer, and the new msi 970 mobo

I was just thinking the same as the latter end there after seeing the MSI 970 post.聽

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU聽Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler聽XSPC RayStorm

Current聽

It's just gonna be the 9000 series FX chips packaged for retail with a water cooler.聽

It's either the FX 8350 with a liquid cooler bundled or the 9590. I don't think it'll be anything new.

cooling a 9590 with a 120/140mm rad? lol

Didn't they already do an aio with the 8350 also why does and do this they always tease something and it's shit why not just tell us -_-

Although this could be the reason we have seen new am3 boards lately.

FX? what ya getting at AMD, cuz i thought the new FX line was for 2016...

looking at the 'with liquid cooler system' part on the box, lets hope this isnt a 5.5GHz overclocked 8000 series CPU... (or whatever frequency...)

Uses more power than a 290x...

Well, we can assume it's an FX branded chip based on Kaveri, meaning Steamroller cores. From what I've read, it won't be much faster than bulldozer/piledriver anyway because of the fact that the modules are the same, there's no shrinkage. It's not going to be Excavator because those won't be released until mid 2015 or so and will be revamping their A## APUs, unless they intend on ditching that branding and sticking with FX (FX-670k APU for laptops, for example). Even then, they'd just be the newest CPUs in the family line of bulldozer.

What annoys me is he took a terrible picture on a terrible phone and uploaded it as jpeg (might've been twitter's fault). Can't read anything on the side of the box.

In any case, if it has an included liquid cooler, it'll be just like the previous piledriver FX processors. Heat issues, probably still having issues overcoming turbo barriers for their higher end chips, etc. The only thing you can hope for is that this mean you'll see chips that don't overclock superbly but are binned and packaged/branded differently. This would mean out-of-the-box aggressive overclocking on stock/turbo speeds but probably better pricing since they're squeezing the most out of worse chips (closer to what the first FX-9000s have done). I am so not going to look into these too much if AMD plans on charging $140+ for something only marginally faster than an FX-6350 CPU. Remember, more cores means faster in this case but it doesn't mean it's worth the money.

Amd offers the best price/performance in most of their market but God dam they have been boring lately.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC聽/ AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti聽

how about a 8350 yhat fits in a fm2 board making the am3 one now obsolete(at last!)?

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :聽 Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h聽 | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K聽 |聽 XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

I am ok with stupid high TDPs, just give me performance to match.

Desktop - 聽i5聽4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

looks like something like FX 10xxx 8 core 5.5 GHZ or 6 GHZ shitty cpu with liquid cooling, or nitrogen cooling and needs 350W LOL that is slower than i5 4690k!

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

how about a 8350 yhat fits in a fm2 board making the am3 one now obsolete(at last!)?

Actually that would be awesome: I have no idea if it's technically feasible but giving gamers a single platform and upgrade path would help a lot: believe it or not the complete lack of integrated graphics it's a minor consideration I make but a consideration nonetheless: I've been gaming long enough that I've been through several burnt cards and on occasion, with really bad timing (completely broke and with no compatible card to replace even temporarily: meaning I was out of a PC completely for months)

-------

Current Rig

-------

My take is high clock and TDP so it needs liquid cooling but nothing really new. Expecting something really new in 2016 but until then just some tinkering with the old stuff.聽

I mean it could be a stock water cooled card but maybe not. I mean its not it says water cooled on the box or anything.

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

looks like something like FX 10xxx 8 core 5.5 GHZ or 6 GHZ shitty cpu with liquid cooling, or nitrogen cooling and needs 350W LOL that is slower than i5 4690k!

6Ghz Vishera would have ~10% worse performance than stock i5 4670. :(

Curing shitposts by shitposts