Nvidia GTX 880, 880 Ti to be Cheaper than 780 Ti

they'd be stupid as hell if they do a 256 bit bus with 8gb of ram, I don't see them going backwards in memory bus, when AMD is moving forward in memory bus.

256 bit on 8gb vram...r they doing this because they think no game will be using that much vram or wat...

this is stupid.. amd just does it better. stick to 1080p nvidia.

EDIT: im talking about the friggin 256 bit bus

I was thinking the same thing because AMD is already at 1024-bit but the farthest Nvidia has gone is 768-Bit so far, but if there trying to make this better buy performance/price ratio (IF THIS IS TRUE) then it would make sense. 

I hope you all realize that this doesn't matter. Yes the bus width is smaller, yet the bus speed is higher so it is irrelevant. But the GPU's still need more ram. And ohh, a single 880ti better max games out at 4k, I'm serious btw, if 4k is becoming a standard then we better have the gpu's to back it up.

How are we even sure an 880Ti will exist? The 780Ti was a "fuck AMD have something better we need to be the fastest for E-Peen". There was a 660Ti and no 760Ti etc

Thus will probably be close to a rebadge performancewise. They'll give it more vram because vram is apparently the new swag (when we don't even have anything that can saturate 6gb and still get decent performance from the gpu) and change its architecture to have it be a bit more power efficient and have some *meh* new features and call it a day. Take the fact that it's still at 28nm (meaning power consumption will be as bad as current cards and therefore they won't be able to push performance much) and that the memory bus is supposedly tighter (probably to allow for so much vram) combined with the price point and it's not far fetched to say we don't really have anything to look forwards to.

DISCLAIMER: ALL OF THE ABOVE IS SPECULATION.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

no 760Ti etc

That's because that wouldn't have any place since the price of a 770 isn't much higher than a 760

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Dis gon be guud :)

no

post-52604-0-37908100-1403276218.gif

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I already sold one 780 + waterblock to @CCap , so I can downgrade my whole system since I don't need anything I actually have, nor will I ever use it.  Planning on a 4790k + m power with a yellow watercooled build soon.  Should be done within a month or two.

I'm selling the 780 I have now after I get a few extra $ and probably getting a used 290x + the CPU+motherboard, it's cheaper and faster for my 1440p, and whichever company releases a better option in 2015 I'll upgrade to that maybe. 

Good news is after I downgrade I'll have like $800 leftover to spend on other things, like finishing my setup + buying a racing wheel

You have an insatiable lust for technology.

Great. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

they said cheaper, they didnt say how much cheaper, could be $10

gonna have to wait and see. but im deffo not upgrading my 290 either way, unless this GPU has some amazing specs.

wonder how much bandwidth this actually has

No one that has a current gen card should be buying the next cards, only two people would do so: Noobs and Enthusiasts. The enthusiasts are another story, they simply do it because they enjoy it, I respect them. Now if you have a 780 or a 290, and you expect a big jump in performance you know nothing Jon Snow... I mean, dude.

It's more for new builders, people with 500-600 series cards and enthusiasts that understand what they're getting.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I'm fine with my setup for now. It runs everything basically maxed out even at 1440p so I'm the.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I hope you all realize that this doesn't matter. Yes the bus width is smaller, yet the bus speed is higher so it is irrelevant. But the GPU's still need more ram. And ohh, a single 880ti better max games out at 4k, I'm serious btw, if 4k is becoming a standard then we better have the gpu's to back it up.

Gpu's can barely keep up with the 3gb they put on them now, adding more vram isn't going to help unless we get faster busses, wider busses, and faster gpu's.

A 780 using 3gb of vram will literally have 20 FPS, because the GPU just isn't fast enough to use that much effectively.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Gpu's can barely keep up with the 3gb they put on them now, adding more vram isn't going to help unless we get faster busses, wider busses, and faster gpu's.

A 780 using 3gb of vram will literally have 20 FPS, because the GPU just isn't fast enough to use that much effectively.

We'll see when the cards come out and there are benchmarks

We'll see when the cards come out and there are benchmarks

snip

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The cards are out, and it's irrelevant. If anyone tries to say otherwise, they're full of shit, @Faa also has two 780's, and so does @MegaDave91 they can both confirm that over 3gb is irrelevant.

I was referring to the 8xx cards

I was referring to the 8xx cards

Oic, I shall edit my post :P

I have a radeon 6950. I know its hard but im trying to force myself to wait for a die shrink. I have a feeling that will give us the biggest jump in performance.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I really doubt it will be cheaper than the 780 TI. :rolleyes:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why is it so hard to think it will be cheaper than the 780 ti? New cards aren't always more expensive than older ones... this certainly won't be the first time it happened.

it doesnt work that way...it really requires a wider bus for that much vram or the gpu will be lacking power to play games at a decent fps with 3 or 4gb vram utilization...it need a wider bus for frequent access between the gpu and the vram to render faster...