Good Fans For Thick Rads.

I am getting some thick rads and right no the fans im looking at is the corsair sp series fans,

i want "quiet" fans, that are good in both push and pull (even fans), either all white,red,or,white or any mix of those colors, no LEDs please. i need 16 fans so if they have a pack of them that would cost less thats a plus but not needed.

the fans dont have to be too quiet but i dont want a tornado in my room.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Well some of the quietest fans without sacrificing tons of performance actually are the SP120s(quiet edition), they're quieter than Noctuas. They're prettier, might not be as a good of a fan but what difference does 0.01C make anyways?

Well some of the quietest fans without sacrificing tons of performance actually are the SP120s(quiet edition), they're quieter than Noctuas. They're prettier, might not be as a good of a fan but what difference does 0.01C make anyways?

okay cool thanks, im gonna see if anyone else has options to just because i beleive in the, never take advice from just one person. no offense, i do it with every one

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

I have a Noctua NF-P12 fan. It's extremely quiet, and moves a bit of air. It doesn't look very good, but it's not visible in my case anyways, except for the back.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have a Noctua NF-P12 fan. It's extremely quiet, and moves a bit of air. It doesn't look very good, but it's not visible in my case anyways, except for the back.

ya they are visible in my case and they are SOO ugly

I would look in to some Noctua fans they are really good

They are the most god awful looking fans ever and my case shows the fans.

The SilverStone Air Penetrator fans are great for radiators. They are black and blue. These are great fans but it doesn't match your requirements. :(

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I am getting some thick rads...

how thick is thick? 45mm, 60mm, 80mm?

what sizes? 240, 360, 480?

noise level performance is all subjective.. to some 1600rpm fans are fine, others

it is numbing and suicidal.

I prefer the SP PE fans and can under-volt to suit noise level needs.. the QE are fine,

but push/pull on anything greater than 45mm is best. an under-volted PE is a tick

louder than a QE @ 12v. better performance (5°-12° better) on a 60mm alphacool 480.

airdeano

how thick is thick? 45mm, 60mm, 80mm?

what sizes? 240, 360, 480?

noise level performance is all subjective.. to some 1600rpm fans are fine, others

it is numbing and suicidal.

I prefer the SP PE fans and can under-volt to suit noise level needs.. the QE are fine,

but push/pull on anything greater than 45mm is best. an under-volted PE is a tick

louder than a QE @ 12v. better performance (5°-12° better) on a 60mm alphacool 480.

airdeano

60mm

fans must be 120mm

aslong as its not noticable 4 feet away its quiet enough

im getting these rads, http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14987/ex-rad-341/Alphacool_NexXxoS_UT60_Full_Copper_Quad_120mm_Radiator.html?tl=g30c95s570

hopefully that helps i forgot to add that in the original post :)

I got a pair of those and they are some heavy-ass radiators.. easily twice heavier

than RX480 and SR1 480.

SP120 PE @ 7v in my CaseLabs SM8 are quite @ 2-feet in push. with no baffling or filters.

filters will dampen the air-noise a bit.

Swiftech Helix 120 PWM are fine fans, but seem to surge on motherboard. moved to PSU

and were OK, even when singled to a header was picky and no locked speed.

Swiftech Helix 120 under-volt well, can flow @ 12v would have to push/pull on 60mm+ on

7v for performance and not really expensive.

NoiseBlockers were quite, but just had no-butt in air-flow verses the SP fans. too much for

little performance.

Bitfenix Pros were to loud and no air-flow.

BGears B-Blaster 120 were flowing lil fans, but noisy and under-volt well but performance

is deffo reduced. priced moderately.

waiting for akasa and gelid fans for testing.

airdeano

I got a pair of those and they are some heavy-ass radiators.. easily twice heavier

than RX480 and SR1 480.

SP120 PE @ 7v in my CaseLabs SM8 are quite @ 2-feet in push. with no baffling or filters.

filters will dampen the air-noise a bit.

Swiftech Helix 120 PWM are fine fans, but seem to surge on motherboard. moved to PSU

and were OK, even when singled to a header was picky and no locked speed.

Swiftech Helix 120 under-volt well, can flow @ 12v would have to push/pull on 60mm+ on

7v for performance and not really expensive.

NoiseBlockers were quite, but just had no-butt in air-flow verses the SP fans. too much for

little performance.

Bitfenix Pros were to loud and no air-flow.

BGears B-Blaster 120 were flowing lil fans, but noisy and under-volt well but performance

is deffo reduced. priced moderately.

waiting for akasa and gelid fans for testing.

airdeano

im getting the magnum sth10 and i will get the corsair fans, thanks

The bearing in the Corsair fans suck. Mine died after 2 months when mounted horizontally.

Also, Shikari has clearly never used Noctua fans, they're much quieter.

Gentle Typoons are the best for rads they are wayyyy better then corsair fans.

Totally agree, get typhoons, cougars, or noise blockers

Totally agree, get typhoons, cougars, or noise blockers

are they good in both push and pull or just one? thanks

I got both noctuas and sp120 and noctuas are much more quiet when you run them at low rpm atleast. I run my sp120 at 400 rpm and u can hear a low ticking noise from them the noctuas are dead silent at those speeds

Doesn't matter

You will get minor temperature difference so either way is fine. I would recommend pull because it would be easier to clean the rads.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

You will get minor temperature difference so either way is fine. I would recommend pull because it would be easier to clean the rads.

well im putting fans on both sides of the rad so ya. 

Doesn't matter

It matters to me.

Then use a push pull configuration. On a side note please use the multiquote function to answer one or more questions. This is why this function is here. It just makes things better and reduces the amount of notifications. This seems like post farming if you are answering two questions in two different posts when you can just use one post to answer both questions. 

That's going to be a lot of fans.

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

That's going to be a lot of fans.

And yes i need 20 fans which equals around $300 of fans. im gonna need some adapters :/

Then use a push pull configuration. On a side note please use the multiquote function to answer one or more questions. This is why this function is here. It just makes things better and reduces the amount of notifications. This seems like post farming if you are answering two questions in two different posts when you can just use one post to answer both questions. 

I read one before the other and  wasnt able to multi quote after i typed it up. and no im not post farming.... Why does everyone accuse me of post farming it doesnt get me any award or anything.

Is this better?

I vote for Noctuas, but they are very very ugly. So instead I vote for Gentle Typhoons only problem is that they are around $20 per fan....so I hope you have a big budget for your build! 

How do you plan to control the fan speeds? If you get a fan controller make sure it has enough power to drive multiple fans on one channel! 

Something like the Fractal Adjust 108 would be perfect because it can handle 36 Watts per channel: http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=5∏=80

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I vote for Noctuas, but they are very very ugly. So instead I vote for Gentle Typhoons only problem is that they are around $20 per fan....so I hope you have a big budget for your build! 

How do you plan to control the fan speeds? If you get a fan controller make sure it has enough power to drive multiple fans on one channel! 

Something like the Fractal Adjust 108 would be perfect because it can handle 36 Watts per channel: http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=5∏=80

Can i plug in 18 fans to it? and im gonna get the corsair sp fans in a two pack they are only $30 for a two pack.