Consoles are good value?

H4X3R

Why is everyone hating on consoles?

What's so bad about them? They are pretty good for the price, and if you just play 1 or 2 games they aren't that expensive at all.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

What's so bad about them? They are pretty good for the price, and if you just play 1 or 2 games they aren't that expensive at all.

Riddle me this, who plays just one or two games?

Some just like the customize ability of PC's over consoles. Once you hit the performance ceiling on a console there isn't much you can do to get better performance.

We aren't. We can't build a PC that is better than the PS4 for 400$. It's a fact. It's just that they are very locked down. And we dislike that. You can do much more with a PC and if you can shell out a bit more money you can a much better experience. Also why pay 60$ per game when you can get for 15$ on steam? 

Me :)

TF2 mainly and sometimes BF3.

Everyone I know plays at least a dozen different games. Even if it's just for twenty or thrity hours. I haven't had that low of a game collection in years.

Well considering the "Next-Gen" versions of consoles are running at 792p and 900p with Watchdogs, it sort of suggests that they aren't really "Next-Gen"

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

We aren't. We can't build a PC that is better than the PS4 for 400$. It's a fact. It's just that they are very locked down. And we dislike that. You can do much more with a PC and if you can shell out a bit more money you can a much better experience. Also why pay 60$ per game when you can get for 15$ on steam? 

Never owned a console so IDK the prices of games. I agree that consoles are locked down, what about upcoming steam boxes? Are those considered consoles or PCs?

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

They're closed systems where the consumer doesn't have a lot of choice.  The consoles themselves are just pieces of hardware, it's the actions of the hardware manufacturers and game dev companies/publishers that people don't like.

And the original xbox controller.  I hated that thing.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Consoles are nice, but fixes for games are fast, they are better for the money too.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Some people hate consoles for a variety of reasons, some of which aren't reasonable at all. Others have honest criticisms against the systems.

They are a good value for people who don't have a lot of money and can't afford to build a computer that is capable of equal gaming at the same price of the console. But also because consoles have good games and it is able to be shared with the family.  :)

But, you know, "PC MASTER RACE!11!" . <_<

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well considering the "Next-Gen" versions of consoles are running at 792p and 900p with Watchdogs, it sort of suggests that they aren't really "Next-Gen"

they are in terms of there predecessor but not in terms of todays pc standards

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I'll only get something if it has at least 10 games on the market. Never again will I repeat the "Wii for Zelda" BS. Those long, hard, aching, throbbing 3 (or 4) years of waiting for another Zelda game...

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I'm thinking of investing in a Wii U.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I don't know if a console is all ways the best option depending on what you intend to do with it but i don't think consoles are bad

I have owned nes, snes, n64, wii, saga, dreamcast, ps1,2,3,4, xbox, 360, atari 2600 so i don't think i would say i hate consoles by any means

OP has a point. My first BF game would probably be the case.

BFBC2, revolution!

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

OP has a point. My first BF game would probably be the case.

BFBC2, revolution!

1942 broham. 

How about the games? Say you want 5 AAA titles: that costs you 300 $, on Steam those would cost you maybe 30$ If you get them on a sale a few months later. Not to mention you still need a PC for browsing, school... So why not get a 1000 $ PC instead then?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

How about the games? Say you want 5 AAA titles: that costs you 300 $, on Steam those would cost you maybe 30$ If you get them on a sale a few months later. Not to mention you still need a PC for browsing, school... So why not get a 1000 $ PC instead then?

its not like pc has it all that much better really. you cant rent pc games, you cant resell pc games, you cant loan out pc games, sometimes long delay before games come out on pc after consoles, bad ports to pc and bad controls on pc

But you are assuming that most people wait until Steam Sales to buy their games.

Also, most consoles offer online support now so they can browse too. As for school, obviously, which is another reason why you shouldn't compare a computer to a console when they both have different usages. ^_^

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well, PC has another option for games.... ;)

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Me I've only ever had one or two games on the go and sometimes even just one aaaaand my PS3 even out lasted a PC i once had and at the time i did most of what i was doing on my PS3 too.