EA plans a "fundamental shift" in how it makes games, says CEO

Rafy

Why are you fuckers complaining about Dlc? If you expect them to include the 20 maps they add with the dlc in the standard game you've lost your mind.

The problem is that anyone who doesn't have premium is missing out on the majority of the game. A simple solution would be free dlc, like you guys want. But you have to realize that the amount of work it takes to make the dlc costs money too. Then one would say that they could make less dlc. This would work. But it's not exactly an elegant solution, because out of each dlc there is maybe one good map and three cruddy ones. In the release game there's maybe three good maps and seven cruddy ones.

The solution is for quality control on the maps released. Then you have two dlcs, a CQ/infantry one and a vehicle one. You end up with 16-20 decent maps, and a variety for people to play.

Sorry, but $50 for 20 maps isn't viable to me, especially when a new Battlefield is being churned out every 1-2 years now(major releases(Since BF:BC2)). Battlefield is going the way of CoD, so unless they do a 180 right now and go back to their ways of Bad Company and the original Battlefields, then the series is officially dead. I'm not going to spend over $100 every 2 years(average) just to keep "up-to-date" with the series. If a Battlefield game came out maybe once every 3-4 years(minimum), then I'd reconsider, but I might as well buy the new BF when it's $30 a couple months after release off of a crummy Origin/Amazon sale and then pick up promotional free DLC along with it(or wait for the 50% off sale on that too), get my BF fill, then by the time I've enjoyed the game, the next one comes or has came out and repeat.

You know what killed CoD? The excessive amount of DLC, the blatant money grabbing. CoD4 is STILL being played to this day, you know how many maps that game had? Sixteen from the basegame and four from the ONE DLC it had, you know how many good maps were in that game? Twenty. All twenty maps were amazing. The fact that EA even offers "Premium" status just goes to show that they even know their DLC is going to be crap, so why not save $5 off of every single one? You're gonna buy them anyway since only "one good map and three cruddy ones", so instead of releasing a game with ten good maps, we'll put in filler content and then charge you more for the better maps we've set aside.

Enjoy your lackluster multiplayer. When the servers get shutdown, don't come crying here. I'll be too busy still playing Cod4 and Halo: CE.

Sorry, but $50 for 20 maps isn't viable to me, especially when a new Battlefield is being churned out every 1-2 years now(major releases(Since BF:BC2)). Battlefield is going the way of CoD, so unless they do a 180 right now and go back to their ways of Bad Company and the original Battlefields, then the series is officially dead. I'm not going to spend over $100 every 2 years(average) just to keep "up-to-date" with the series. If a Battlefield game came out maybe once every 3-4 years(minimum), then I'd reconsider, but I might as well buy the new BF when it's $30 a couple months after release off of a crummy Origin/Amazon sale and then pick up promotional free DLC along with it(or wait for the 50% off sale on that too), get my BF fill, then by the time I've enjoyed the game, the next one comes or has came out and repeat.

You know what killed CoD? The excessive amount of DLC, the blatant money grabbing. CoD4 is STILL being played to this day, you know how many maps that game had? Sixteen from the basegame and four from the ONE DLC it had, you know how many good maps were in that game? Twenty. All twenty maps were amazing. The fact that EA even offers "Premium" status just goes to show that they even know their DLC is going to be crap, so why not save $5 off of every single one? You're gonna buy them anyway since only "one good map and three cruddy ones", so instead of releasing a game with ten good maps, we'll put in filler content and then charge you more for the better maps we've set aside.

Enjoy your lackluster multiplayer. When the servers get shutdown, don't come crying here. I'll be too busy still playing Cod4 and Halo: CE.

Did you even read my suggestion on the end? I called for quality control so that all the maps would be decent, and at most two dlcs.

I also wish they would fix the and remove the shitty gadgets that just convolute the game and discourage players. Camping with a ucav is not a legitimate playstyle.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

EA has shown their attitude in plenty of interviews...They will never fucking ever learn.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Here's what EA needs to do (And all companies take note of):

• Tone down on the micro-transactions & paid DLC in games & exclusive content
  • If you're going to release DLC, do it as an expansion and bundle a bunch of worthwile content for $20-$30 and not just a couple maps/another mission
  • To add on the previous note, don't charge full price for expansions, you've already done most of the hard work developing engines/models/etc from the core game and lets face it, to charge the same price as you would a new game for an expansion is just milking it and taking advantage of consumers.
  • DO NOT release DLC just after the launch of the game.... seriously? and also have the audacity of charging MORE for it. If the game isn't complete, DONT release it until it is.
  • POLISH your game before you release it! You don't see companies like Nintendo releasing buggy games, why? because they actually QA their products and don't release crap.
  • Don't rehash game after game year after year that's virtually a copy of the previous one, I'm looking at the call of duties, etc games out there that are just the same thing over and over. For god sake come up with some original content once in a while!

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Ensure games are going to be functional and fun 'earlier'? Well shit, here I was thinking products should be finished or shouldn't be sold. Fuck me, game publishers these days. Don't mind selling you a hugely buggy product and slapping you with $100 worth of DLC. 

I love EA just because of this very reason.  TBH EA were the pioneers to what is now called 'Early Access,' unfortunately EA were the pun of every noobs jokes about publishing half-polished games at release.

If people wanted polished games that take an extra 2+ years to release, go to blizzard.

CPU: i7 4770K 4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97x Killer, GFX: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX (x2 SLI), RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz CAS 9 16GB, DSK Intel 530 120GB OS, Crucial M500 120GB, WD 1TB Blue, WD 1TB Green, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Obsidian 750D. 

SERVER HP ProLiant Microserver N54L, FreeNAS: ZFS, 8TB (4x 2TB WD Red), RAID Z2, 16GB ECC RAM, 1Gb/s Link Aggregated:  Running as NAS, Plex, & ownCloud

I love EA just because of this very reason.  TBH EA were the pioneers to what is now called 'Early Access,' unfortunately EA were the pun of every noobs jokes about publishing half-polished games at release.

If people wanted polished games that take an extra 2+ years to release, go to blizzard.

Can't tell if troll or really believes in this

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Why don't people like paid DLC? I mean, devs make (for example) 3-4 maps for your multiplayer experience and add a few new mechanics here and there for a relatively low price. It keeps the game from getting old and they usually have a season pass sort of thing so you can get it cheaper. I just see it as a way to support the dev team so they'll make the next game better. Just my two cents.

Too bad they won't kill Origin.

Why should they kill Origin? So Steam can have a monopoly? Fuck off. Steam bans your account with all your games if you use a proxy to buy form another region. Origin does not. That's a possitive in my book.

Get off Gabe's dick.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Can't tell if troll or really believes in this

So just because someone doesn't jump on the EA hate bandwagon means they're a troll?

EA make some pretty sick games, just because you can't cope because it's not polished at release does that mean EA are the worst company around? It's a different business methodology.

Like I said, they're the pioneers to early access.

CPU: i7 4770K 4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97x Killer, GFX: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX (x2 SLI), RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz CAS 9 16GB, DSK Intel 530 120GB OS, Crucial M500 120GB, WD 1TB Blue, WD 1TB Green, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Obsidian 750D. 

SERVER HP ProLiant Microserver N54L, FreeNAS: ZFS, 8TB (4x 2TB WD Red), RAID Z2, 16GB ECC RAM, 1Gb/s Link Aggregated:  Running as NAS, Plex, & ownCloud

Is it me or is Ubisoft and EA seem to be trading places?

Too bad they won't kill Origin.

At least Origin works even if it sucks compared to STEAM, but Uplay makes Origin look like a Golden Egg and STEAM like the Arkenstone.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Guys, Origin isn't terrible. When it was first introduced it was shit but it is nowhere near as bad now. It's functional and it works 99% of the time, more than I can say for Uplay.

My GPU History: GTS 250, 7790, 7850, GTX 660ti, 7870XT, 7970, 280X, 280X Crossfire, 290, 290X, Fury X, 390 Crossfire, Fury Crossfire, 1070, 1080, 1080ti.

My CPU History: Pentium 4, Pentium E5300, Core 2 Quad QX 9650, Intel Xeon 1230 v3, 4790K, 3930K, 5820K, 1700, 3700X.

EA is the worse video game publisher on the face of the planet. And why I ever bought BF4 (at $49) after BF3 I don't know. Well I do because my friends where playing it and lets face it team play on BF can be a lot of fun even with the annoying random drop outs the bad glitch's and terrible maps.

Until the bad out ways the good people will still buy this crap even me.  

Yeah like the first comment I saw said, this is nothing but a bunch of bullshit. Just like Ubisoft saying "WE HATE DRM"

Did they say what they are going to do to mitigate that problem? 

Not really. They are just saying cool things to try and appear cool. Shame on Ubisoft, shame on EA. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, even more mircro-transactions and DLC!

I will never see this until they actually release a game that blows everything out of the water and is not full of bugs and stuff.

Why are you fuckers complaining about Dlc? If you expect them to include the 20 maps they add with the dlc in the standard game you've lost your mind.

The problem is that anyone who doesn't have premium is missing out on the majority of the game. A simple solution would be free dlc, like you guys want. But you have to realize that the amount of work it takes to make the dlc costs money too. Then one would say that they could make less dlc. This would work. But it's not exactly an elegant solution, because out of each dlc there is maybe one good map and three cruddy ones. In the release game there's maybe three good maps and seven cruddy ones.

The solution is for quality control on the maps released. Then you have two dlcs, a CQ/infantry one and a vehicle one. You end up with 16-20 decent maps, and a variety for people to play.

1) Maps are actually pretty cheap to make and probably one of the less expensive things to develop in a game.

2) I remember when devs actually did give maps away for free but then publishers forced a monetary charge.

3) FPS games actually did used to come with 15+ maps out of the box.

4) Devs used to even go as far as to provide players with the tools necessary to create an endless amount of their own maps entirely free of charge.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

they won't ever get rid of origin, because of all of their licensing rights and as a publisher they have the right to have their own platform to be selling their games on. If they were to sell them on Steam nothing would really change or get better

• 3 weeks later...

I still haven't bought BF 4. I own BF 3 and BF BC 2. But I wouldn't spend more than $10-20 on BF 4. It's still buggy & unoptimized.

[spoiler=Gaming Desktop ◣_◢ ] CPU: Amd FX8320 8core@4.4Ghz oc Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ (Artic Silver 5 Goo) Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-D3P am3/am3+ RAM: Gskill RipjawsX 16gbs ddr3(2x8gb) 1866mhz GPU: MSI R7870-2GD5T/oc 17.5% 1175core 1450mem Hdd: Sandisk 128Gb ssd boot drive, 2x1Tb Hitachi 7200rpm hdd, 2Tb WD MyBook 7200rpm external hdd PSU: Rosewill Hive 650W 80+Bronze full Modular Case: Rosewill Challenger USB3.0v Mid-tower OS: W7 64bit Hp Keyboard:MS sidewinder 6x,Logitech K400 wireless Mouse:Logitech 318e Controller:xbox360 wired Monitor:23" Dell 1080p 60Hz LED-backlit LCD, 50" Sceptre 1080p 60Hz LED HDTVHeadphones:Turtlebeach X12 Speakers: Dell AX210 USB [spoiler=Workstation - retiring soon _ ]CPU: Amd 645 4core@3.1Ghz Mobo: ASRock A785GM-LE am3 RAM: Corsair 8gbs ddr3(4x2gb) 1333mhz GPU: XFX HD 5570 1gb ddr3 650core 900mem Hdd:1Tb Hitachi 7200rpm hdd  PSU: Antec BP350 350w

Case: DIYPC FM08-Blue2 Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case OS: W7 64bit Hp [spoiler=Gaming Laptop ಠ_ಠ ] CPU: Intel I7- 4700hq 4core@2.4Ghz 3.4Ghz turbo  Model: MSI GE Series GE60 Apache Pro-003 Gaming Laptop RAM: Corsair 8gbs ddr3 (1x8gbs)1600mhz GPU: NVIDIA GTX 860M 2gbs gddr5 1029core 1253mem

Hdd: 1Tb WD 7200rpm hdd OS: W8.1 64bit Keyboard: Steel Series Gaming Backlit 102 keys Monitor: 15.6" LCD eDP Wide View Angle Headphones:Turtlebeach X12 Speakers: 4 x Speakers (2W)

• 2 months later...

wont buy anything EA until they bring back madden for pc

wont buy anything EA until they bring back madden for pc

kV1gq.jpg

Gaming PC: CPU: 4770k @ 4.0Ghz GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance 1600Mhz Mobo: ASRock Extreme 9/AC PSU: Corsair AX760i Case: Corsair 750D CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i HDD: Samsung EVO 250GB, 1TB HDD, 4TB HDD 

Why don't people like paid DLC? I mean, devs make (for example) 3-4 maps for your multiplayer experience and add a few new mechanics here and there for a relatively low price. It keeps the game from getting old and they usually have a season pass sort of thing so you can get it cheaper. I just see it as a way to support the dev team so they'll make the next game better. Just my two cents.

Because people expect games to cost exactly what they cost 30 years ago, and for them to cost that price forever. They don't care about the increase in inflation or the fact the games cost a hell of a lot more to produce these days. Sorry, but the next Battlefield won't release for free, and you shouldn't expect the DLC to either.